Status: Up and Running

Living Life in a Downward Spiral

Chapter 16

Image

"Go away, Landon." I mumbled, trying to avoid him.

"I don't see why I would do that, seeing as this is my party." He sneered as I looked at him with wide eyes.

What the hell?!

I shook my head as I started to head for the door. I would walk home, for all I care.

"Now where have your manners gone?" He asked, grabbing my arm, preventing me from going anywhere.

"I just want to leave." My voice sounding more pleading than I liked.

"Aw, but we have so much to catch up on." He fake pouted.

"Just let me go, Landon." I said, trying to pull away from his grasp.

He pulled me close to him, leaning down to my ear. "You still owe me something. I don't like being kept waiting, Baby. It's not very nice."

"I don't owe you shit!" I yelled, pulling out of his grasp. "You're the one that told me to just smoke the shit. It was just weed, Landon. Nothing special."

"No, but you were supposed to give me something with it." He hissed, quickly losing his temper. Before anything else was said, he was pulling me towards the back room of his house. I already knew what was back there, and I didn't want to go. But no one paid any mind that I was being forced to go with him. Bunch of idiots...

When we were in the room, he threw me on the couch and locked the door behind him. "Now, we can do this the easy way." He pulled a lighter and a cigarette out of his pocket. "Or the hard way."

"What do you mean?" I stammered out.

He cocked his head to the side, narrowing his eyes and smirking. "Don't play stupid, Sweetie. It doesn't suit you." He straddled me on the couch, holding my hands in a tight grip, while he let the cigarette burn. "So, are you going to pay? I know money isn't an issue with your family."

"It isn't with yours either." I spat.

He tskd, shaking his head. "Shouldn't have done that." He slowly lowered the cigarette until it was burning against the skin of my thigh. I screamed in pain as he held me tighter. "Now, are we going to start cooperating?"

"Go to hell!" I yelled, before freeing my knee enough to hit him in the groin. He doubled over in pain, giving me a chance to make a run for it.

Unfortunately, I only made it half way down the hall, before he tackled me. He dug his knee into the burn he had just given me and I cried out in pain. But I wasn't going to give up without a fight.

At some point I had rolled over so I was on top of him, having the upper hand. That didn't last very long... "What's going on?!" A random guy from the party asked upon seeing us.

"She's crazy, Dude! She's trying to kill me!" Landon pulled the victim card. The guy looked from me to Landon with a confused look on his face. "Don't just stand there! Get her off of me!"

When the guy went to make a move towards me, I scrambled up, pressing against the wall. I saw an opening and darted past him. "Grab her!" I heard Landon yell, and a random hand grabbed me.

The music had been shut off, and we suddenly became the center of attention. "You little bitch." Landon hissed, getting in my face.

"Can I help you?" I heard Greg hiss. I looked up to see him and Sarah had made their way through the crowd. I gave Sarah a hurt look, and she returned it with a sad one.

"This doesn't involve you, Greg." Landon growled, keeping a tight hold on me.

"It does, seeing as she's my cousin."

Something flashed in Landon's eyes, but I couldn't tell what. "Yeah, well, did you know your cousin's a murderer?" There were gasps all around as he just smirked.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Greg hissed, ready to punch Landon.

"Oh, please. You don't really think that it was just an accident that she hit him with her car, do you? She just tried to kill me right now!" He looked towards the other guy for back up. He just stood there, not knowing what to say.

Greg gave me a questioning look, but I just shook my head as I tried to hold back the tears. The numbness in my leg was starting to go away, and I was quickly starting to feel the pain.

"I seriously don't know what you're on, Landon, but you better let her go. Now." Greg was sticking up for me, knowing the truth behind the accident.

When Landon didn't loosen his grip, Greg lunged at him. This just started an all out fight. Glass was breaking, people were throwing random punches, the whole house was getting torn up. Suddenly, sirens broke through that mass hysteria.

"Stef!" Greg's yelling caught my attention. "Run! Get home!" I was still frozen in my place. "Now!" With that final shout, I was running.

I knew which back streets to take to make sure not to run into the cops. If they saw me running, they would be suspicious.

Out of nowhere, I heard my name being called. "Stefanie!" I had slowed down to a walk now, so I turned to look at the car that was slowly creeping next to me. But it was yet another person that I didn't want to see right now. "Stef!" He had stopped the car and ran over to me now. "Why are you walking out here by yourself? It's dark and late!" I shrugged him off and continued to ignore him.

"Stefanie Baker." He said my name with authority and I almost laughed in his face.

"What do you care anyways? You walked out on your family weeks ago." I said in a monotone voice.

"Zacky? Is everything ok?" I heard a female voice ask from the car. I glared at the woman who couldn't possibly be even ten years older than me. Then I turned my glare back to Dad.

"Let's get you home." He said softly.

"I don't need you." I mumbled, turning and walking away.

Of course he wouldn't have any of this, though. "I'm not letting you walk around here." He picked me up and set me in the back seat, setting the child lock. I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring out the window.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Part one! I almost put it all together, but it was becoming too long.