‹ Prequel: The Connection

Growing Up

Shopaholic

"Laila stop," Liss ordered juggling her phone from one ear to the next as she pushed Logan's carrier through Macy's. Laila decided she needed every single dress on display and continued to pull down each one from their hangers. "Laila Jane, enough."

"Momma, I like these dresses." Laila mused pulling down a flowered sundress four sizes too big.

"I already got you a dress Laila." Liss said taking Laila by the hand. "Sorry Ley, what were you saying?" She asked into her phone as Laila busied herself entertaining her brother.

"Well I was telling you about the tiff Sean and I had a few days ago." Leyna hesitantly explained on the other end.

"Uh-huh, then you freaked out and left the house?" Liss asked picking up a Michael Kors top examining the price tag.

"Yeah and I didn't know what to do..." Leyna explained nervously.

"Well what did you do?" Liss asked taking the top with her to the register.

"Well you weren't here and it was late, and I honestly didn't know where to go..."

"Leyna, where did you go?" Liss asked sternly.

"Matt's place." Leyna timidly answered in fear of Liss' reaction.

"Was Val home?" Liss' skeptical voice asked.

"Not..really."

"Leyna!" Liss exclaimed frightening the young cashier, the elderly woman standing beside her, and Leyna as well. Logan began to stir in his carrier as Laila tried to show him her Barbie cell phone. "Sorry," Liss apologized to the people around her, sticking Logan's pacifier in his mouth. "I cannot believe you." She said in a more calmer tone to Leyna.

"You weren't there I didn't know what to do!" Leyna replied in defense.

"Um, have you heard of this thing called the phone, or maybe Skype?" Liss asked
in frustration handing her credit card over to the cashier.

"I know, I just didn't want to bother you. It seemed right at the time."

"So what happened?" Liss asked as the cashier bagged her top and Laila tried to dump the four dresses she had collected on to the counter. "No, love. Mommy already bought you a dress." Huffing Laila left the dresses alone and busied herself with her mother's purse.

"Well nothing happened, we just talked and he tried to make me feel better." Sighing, Leyna asked, "Why do i feel so awful?"

"Because you shouldn't have gone to your ex-boyfriend as soon as you and your husband got into a fight. Because you didn't even tell Sean where you went." Liss explained. "You didn't tell him right?"

"No."

"Exactly. You know that it's not going to go over well with him when he finds out."

"Why does he have to find out?" Leyna panicked.

"Ley, Sean needs to know. Its not fair for you to run off to Matt and not tell him.
Go talk it out with him, and please remember, call me next time!" Liss said to her friend before saying their goodbyes and hanging up.

"Shoes?" Laila asked looking up at her mother after rummaging in her purse.

"Shoes." Liss nodded in confirmation, thanking the Heavens that her daughter was just as much the shopaholic as she was.

*
After a day of shopping Liss returned home with her children. The house was quiet except for a dull murmur of music coming from downstairs.

"Lai, go wash your hands for dinner." Liss said to her daughter giving her cheek a peck and picking up a sleeping Logan out of his carrier.

"Can I show Daddy my dress?" Laila asked with hopeful eyes.

"As soon as you wash your hands." Liss smiled watching Laila march up the stairs. Liss turned and headed down to the basement to Zacky's home studio. Opening the door she saw her husband messing around with his guitar, headphones on. She placed her hand on his shoulder making him jump in surprise.

"Scared me there babe." He chuckled turning the music off. Liss leaned in and gently kissed his plump lips as he took Logan from her arms. "How was your day out?"

"Good, we got a lot of shopping done." Liss smiled watching Zacky interact with their son.

"You took my little man shopping?" Zacky exclaimed his green eyes widening, "Liss you can't just take him shopping all the time! That's it tomorrow we are watching football and drinking beer."

"Okay one there is nothing wrong with shopping, and two Logan can't comprehend football nor drink beer." She pointed out ghosting her fingers over Logan's small head.

"So, he needs to do more manly things." Zacky insisted.

"Daddy!" Laila's loud shrill came from the top of the stairs, "Come see my new dress!"

"Another dress?" Zacky asked glancing at his wife.

"It's so cute, you're going to love it." Liss gushed making Zacky follow her. Zacky laughed and shook his head walking behind his wife to see his daughter's new dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short
and sorry its been a while.
the 5th commentor gets a role in the next chapter!
please comment ladies :)