Status: PLEASE NOTE--THIS WAS "THAT SUMMER" BUT I'M REWRITING IT...PLEASE KEEP WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT I PROMISE!!! :D

Memories That Fade Like Photographs;

three;

"Hey, girl! You made it!" Anna called as I walked through the entrance doors to the local swimming pool. I smiled at her and went over to the bench her stuff was hanging on. I set my bag down and we both took off our cover-ups and got ready to jump in.

Anna turned around to grab her sunglasses and I spotted a large purplish-black spot on her back. It was about the size of a hand. I reached out and grazed the bruise with my fingers, startling her.

"What are you doing? Let's get in!" She laughed as I gave her a worried look. She shrugged at me like nothing was wrong. Trying to hide it, like she always did. I crossed my arms and looked down at my nails...bad habit of mine.

"Anna...your back. Tell me." I said,, knowing it would take more than that to get a response. She sighed and rolled her eyes as she put her hands on her hips.

"It's just a bruise. I fell, okay?" Then without warning she pushed me into the pool, jumping in right after me. As I came up for air, I saw her floating there with a grin on her face.

"Gotcha!" She yelled as I laughed and splashed her a little. I guess I had to drop the subject.

For now anyways....

"So...Anna..." I said, as we were hanging out in my room, drying off after our day at the pool.

"What's up?" She smiled as she tossed some chips in her mouth. Anna was always smiling when she was around people, despite all the sadness in her life. When she cried, it wasn't for herself. She cried for everyone.

"The bruise...on your back. I know you didn't fall...tell me what happened." I said, knowing I had to be strong. Anna's dad was very abusive, and she didn't like talking about it, but I knew that it was serious.

Anna looked down at her bowl of chips in her lap. She sighed then set it down on the bedside table. I saw a tear start forming in her eye. That told me that this time, it was really bad.

"Did he...hit you again?" She nodded quickly, as tears started to fall down her face. I patted her on the shoulder, reassuring Anna that everything would be okay.

"M-my room. I forgot to clean it up...and h-he saw. I tr-tried to apolog-gize...h-he never l-listens..." She sobbed into her hands as I handed her a tissue and pulled her into a hug.

Every time Anna told me something like this she made me swear not to tell anybody...she was afraid her dad would find out and hurt her even more.

I should've told...

"Everything will be okay, Anna...we'll find a way out...I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay...Sorry it took me so long to update...
I've been busy with my newer story, Twilight Woods...
which you should totally check out! :D
I'm doing it with the awesomest author ever, EmoKisses!
&& Ik this chapter is super short, but like I said, every other chapter is going to be a flashback (like this one) and those are short...so yeah.
But please comment and tell me what you think!
Every comment counts! It really does!
(:

zingerlove<3