Status: Acitve! <3

Green Eyes, Blue Skies

This Is A Social Scene Anyway.

"The first day of school's always the worst." Shaant thought as he slumped in his chair. He looked around the half-empty classroom, and didn't see anyone he really talked to. Yet. He had woken up late, and hurried to school unable to look for his friends and talk before class. He didn't want to be late…at least not on the first day.
He closed his eyes, but was jolted awake by the sudden ring of the late bell. "Ahh, dammit." Looking around the room once more, Shaant noticed his ex-girlfriend, Victoria. He rolled his eyes and continued to look around. Things were pretty bad between Shaant and Victoria, and he just wanted to forget all about her, just like she did him.
* * *
Allie took her seat in the back left corner of her math class. There were approximately 10 minutes before the 7:30AM bell rang, and she said goodbye to her friends a bit early to make sure she could find the class-and get a decent seat.
"Hey, Jess, over here!" She saw her best friend Jessica walk into the class and quickly pointed at the seat next to her.
"Hello! Do you have any idea who else is with us?" Jess turned so she was fully facing Allie.
"There's also Jake and May…that I know of for sure." Allie counted off the friends on her fingers and looked back at her brunette friend.
"Not so bad. Ugh," she laid her head on her desk; "I got absolutely no sleep last night." Allie chuckled and checked the clock. The first day would either go unbelievably fast or unbearably slow.
* * *
"Well for the first class of the first day, it went pretty quick," one of Shaant's friends, Jeff, was talking to him as they left the class.
"Speak for yourself…" he mumbled, glancing over at his ex hurrying out of the class to (at least he thought) her boyfriend. "Nobody needs to ask you about your name. It's not that hard! Shawn, with a "t". Shaant Hacikyan. Ha-see-key-an, or even Ha-chee-key-an. Not Hack-ick-hee-an." He went through this every year at the start of the year.
"Yeah well you're complicated. What did you think of the class so far?" He turned and focused his attention on Jeff again.
"Okay I guess. There are a few people we know in there…the teacher seems alright too." They walked down the hall, trying to avoid lost freshmen and crowds of friends.
***
"Notes on the first day! Can you believe that!" Allie wasn't really paying attention to much of what her friends were saying. She just really couldn't wait for the day to be over with.
She checked her schedule, "Do you have English next?" Jess shook her head.
"I do! Who's your teacher? Mine's Staft." Jake appeared next to Allie.
"Yeah! Do you know anyone else in that class?" She stared at him as he loked up, then back at her, "I'm pretty sure we've got Kyle. Other people we know, of course-"
"But not on a close friend basis?" He shook his head and blonde hair fell into his slate gray eyes. Allie had always loved his hair and eye combination.
"Ah, guys, I gotta head to the otehr end of the hall. I've got history in 219." Jess said.
"Damn, so we can't walk together! I guess Jake and I'll be walking together; May had to run down the the gym."
They said their goodbyes, and Allie walked quickly alongside Jake on their way to their English class. On the way they ran into Kyle, who still seemed sleepy. When asked if he knew anybody, he shook his head.
"Nobody but us three."
"What about Gabby?" Allie asked puzzled.
"I heard from Alex that she had her schedule changed." Kyle shrugged.
"Ah, that sucks. It's been forever since I saw Alex! He went away for the summer, didn't he?"
"Yeah but he's back." She nodded. None of them were too close to Alex, except Kyle, because he moved here in the last 1 1/2 months of school.
"So what exactly did you do all summer?" They swapped summer stories and continued to talk once they got to their class.
* * *
The late bell rang, and Shaant walked in with Jeff and Dave. They took their seats in the very back of the calss, and continued to talk about classes.
"Chemistry seems okay so far; or at lease in my opinion. I just can't wait for next period!" Jeff exclaimed.
"Why not?"
Shaant laughed, "He's a band geek."
"You're just jealous! I love it!" Once their English teacher, Mrs. Staft got her things in order, they stopped talking and turned to the front.
They just started going over course expectation, when Shaant began to fall asleep. "It's only course requirements," he thought as he tried to hide his yawn, "nothing special ever happens first day."
For the second time that morning, he was startled awake. Dave jabbed him in the ribs, and Shaant glared at his friend. The period had just started, and he wished it were over.
He looked around the room, recognizing some of the sleepy faces. Next period was his lunch period and he couldn't wait to see everyone...and eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just getting into the story. Not much happens in this, I know, but it's a "warm-up". Haha. I just didn't wanna make this too long, soooo chapters 2 and 3 might start stuff off.