Status: complete.

Roots and Wings

Somewhere Far Away

After Damon had his way with Noelle a few more times he finally removed the Iron from her wrists. It took all her self-restraint not to flee or to attack him right then. Instead, she simply clutched her wrists to her chest, not wanting to touch them in fear of irritating the wounds even more.

Damon glanced at her and sighed, biting into his wrist before offering it to her. She stared at the wrist as if it was poison and Damon merely rolled her eyes. “It’ll help,” he grumbled. “Go on, drink.”

Hesitantly, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his open wound. It wasn’t like the blood of a rabbit…or of that despicable hunter she had murdered so many years before. It tasted different. Sweet, tangy. She suckled at his wound like an infant at a mother’s breast, and watched in wonder as her wrists grew new skin and faded to angry red lines.

She pulled away, wiping the blood from her lips. “Thanks,” she muttered, before standing and grabbing the scattered remains of her clothes. She sighed, pulling the shorts she had been wearing on and then looking at Damon pointedly before stealing the button up he had been previously wearing. “You probably won’t get this back.”

Damon shrugged, pouring himself a glass of whiskey and taking a sip out of it. “You can now report back to Lexi with success. I’ll leave Stefan alone…for a little bit longer.” He grinned deviously before winking at her.

“Right,” she muttered before making her way to the door.

“Oh and kitten?” Damon called and she glanced behind her seeing the playful glint in his eyes disappear and for a moment she was afraid. “Don’t let me catch you nosing around my business again. I won’t play so nice next time.”

Noelle shuddered before practically sprinting out the door. She wanted to turn back around and rip his chest out but the stench of the Iron in the air and the feel of it still lingering along her skin had worn her down and for now…she needed to feed. She made her way to the small tropical forestry behind his house.

She stripped her clothes relishing in the feel of fur bursting through her skin. She landed on all fours then, her snout extending, her teeth growing. Finally the panther was free and she was able to feed.

[centerImage

Noelle entered her home then and wasn’t surprised to find Katherine sitting in her armchair, waiting for her. “Oh, good, you’re alive,” Katherine said with a small vindictive smile. “I was almost worried.”

Scowling, Noelle headed upstairs, wiping the blood from her mouth and then washing her hands before she put on new, fresh clothes. Katherine had followed her, not saying a word until Noelle turned to face her while pulling her hair back.

“Well?”

“Your boy almost killed me,” Noelle growled, her eyes flashing and she wished that Katherine could feel fear.

“But clearly he didn’t. You’re here now, aren’t you?”

“You’re right, I’m here now. Thank you for all your training, because it may have saved my life,” Noelle said, grabbing a duffle bag under her bed and strapping it over her shoulder. “That being said, I think I’ve paid my debt to you. So I really expect to never hear from you again.”

Katherine chuckled. “You can’t be serious, little thing,” she said sweetly.

“Oh but I am,” Noelle growled, turning to face Katherine. Katherine was standing now, so close that Noelle could smell the blood from her latest kill. “I’m a lot more dangerous than you think, Katherine. I’ve only held back out of respect to you for saving my life numerous occasions. But putting me in the hands of this sadistic bastard was the lowest thing you could’ve done to me. He did things to me that even the man in that cabin wouldn’t have done,” she hissed. “If I here from you again, I will turn and I will rip your head off.”

Katherine did not speak but merely swallowed thickly and watched as Noelle headed out the door. Before she left however, she stopped with her hand on the door and called to Katherine. “Your secret is safe, by the way. He thinks you’re still locked in that church. But I think it won’t be too long to figure out that you’re not.”

Then Noelle left and headed somewhere a panther could thrive. Somewhere very far from California.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, this story is now complete. I'm not really sure if this is the best ending I could've given it but I know that I wanted to stay true to the television series and Noelle obviously wasn't a part of Damon's life then. So hopefully, you enjoyed this. :)