Status: PLEASE NOTE--THIS WAS "THAT SUMMER" BUT I'M REWRITING IT...PLEASE KEEP WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT I PROMISE!!! :D

Memories That Fade Like Photographs;

nine;

I straightened my black dress as I walked into the funeral home with my mom and dad slowly trailing behind me.

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was that it was almost completely empty in the family and relatives section.

I wiped my eyes and walked up to the coffin where she was laying there, cold and plain. The scars from a few burns showed were the flames had licked the side of her cheek.

More tears came to my eyes and I tried my best to hold them in.

I watched her rest peacefully until I just couldn't take it anymore, and turned around. A lot of our friends from school were here, and most of them were watching me.

I sat down in the front row by my parents who were both sitting there, silently.

My best friend, my sister, my everything...she's dead. She died from inhaling too much smoke, but not in the fire she lit in her house. She couldn't even die the way she wanted to.

I looked up at the ceiling and sent silent messages up to heaven where she would be waiting when it was my time to come.

As I looked around the silent room, I saw certain people from school who had the courage to go up and see her. Some couldn't handle it. I saw them crying in the back.

Up at the coffin right as I looked up, was Kyle Austin. He had tears in his eyes and his hand was clenched into a fist.

He couldn't take the pain either. I saw him look at me, then shake his head and sit down with his family and the rest of the students.

There were little boxes of tissues sitting along each row I noticed, but ours didn't have one. I sniffed again and wiped my eyes with my hands until I saw someone holding out a box to me.

"Thank you, Kyle..." I said slowly as the preacher walked up to the podium and cleared his throat.

Someday, Anna. Someday I'll see you again...
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it...short story...is finished.
I worked really hard on this guys!
I hope it's good...I hope everyone likes it...
And I hope I win the contest!
Please leave me feedback and tell me what you think!
Is it good enough to win do you think?
Or is it...lame?
I would love to know! :)

zingerlove<3