Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Settled

“Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know!” Emmett yelled jumping up and down with his hand in the air, I swear it shook the house. Carlisle had called a family meeting to see if anyone has seen any indication to me having a ability. He also stated very clearly that it wasn’t bad if I didn’t.

The current question was if anyone thought they knew what my ability could be, if I even have one. Of course Emmett was the first to raise his hand, I shudder at the thought of what he has in mind.

“Yes?” Carlisle say hesitantly from across the room. Where in the living room where Esme has a off-white theme going on.

“She can turn into purple amphibians!” he yells nodding his head fervently and patting Rosalie’s leg. Edward sighs and walks out of the room mumbling something about going to see Bella, I miss her.

“No. She can’t turn into, purple amphibians?” Jasper says like a question probably not believing he was saying it. I roll my eyes looking to Carlisle for some help.

Jasper, who’s lap I’m sitting on, sighs and buries his head in the crook of my neck inhaling deeply. I let a small shiver go up my spine, and close my eyes briefly. Esme clears her throat and my eyes snap open, I feel a small squeezing feeling in my stomach and if I were human I more then likely would have blushed.

I suddenly wanted the feeling to go away I wanted to feel nothing and it worked, just like that I felt nothing. I went to look up at Esme now that I didn’t feel embarrassed anymore, she was looking at me, but she wasn’t. She was looking through me, just staring like a shell.

“Esme?” I say timidly, she doesn’t react. I look around the room and everyone is like that, like there frozen in nothingness like there just void. I turn in Jasper’s lap and touch his cheek softly.

“Jasper?” I whisper starting to panic when he doesn’t react either. I shake his shoulders hard and he still just stares off into space with those dead eyes. If I could cry I would be doing so, I want Jasper to move, I want him back to the way he was I want him back now!

Jasper suddenly blinks.

“Scarlett!” He gasps and I hear everyone else do the same. I look around wide eyed as everyone just stares at me.

“I think… I think we may have found her power.” Carlisle exhales deeply taking Esme’s hand.

**

Jasper is strumming his guitar softly as I sit at the window watching the rain pelt the window, I turn and smile at Jasper and he gets up coming towards me. He veers to the left turning on the radio a soft melody coming out of the speakers, the sound fills the room.

“May I?” He was drawling out his accent and I smile, I take his hand and he lifts me to my feet gliding me to the middle of the room where he puts a hand on my waste keeping the other hand laced with mine.

Without a word we begin to dance, we twirl the room just gazing into each others eyes. It’s like time stopped and we were here in this moment bond to dace forever.

Then a ringing pierces my tranquil thought, I feel annoyed and Jasper raises his eyebrow at me. I gesture to his phone and he chuckles picking it up.

“Hello?” he smiles at me wrapping his arm around m shoulder as he talks.

“DO NOT HANG UP!” Alice’s voice screeches through the phone and a growl rumbles in my chest. Jasper squeezes his arm tightly around me.

“I know that I’m not someone you want to talk to but I couldn’t get a hold of Edward, the Volturi are coming to check on Bella!” I gasp staring wide eyed at Jasper, his face contorts as he listens.

“They’ll be there in an hour, I have to go.” And just like that the phone went dead. We just stood there for a moment then Jasper takes my hand and speeds off.

Everything has went by in a blur as we raced to tell Edward, we jumped through Bella’s window to catch them in the middle of a kiss.

I gasped as her sent reached me, my eyes darkening and venom running. I stopped breathing and stepped as close to the window as I could get, Jasper gave me a pained look but turned back to Edward.

“The Volturi are…” I got lost as Japer was speaking, all I could think about was Bella, her blood was intoxicating to say the least.

She was staring at Jasper just gaping at him, she didn’t even notice me, who is at the moment the biggest threat to her life.

“Scarlett, your not going to hurt her so stop.” I hear Edward say from across the room, he’s no longer on the bed, now he’s got his phone to his ear and is waving me off.

“Carlisle!” He all but yells into the phone, Jasper returns to my side smiling heavily at me. He strokes my cheek and I lean into his touch.

“Be ready.” Edward finishes turning back towards us, I have a funny feeling that this won’t end well.

**

After running around for the good part of the hour we all assembled in a small clear near the Cullen house, Bella is in the middle me the farthest from her.

Three cloaked figured emerge from the opposite side of the clearing and everyone is tense. As they approach the on in the middle takes back her hood, she’s quiet small with blonde hair tied back into a neat bun, she smiles at Bella and I see Edward become more ridged.

“I see Bella is as invasive as ever.” Her high shrill voice laughs at Bella hides haft-way behind Edward.

“I also see she is still human.” Her tones takes on more of a tisking tone.

“She won’t be for long.” Carlisle reassures her his voice clam and controlled.

The small girl scoffs and another one of them takes off his hood. He winks at Rosalie and I hear Emmett growl, I never noticed but he sounds like a very angry bear. The man laughs but turns his attention to me.

“What do we have here?” he asks nudging the small girl to look towards me.

“This is Jasper’s new mate.” Carlisle gestures towards me.

“Oh yes Alice mentioned her.” The small girl says distastefully waving me off as if I were nothing.

“Oh!” The third and last figure says stepping towards me, we all shift into defensive positions.

“S-Scarlett? My darling!” He says stepping closer, Jasper pushes me behind him. The figure shakes his head and stepping back he removes his hood.

I gasp, my eyes widen, and I stop breathing, Jasper looks back at me for a moment worry written on his face.

“Dad?” I choke out, this is unbelievable, he died when I was ten! Everyone looks at me now, shock can’t even explain there faces. I just stand there, I don’t know how to react, I don’t know. I just don’t know!

“GO!” The small girl shouts and my father disappears just like that, the other two follow him and then we were alone.

“What happens now?” Bella pipes up in a small voice.

Jasper comes to engulf my into a hug and I take it willingly. He just holds me for a minuet then I feel his power seeping into me, I feel a bit better and I compose myself stepping out of he hug but keeping his hand.

“I’m going to the Volturi. I want to know what the hell is going on.” I keep my voice strait and even as I say it even if I feel afraid.

“I’ll be right by your side, no matter where you go.” Jasper whispers to me and I squeeze his hand.

“Hell if it’s a party count me an Rose in!” Emmet yells wrapping his arm around Rosalie’s waste as she rolls her eyes at him, but gives me a small smile.

“I’m staying here with Bella.” Edward nods his head towards me and I understand, I wouldn’t leave Jasper either.

“I’m sorry Scarlett but I have no interest returning to Volterra any time soon.” Carlisle sighs as Esme takes his hand smiling.

“Well I think it’s time that we took another honey moon, Esme Isle hasn’t been visited in awhile.” She winks as Carlisle and Emmett starts gagging.

“It’s settled then.” Carlisle smiles at me.

“Settled.” I agree nodding my head.

I’m going to Volterra.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end folks! Please go check out the sequel to this story!