Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Depression

I know I needed to be there for Scarlet, but I couldn’t. I was so lost in my regret, what I had done that I could barely manage to think. I found myself still muttering that I was sorry, I could feel my lips moving but no sound reached my ears.

I still held Scarlet to my chest my arms wrapped around her in silent comfort; her sobs were racking her body.

It was my fault that not only did she have the thoughts of a change on her mind and now she had to live her last few days knowing she was either going to die with the baby or change and forever have that child inside of her.

If I hadn’t been so stupid and let my hormones get the best of me, she wouldn’t even be in this position but she also would have died without knowing why. I was caught in a battle; yes, it was my fault she was pregnant but I had also managed to win her for the rest of eternity. I didn’t know if it was a bad thing or a good thing anymore.

I couldn’t stop fighting myself over my actions. I found so much bad, but for those there was one good to the each group.

I don’t know how long I held her before Esme entered with soup for Scarlet. I took this time to leave and gather my thoughts.

I couldn’t let Scarlet die. I couldn’t lose them both; I wasn’t sure if I could handle that loss.

This pattern became our day to day routine for the rest of that week and then the day before her final day something went wrong. Scarlet woke screaming at the top of her lungs. But I couldn’t find anything wrong but Carlisle knew right away.

Scarlet’s body was rejecting the baby and it was killing her while she miscarried.