Status: complete.

Roots and Wings

Clever Meals

Damon hated that restless feeling he got when a female pinched his nerves. He especially hated that feeling when it came with an attractive female. Katherine always knew how to push his buttons until he was ready to snap, but then again, Damon hadn’t been so rough back then. The thing that annoyed him was that that girl, that annoyingly attractive girl in the grocery store hadn’t swooned at his invitation to be with him.

Even those who weren’t interested in men would love to spend a few moments alone with him. And why hadn’t she? What was wrong with her? But then again, every one who he had ever taken had been pushed, even the slightest bit. Some didn’t even need that push.

He had tried with Noelle, but it hadn’t worked. And really, the only reason compulsion didn’t work was because of vervain, or the fact that they were a vampire. Noelle wasn’t a vampire, he would’ve noticed right away. So vervain had to be the answer.

And if she had taken vervain than she knew about vampires. Or someone had slipped her it, knowing about vampires. Damon pressed his palm against his forehead; the back room was cold and giving him a headache. Plus that cashier hadn’t been that delicious, at least not after craving Noelle.

He had a sudden determination to find her and take her. In several different ways. He tapped his fingers against his temples before standing and walking out of the back room. He glanced back at the dead girl, tilting his head, as he made sure it looked like a random killing instead of an animal attack. That wouldn’t make much sense in a grocery store.

Before leaving he shoved over the aisles of cash registers with a single blow, giving it the appearance of a robbery, as well as taking out one of the glass doors. Now he just needed to find that girl. And get some answers out of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and crappy, but I just wanted to give you guys a brief look into our dear Damon's head.