Status: PLEASE NOTE--THIS WAS "THAT SUMMER" BUT I'M REWRITING IT...PLEASE KEEP WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT I PROMISE!!! :D

Memories That Fade Like Photographs;

two;

I looked down at my chipped blue nail polish as I was sitting in the cold, stiff school desk. This day couldn't be going any worse. You know how in movies, they always say high school is only cliques and groupies? Well in freshman year, you only see it beginning. If you don't know where you are, like me, you better figure out before you're a sophomore.

Sophomore year is supposed to be a breeze. You're used to the school, there isn't finals to worry about yet, and You always have your best friend by your side. Well, most of us anyway...

"Katie McCade...? Your homework please?" I snapped back to reality when the teacher spoke in her annoying little Texas accent as she was standing by my desk.

"Oh yeah, sorry." I said as I handed her the paper. She smirked at me. She was so close to me I could see all her wrinkles deep in her face from all the fake tanning. Her eyeliner was done really bad and her teeth were yellowing. Prom queen beauty is all fake...and it doesn't last forever.

From across the room I saw Jennifer smirk and look at her best follower as they snickered together and pulled out their phones to text. It didn't really bug me what people thought anymore. Life is just another thing people choose to waste...but not me. Everything I've been through has taught me to live for whatever I can, and forget the rest.

"Thanks, sweetie." She smiled as she walked back to her desk, flaunting her hips in that tight-ass skirt. All the teachers were being nice to me this year because of last summer. I just wish they would treat me normal...to help me get over it.

Eventually the bell rang and I slowly made my way out of the classroom. I made my way down the crowded hallways as best as I could. It was like an obstacle course. Someone stops, go left, people are too slow, move right, you turn wrong, go the other way. No one cares about anyone else trying not to be late, they'll stop right in front of you anyways.

Thank god for lunch, most people would say. But not me. Standing in the lunch line to pay, I glanced down at my lonely apple and chocolate milk. I was hardly ever very hungry anymore. After giving the lady my money, I made my way into the crowded cafeteria and glanced around at the tables.

"Sorry, no room" They would say. Or maybe "not for you". Sometimes it was "Seat taken hun". So I gave up trying. When Anna was here with me last year, we had so many friends we could sit basically anywhere. But this year I was by myself. No friends at all.

I went to the outside tables that were all full, and sat down on the ledge, away from everyone else. They wouldn't make a big deal about me sitting here, because no one talks to the weird-girl-who's-best-friend-committed-suicide. I guess that was my 'nickname' this year because I always heard people talking and whispering and pointing when I walk by.

I was the depressed girl, the one who might commit suicide herself. They even put me in therapy because I didn't eat, sleep, or do anything anymore. Most of the time I just stared into space. But I wouldn't ever kill myself. I don't like to make a scene, or get myself noticed. I just wanted people to leave me alone, or at least be nice to me because of who I am, not what happened to me.

But I daydream too much I guess, because nothing like that is ever gonna happen. I'm just gonna live a lonely high school life. Oh well.

~

"Dad, I'm home." I said to an empty living room when I came in the house. Not surprising, he was probably picking up my mom from work. She wrecked her car again last weekend, because she was driving drunk. Another D.U.I paid off with the ton of money they have. No big deal of course.

They didn't really 'notice' me much, you could say. Of course they bought me clothes when I needed them, and said hi when I came into the room, and made dinner for us, but they never really meant what they say.

Like a simple, "How was your day?" was never asked. They never made an effort to try and talk to me about anything. I guess that's one reason I kept to myself so much. And I had a diary. Yeah, lame, I know, but it wasn't a normal diary. I just wrote down all the flash backs that I had, so I could remember what happened.

I never wanted to forget Anna...

She was my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! New post!
Just to let you guys know, every other chapter is going to be a flashback, so the next one will be.
Just bear with me on this....(:
And I'm going through a really stressful time right now, so I'm sorry if I don't update for a week or so, or if the updates are bad...I really do try.
Please comment and tell me what you think.

zingerlove<3