Status: Up and Running

Living Life in a Downward Spiral

Chapter 7

Image

*Zack's P.O.V.*

Gena and I had gotten into yet another fight, but stopped when we heard yelling. "Stef!"

"That was Deen." Gena said, looking worried. We both ran out of the room and down stairs. The back door was open, so we figured he ran out there.

"What's wrong?" I asked, running up to him.

"One second she was just sitting there, then the next, she wasn't!" He said, panicking. "The wave took her out! I can't see her!"

"Gena, call the guys. Come on, Deen. Let's find her." I said, grabbing his arm and running towards the water.

She knows she isn't supposed to be out here this late, so why the hell did she do it?!

He suddenly stopped, and looked towards the rocks. "You don't think..." He cut himself off as he gazed at me with watering eyes.

I took off towards the rocks, praying that he wasn't right. When we got there, sure enough, she was there. "Stef!" I called out as I walked carefully on the rocks. She wasn't conscious when I got to her. "Come on, Baby." I said softly, trying to get her up. Deen had to help me though.

I carried her back to the sand, and everyone was already here. We all lived within a few blocks of each other, all on the beach.

"What the hell happened?!" Brian asked, kneeling down next to Stef as I set her down.

"Come on, Baby, breathe." Jimmy said, doing CPR on her. "Breathe, dammit!" He said, starting to panic. A few seconds later, she started to cough up water. He turned her on her side so she didn't choke on it. "That's a girl." He said, stroking her hair.

While he made sure she got all the water out of her, I checked the rest of her. The whole left side of her body was tore up from being dragged on parts of the sand and into the rocks.

"Let's get her inside." Jimmy said, picking her up and cradling her head to his chest.

Deen continued to stare at her. He was so shaken up. "Come on, Kid." Matt said, putting his arm around his shoulders.

"Is she ok?" Gena asked, on the brink of hysterics.

"I don't know." I sighed, as I followed Jimmy into the house.

We took her upstairs to the bathroom and put her in the tub. I put the water on luke warm, not wanting to burn her, and got a cup to pour the water over her. She hissed at the sudden sting against the cuts and sand burns.

"Shh, it's ok." I said, stroking her hair as I continued to wash as much sand off of her as I could.

"Here, it might be easier if we do it." Gena said, kicking us out of the bathroom as her and Leana took over.

I leaned against the wall with my head in my hands. "What happened, Zack?" Jimmy asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know. Gee and I were up in our room when we heard Deen start to scream Stef's name."

He nodded. "Let's go check on him."

We walked down stairs and found everyone in the living room. Val was on the couch with Deen, trying to calm him down. "How is she?" He asked, his voice breaking slightly.

"Mom's getting her fixed up right now." I said, rubbing his shoulder.

"I should have made her come in." He said, shaking his head as he looked at the floor.

"You can't blame yourself for this, Deen." Val said.

But no matter what, I knew he would. In all reality, I was the one that was at fault. I'm the one that's supposed to protect my Baby Girl... I've been doing a pretty shitty job of that, lately.

*Stef's P.O.V.*

After Mom and Aunt Leana helped me get clean, Mom handed me something loose and comfortable. But, before I could get dressed, they cleaned up the cuts that were on my abdomen and wrapped them.

"We'll get the others after you get dressed." Mom said, kissing my forehead, before leaving.

I slowly got dressed, biting my lip from the pain. When I was done, I walked out and found Mom and Aunt Leana waiting. "Come on, Sweetie." Aunt Lee said, helping me down the stairs.

Deen was the first one to get to me. "Don't ever fucking do that to me again!" He said, pulling me into his arms. I hissed at the pain. He pulled back, looking at me with a worried expression.

"It's fine, just a bit sore still." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"Let's finish getting you wrapped up." Uncle Jimmy said, taking me over to the couch.

"How's your head?" Uncle Johnny asked, trying to keep my mind off of the pain.

"It hurts." My voice was scratchy and my lungs still burned from all of the salt water that I had taken in. But the throbbing pain in my head was much worse.

"Her head's bleeding too, guys." He said, sighing.

I was a bit in and out of it as they patched me up. "Are you sure we shouldn't take her to the ER?" Aunt Val asked.

"We'll see how she does these next few hours, then decided." Dad said, putting the last bandage around my ankle.

"Here, take this and put the ice pack on your head." Uncle Brian said, handing me some pills and water. I gladly took them, then put the ice pack on my head like his said.

I wanted to lay down and fall asleep, but they apparently had other ideas. "No, Sweetie, you gotta stay awake." Uncle Jimmy said when he saw me starting to close my eyes.

"Why?" I groaned.

"Just in case you have a concussion. We don't want you to fall into a coma."

"But I'm so tired." I mumbled.

"Nope, come on." I felt a cold wash clothe being pressed to my eyes and the rest of my face.

"Stop." I grumbled, trying to push it away.

"Only if you keep your eyes open." Uncle Jimmy said. By the tone in his voice, I knew I didn't have a choice in the matter.

"Keep talking to us, it'll help you stay awake." Dad said, sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"Like what?"

"Well, how about why were you out there when you know you aren't supposed to be out that late."

I looked down at my hands. "I wanted to clear my mind."

"And it couldn't wait until tomorrow?" I shook my head. "Why not?"

"Because you and Mom were fighting." I mumbled, looking up at Mom. She had a sad look in her eyes. "I don't like when you guys fight."

He sighed. "I'm sorry you heard us, but that's still no reason to go out that late."

I felt my eyes starting to tear up. Can I never do anything right?

"I'm sorry." I whispered, not trusting my voice.

"We're just glad you're ok." Aunt Leana said, wrapping her arm around me gently and kissing the top of my head.

Thank you, Aunt Leana. Always to the rescue.

But can she save me from myself?
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at the amazing banner Musicmylife22 made me! :) I loves it!

Ok, I'm starting to get frustrated with some things, and a lot is going on right now. Plus, I'll be going to Cali for a month at the end of next week. So, updates may be really irregular, but please stick with me! It seems like you guys are the only support system I have right now. Kinda sad, I know. But, thanks for comment, subscribing and reading!