Status: I have not abandoned this story!

A Thousand Feet Per Second

The Letter

‘Ginger Madelyne.

Oh, you have such a beautiful name. As did I. You are just as beautiful and special as your name. As was I.

There are so many things I wish to that I could tell you. That’s why there are so many scribbles and black spots over this paper. I can’t decide what to and what not to tell you.

I’ll start with you. Ginger, no matter how much we fought and bickered, I know that we always loved each other unconditionally just as sisters do. I just realized that you were probably my best friend in the whole wide world. I guess my best friend lived on the other side of the wall from me for fifteen years, who would have thought it.

I want you to know that none of this was your fault in the slightest. I was just unhappy. And not just with one certain person or one certain group, I was simply unhappy with the world itself. I believe that by doing this I will be making my world a happier one.

Maybe that’s wrong, but maybe it’s right. That’s not for anyone to decide, is it?

Make sure you are the one to tell Emmett. Break it to him gently. Please tell him that I love him and I’m sorry when you tell him. His letter is in your envelope as well. Save it for when you think he’s old enough. I don’t want to scar the poor kid anymore than he will be from this.

One last thing. Everything on the back of that pendant is true, Ginger. You and I will one day play our guitars as you dance and I sing for the world to see.

So, until then, I guess this is goodbye to you, my sister.

Love always,

Emma Marie

P.S. Ta-Mah-Toes are the same as To-May-Toes just as Pa-Tah-Toes are the same as Po-Tay-Toes. Just like we decided before we were “double digits”, remember, Ginger?’
♠ ♠ ♠
just thought I would let you read what Emma wrote.