Status: Acitve! <3

Green Eyes, Blue Skies

What's A Crush To Do?

"Well he's quite a guy." Allie thought to herself laughing. She thought he was a really nice guy, for just having met him not long ago. Starting the year off with new friends was great in her mind, and even her classes didn't seem as bad as she thought they would be. And the fact that there were cute guys to talk to was just a plus.
But her mind quickly switched gears as she entered the music wing. She caught up to her friend Kyle and talked and laughed with him on the way to orchestra. Now Kyle was a bassist, while Allie played cello. He was tall and skinny, about 6'1'' with a relatively small body for a guy, and the fact that he was a bassist amused a few people, including their teacher. They always complained together about the "diva" violinists, and how they rarely got parts as cool as them. She had other friends in orchestra, but her and Kyle had a tradition of walking together to class, being their own divas seeing as how they were the only ones in their small group of friends that played lower strings.
"Alright, so tell me, how has your day been going?" He asked her, stretching out his arms.
She thought for a few seconds about that, "Honestly, pretty good, I guess. Last class was pretty decent," she smiled, thinking about Shaant, "but I just couldn't wait for this class. I'd much rather be playing music than sitting in history. The only downside to today was the weather. I wore a skirt for God's sake! It blows."
Kyle hugged her in response, "Aw. You look good though, so don't worry. Oh! Did you hear about the party this weekend? I can find out details later, but apparently someone's already throwing the first house party of the year. Crazy, right? Do you think you'll go?"
"Haha, thanks. But a party, really? I'm not sure, maybe. I might have things to do this weekend so I have to check and once you get me details I'll probably know for sure. Are you thinking of going?"
"Yeah, I think it'll be a good way to kick off the start of the year."
Allie rolled her eyes, "Partying? You can tell that you're a good student."
"Hey," he pretended to be offended, "I work hard, you know that."
"You do, I have to give you credit. Oh shit, do we really have a sub already?" They walked into the room to see someone else instead of their teacher sitting in front of the students setting up. They shared a look of dismay, and walked to their own seats, knowing that nobody would take the substitute seriously.

"So I'll see you later Allie! And are you sure you don't want a ride home?" Kyle called to her as he went to walk up the stairs.
"I'm sure Kyle, it's fine. Thank you though, maybe tomorrow though. But I can't today."
He shrugged, "Text me if you change your mind." Allie continued on down the hall to her next class. The party this weekend was still on her mind, but she was thinking she wasn't going to end up going. There were two more days to consider her options, she figured.
Once she got to class, she sat right down in her seat, totally oblivious to Shaant, who was already sitting there looking quite bored. Her eyebrows were scrunched together as she sat deep in thought at the possibilities of the weekend, and the next week. She couldn't remember if the plan to visit her cousins were that weekend, or the next. If it was on this weekend that meant that it was her grandfather's birthday celebration. But, that also meant that her parents were going to drive down and bring him up for the week.
"I'm pretty sure it's next week…if it is, I'm sure that if I don't want to go to the party I can find other, better things to do." She thought. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy going out with friends to typical high school parties, but it seemed ridiculous to her to have one after the first. She just didn't agree with that thinking, and thought people needed to start getting used to school again before doing anything like that.
"Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?"
She was pulled out of her thoughts by Shaant, and looked at him slightly surprised, "Oh, of course." She smiled at him, who returned the smile. He watched her rummage through her bag for her pencil case and smiled one again when she passed him a perfect number two pencil.
"Thanks."
"No problem." She shrugged, and was about to say something until his dark-haired friend next to him stole his attention.
"Aren't you cold?" Allie turned herself towards Jess, who had just walked in as the late bell rang and dropped her stuff on the table.
Allie shrugged, "Sort of. But it's not a big deal as long as it lightens up before later on tonight. Jack and June have soccer practice. And it should most definitely lighten up before school lets out; I don't want to have to run through the rain to get to my bus." Her friend nodded in agreement.
"Oh, I forgot there was going to be a sub. Do you think we're going to have work anyway?"
"Of course."
"Damn." Allie rolled her eyes as the same substitute from the previous period entered the classroom, about a minute or so late.
"Who's that?" Shaant leaned over towards her to ask, without really turning at all.
"The sub. Our teacher isn't here today, and she was the sub last period for her, so it's only fitting she's here too." He nodded, and they were quiet the rest of the period, minus a few comments made here and there. She wanted to talk to him, really have an actual conversation again, but figured he probably didn't want to talk to her a lot since he had other friends to talk to now. It sort of hurt her a bit, but not enough to really make her upset. However, she just couldn't shake the desire to talk to him again, and she'd steal sideways glances at him, wondering if he were really the cool guy that she got the impression he was.
* * *
Shaant was mentally kicking himself since the beginning of theory. "'Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?' You couldn't actually try talking to her again?" As badly as he wanted to talk to her again with a cool casualness he just seemed to have gotten nervous once her saw her again. Then again, he was calling himself ridiculous for it. Shaant was getting too hung up, way too fast. If he wanted things to work out in his favor, he would have to have patience and take things slow. Otherwise, it would be just like other times before.
"Here's your pencil." Everyone was packing things away, and Shaant held out the borrowed writing utensil for Allie to take back.
"Thanks." She said quietly. He didn't notice her lack of eye contact.
"Yup. Hey, do you want to walk to class together again? We're both going the same way…" He said sort of rushing. Nervous wasn't something he was used to, but he was trying hard not to mess up anything at all. She looked at him, very surprised and puzzled, but then she started to smile.
"Alright, sure. I enjoy having you be my escort to class. Will you come with me the whole way this time, or should I expect someone else to steal you away?"
He chuckled, "I'm pretty sure we can go the whole way together."
"That's good. I'd like that." He grinned at that, knowing he most definitely liked the idea as well.
But then she turned away from him, to a tap from a friend standing behind her. She got up and ended up walking away to another table with other friends gathered around it. Once he turned back around to face Jeff and Maria, he noticed that they were both looking at him; Jeff shaking his head and laughing, while Maria was raising her eyebrows.
"What?" Shaant felt clueless. What had he done that was so comical?
"Dude, I knew it."
"Knew what?" He looked from Jeff to Maria and back.
"Just be careful this time, ok? I knew that you'd be trying hard to impress her ever since I saw you give up your seat by us to sit by her in history." He felt his face start to blush red.
"I'm not trying to do anything. And she didn't have anyone else near her so I figured I might as well since we have a few other classes together. She's a really nice girl."
Maria pinched his cheek, "Aw Shaant, that's so cute. But you can't walk her to class."
Now he was even more confused than before, "And why's that?"
"Remember? You said you had to go visit a teacher about something before they left. The latest is 5th period. You need to go now." He mentally cursed. Maybe he could try for her number.
"No, it's not time yet, I have to play it slow, start at friends and work my way up. It's only my second day knowing her. Everything will play out the way it should." He thought, trying to force himself not to be his usual self.
But the bell rang, and shot him a look, then looked to the clock, while Jeff just raised his eyebrows and grimaced, "You gotta do what you gotta do, y'know?" Shaant just nodded, and looked over at Allie, who was standing by the door already, waiting for him.
"Damn." He thought, reluctantly walking over there.
"Hey, I actually…can't walk with you right now. I need to see a teacher about something…" Her smile began to fade, but she shook her head and forced it back on.
"Don't worry, we'll get a different chance. It's fine. I'll see you later." She shot him a toothy smile and turned to walk down the hall, alone. He hated that he couldn't go with her, but if he didn't see this teacher now then it would end up meaning he got a late on his summer homework, and that's not something he wanted if he really did it. Even though he didn't walk with her, and he didn't get her number, and he didn't flirt openly, he was satisfied. He could feel that she would end up taking time, and that's what he knew would be best.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry to the loyal readers and commenters; school started up and it's hell trying to type out all of my ideas, and finding time to do it. Updates will come slower, but my hope is a chapter for each story a week. So I just made a super long chapter, but I wasn't sure about adding his POV in with it, but decided to since it's been a while.
Check out my other stories?
Let me know once more what you think! :]
Thanks to everyone who comments/subscribes.