Status: Finished!

Crashing Down

Chapter 1

I stared around in disbelief. I mean this couldn’t be happening, could it? Maybe it’s all just a nightmare. It could all be over soon and things will go back to normal. Could just one day really change everything this much?

When I woke up that morning the sun was shining bright. It felt like an ordinary day, same as always. As I headed to the shower I hear mom and dad yell good morning and bye to me as they headed for work. I got dressed and headed outside to wait for my best friend, Laura. A few minutes later she pulled up in her car. I hopped in and we were off to pick up May.

Soon we were at school, and my friends and I were goofing off in class like always. We got close to getting detention……again. That was just another part of my life, but I’m not complaining or saying my life was perfect though. I had troubles like other people, but still I loved my life. I would never have changed a single thing about it.

Though, when I got to our lunch table that day I found Laura crying by herself. I rushed to her side and found her phone by the ground. She must have started crying and it had slipped from her hand or something. I just picked it up and sat beside her concerned.

“Laura, what happened?” I asked.

“My mom called me a couple minutes ago and told me we were moving the day after tomorrow. He company just promoted her to a new company in Washington D. C. today, and so today has basically just become my last day. I don’t want to go Jamie.” She cried into my shoulder.

“What, but couldn’t you talk to your dad. I mean maybe he can change her mind, and you can stay.” I suggested.

“No, my dad left us just last night. He said he couldn’t stand being with my mother another day.” She said bursting into more tears.

“Why didn’t you tell me? I’m so sorry.” I said hugging her.

“I guess I believed he was kidding and would come back.” She whispered.

After lunch the rest of our day was filled with last hugs, goodbyes, and tears. I had known Laura all my life and I didn’t know how I was going to make it without her. I mean who else could stop me and May’s stupidity. I figured the most I could hope for was that a few states wouldn’t ruin our friendship. I didn’t want to lose her. As she dropped me off later she told me to tell will goodbye for her.

That reminder brightened up my day the slights, because I had forgotten Will, my older brother, was coming home from college today. Quickly I headed into the house, but as soon as I was inside I could tell something was off. All the lights seemed to be off in the house except for the kitchen. As I got closer to it I could hear what sounded like crying. When I entered I saw mom clinging to dad. She was the one who was crying.

“Jamie, honey, sit down. Your mother and I have something we need to talk to you about.” He started.

“Dad, what’s going on? Where’s Will?” I asked refusing to move from where I stood.

“He’s………Honey he’s not coming home. The police came by an hour ago and told us he was dead. I’m sorry Jamie, but someone murdered him on his way home.” My dad whispered.

I couldn’t breathe. Will was murdered. My brother was dead, and Laura was moving far away. I felt my legs give out on me as my world faded to black.

When I woke up I was laying down in my bed. At first I thought it was just a nightmare I had, but then I felt the bump on my head form when I fainted. I started to cry, but I didn’t know why. Was it because my best friend was leaving me so far away? Was it for my loving, silly, over protective older brother who was now dead? Or was it because it felt like everything I held dear was going to shambles? My world was completely upside down as if everything I had feared was waiting to become reality and today had just started things off. It felt like I was about to start living in my own personal hell. I lay still in the darkness that surrounded me. As I looked to the sky it looked exactly how I felt, empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this probably wasn't the best, but i tried. i hoped you liked it at least.