Status: Working on it

A Solar Eclipse Only Happens With a New Moon

Blood and Food

Chapter 17

Emily stepped behind Embrey and smacked him with a spoon.

" What was that for!" he growled.

" Stop staring" she said.

" Its not just me!' he protested.

' You where the closest" she said.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling. Emily came towards me. I saw the scar going down her face but I looked away from it.

" You must be Alexa, I'm Emily," she said and took my hand. I let go of Jacob's hand as she led my towards the kitchen, I saw Sam stiffen a bit, I rolled my eyes.

" Don't mind them" said Emily.

I smiled, ' I can't blame them, I am a vampire after all" I said.

She smiled at me " Your no different" she said.

" Thanks, I really like your eyes there so pretty! I wish I had beautiful eyes like that" I said.

She smiled and began cooking. " Need any help?" I asked. " Can you cook?" she asked.

" For a vampire I can cook pretty well, pancakes are my specialty!" I said.

" Pancakes!" yelled Seth.

" Well lets get baking". We both began to bake a lot of food.

" Whats it like being a vampire?" asked Emily.

" Its different being able to see the smallest things, running fast and all that stuff but I have been having some vampire problems" I admitted.

" Like what?" she asked.

" Well there is this vampire out to get me and hes using some power of his to slowly change me back to human, like I am not as cold, I can blush, I can sleep, and cry!" I said and sighed.

She held my hand and said everything will be fine. We served the food and everyone began to eat. I was starting to drool just looking at the pancakes and without thinking I picked one up and started eating, it tasted good haven't had one in a while. I realized what was happening and I slowly lifted the pancake back down, while everyone stared at me.

I looked at Jacob and he gave me an 'its okay look'. I felt more hungry so I ate the rest of the pancake. I began to quickly cut the rest of the potatoes for Emily to cook when I cut myself and it began to bleed.

" Shit ouch!" I said and ran towards the sink. Jacob was at my side in no time.

I started washing out the cut. " Are you okay?" he asked I nodded my head.

" I thought you were a leech?" asked Paul. " I am!" I said a little more attitude then I meant. Tears started sliding down my face. I am so confused.

" I'm sorry" I said and ran outside onto the porch. I sat down and looked at my finger as it bleed, I didn't want to lick it just in case I go overboard. I held it from my face and stopped breathing.

" Here let me" said Jake. He sat beside me and washed the cut with a wet cloth and put a band-aid, he then burned the cloth and I began to breath again.

" I'm sorry Jake, I'm just a little upset, confused and freaked out" I said as he hugged me. " Its okay Alexa just come inside" he said.

" I feel like a freak" I said. " Your saying that to a werewolf remember" I laughed. I kissed Jake lightly on the lips, I love the way they felt.

He took my hand and led me back inside, he took me to his seat and he sat me on his lap. " Ohhhh la la" said Seth. I laughed and threw an apple at him which he easily caught and put back. " Eat it its good for you!" I said. Seth laughed.

" Alexa?" said Paul. I looked towards him. " Sorry" he muttered. "Its okay, and I am a Vampire, but even vampires get problems" I said. Jacob held my hand and I smiled, maybe this isn't so bad.