Status: PLEASE NOTE--THIS WAS "THAT SUMMER" BUT I'M REWRITING IT...PLEASE KEEP WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT I PROMISE!!! :D

Memories That Fade Like Photographs;

seven;

I was sitting at my desk doing homework when I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and looked at the caller I.D.

Anna.

I wonder what she needed? I answered and she was breathing heavy and sounded like she'd been crying.

"Hello?" I said, wondering what was wrong.

"Katie? I have to tell you something." She sounded urgent.

"Okay? You can tell me anything. What is it?"

"I-I...I'm going to kill myself." She just bluntly said, leaving me shocked.

"What?! No! Anna! What happened?!" I yelled in a whisper-tone, not wanting my parents to hear.

"I'm serious, Katie. My dad has touched me for the last time." I heard a crack in her voice, signaling she was going to start crying again, which I already was.

"Anna! No! We can get out of this! You can come live with me! There's people that love you! Please don't!" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I can't get away Katie...you know that. We've tried...and this is the only way I can get away from all of this..."

"Anna! Please listen...there's ways tha--" She cut me off.

"I just wanted to say goodbye..." She said quietly and I heard the line click.

"Anna! No! Please....Anna..." I cried all over the desk and my papers. I knew she was serious and I had to do something, quickly.

I dialed 9-1-1 on my phone in a panic and before the lady even said 'hello' I began screaming in the phone.

"You have to help me! My best friend is dying!" I screamed as she tried to calm me down. Then she asked where we were and I gave her the address of the old beat-down place Anna lived.

I tried calling Anna again, but no answer. She probably cut the line off. I couldn't handle it anymore, I pulled on my shoes and ran out the door.

My parents yelled at me, trying to ask what I was doing and where I was going as I ran out the front door with my bike, but I just ignored them and started pedaling east as fast as my legs would let me.

When I reached Anna's house, it was on fire. Anna didn't just want to hurt herself...she wanted revenge on her dad, too. I jumped off my bike and tried to get inside the house, but the firemen that were already there held me back, away from it.

"You have to let me in!! ANNA!" I screamed one last time towards the air as the world started spinning around me and I fell to the ground.

Please....Anna, don't....
♠ ♠ ♠
D:
Chapters are getting more and more serious...not many left either.
I know I'm updating these faster than usual, but I have a quick deadline later today, so I need to finish it up.
But it won't suck I promise!
Please comment and tell me what you thought of this scene!
Was it good? Bad? Cheesy? Lame? Coolio?
Haha, love you guys.

zingerlove<3