Somewhere in the Middle

I Love You

I noticed Pauly's smirk fade when he saw Ace's arm wrapped tightly around Hayley's waist, and it was replaced with a glare. My attention was brought back to Ronnie when I saw him take a couple steps towards me. "If you take another fucking step towards me, I will kick your ass so hard, so your ancestors will feel it," I snapped harshly, glaring. He stopped, looking at me wide eyed.

I've never stood up to him before. It felt good.

"Everything okay out here?" Aiden asked, walking out with Slutlynn, his arm wrapped around her waist. "Oh, hey Ronnie, Pauly," he greeted.

"You know them?" I asked, reeling around to look at him. Aiden gave me a strange look.

"Of course I know my girlfriend's brothers," he said slowly, treating me like a young child. I glared at him.

"You know what, I am fucking done with this bullshit." I looked over at Ronnie and Pauly. "Stay away from me and my sister if you want to stay alive," I said.

"Riley-"

"And you," I snapped, cutting off whatever Aiden was going to stay, and pointing my finger at him. "Stay away from me, and don't talk to me until you get rid of your fucking flea." I looked pointedly at Slutlynn, who looked shocked at what I said about her, and then glared at me. "Hayley, I want to go home, can we go?" I asked, looking at her. My eyes were brimming with tears since I was so pissed and upset. She nodded, kissed a confused Ace goodbye, and walked with me to her car. I hopped in the passenger seat, and Hayley started the car, and peeled out of the parking lot.

"Are you okay?" She asked me when were about five minutes away from the house. I shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. I feel bad for snapping at Aiden, though."

"You shouldn't. He fucking deserved it." She leaned up, and looked up at the sky. It was getting darker and darker. "Is there supposed to be a storm moving in?" She asked. I nodded.

"I think so. I heard it's supposed to be bad. A tropical thunderstorm I think," I answered. She nodded, and leaned back. About a second later, it started raining. About a minute later, it was pouring. Add some wind, lightening, and thunder into the mix, you go yourself a tropical thunderstorm. It was getting harder to see, and I was glad that we were about a mile or two away from home. As we were taking a turn, the thing I hoped never happened again, happened.

A truck was coming towards us and lost traction. The truck started spinning towards us, and Hayley jerked the wheel, trying to get us out of it's path, but it was too late.

The truck hit us head on. The sound of metal hitting metal, and glass breaking was the first thing I heard. The next was a ear-piercing scream. I wanted it to stop. It was hurting my ears. Then I realized it was me. And Hayley. I felt the airbag hit my face and chest, causing me to choke on my breath.

The car flipped a few times. When we finally stopped rolling, my leg was stuck in between the door and the seat. How it got there, I don't know, but it hurt. I tried to move it, but only managed to cry out in pain. I placed my hands on top of the roof, and looked around. "Riley?!" I turned my head to see Hayley looking at me.

"Oh my God, Hayley, are you okay?" I asked, reaching for her hand. She grasped mine tightly with her's.

"Yeah, I'm alright. You?" She asked., Her voice sounded strained.

"I'm alri-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because something slammed into my back. I think it was the door. We flipped again, and spun into a ditch. I looked back over at Hayley. She wasn't moving. "Hay-" I couldn't breathe. My chest hurt. I shut my eyes tightly wanting it to stop. Please, make it stop.

After what felt like hours, my body started relaxing, and I got really tired. I looked up slowly, since the car was upside down, and saw a pool of blood. My blood. I shut my eyes. I was so tired.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Leana Sullivan was making lunch for everyone. She usually did when everyone was gathered at her and Jimmy's house. She was making hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone started piling in, soaking wet. She raised an eyebrow, amused. "Did everyone fall into the pool, or something?" She asked.

"No, it started raining cats and dogs outside," Jimmy exclaimed, kissing his wife on the mouth. He pulled away when everyone heard what sounded like crunching metal.

"Oh my God, was there a wreck or something?" Michelle asked from her spot next to her own husband, Brian. Everyone just looked around when they heard it again.

"Damn, was it a three car crash?" Val asked no one in particular.

"It sounded a couple blocks away. Baby, can we please go check it out?" Gena asked Zacky. He looked over at Jimmy. Jimmy nodded.

"I have a bad feeling about this, though," he said seriously. He's never serious. Leana watched as everyone piled into Matt's giant Escalade. "Leana, baby, are you coming?" Jimmy asked. Leana snapped out her daze and nodded.

"Yes, I'm coming."

When they reached the sight, they saw a truck on it's side, and the back end of a blue car upside down in a ditch. "That looks like-"

"No," Leana said, cutting off whatever Johnny was about to say. "They're at school it can't be them." She hoped.

"Hey, there both still alive down here!" She heard someone shout from down in the ditch. "Reach down and get them!" Two of the fireman reached down and pulled two bloody, broken bodies from the car.

Both girls.

Both had blue hair.

"No," Leana whispered. Jimmy took off in a sprint trying to get to his daughters.

"Sir, you can't go past this point," a policeman said.

"Those are my fucking daughters! I need to see them!" He yelled, and even from where Leana and everyone else was at, they heard his voice break. Leana wiped at her eyes, then gave out a cry, running after Jimmy, not even worrying about the tears cascading down her face anymore.

"Look, I'm sorry, but you can't step beyond this line. It needs to be investigated to see who was at fault, but by judging from the tire marks, I'm assuming your daughters were not at fault." The policeman stopped, and saw the EMT's loading the two girls into an ambulance. "Follow me, and I'll give you a police escort to the hospital."

"Thank you," Leana said, and she and Jimmy ran back to the Escalade.

"Leana, why are you crying? Did you know who it was?" Val asked. Jimmy licked over his lips.

"It was Riley and Hayley," he said, his voice cracking even farther.

"What?!" Matt asked, turning in his seat, his eyes wide behind his aviators.

"Just follow that police car," Leana said, pointing to the car that was already pulling out behind the ambulance. The ambulance's lights came on, the police car's soon followed. Matt pulled out behind them, following easily. "They have to be okay," Leana whispered in Jimmy's arms.

"I know, baby. I know."

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

"Clear!" I felt a jolt. "Clear!" Another jolt. What the fuck was going on? "Clear!" I took a deep breath, not wanting to feel that shock again. "We got her back," I heard a voice exclaim in relief.

Back? Where'd I go?

I felt something sharp poke my hand, and jumped in surprise. Did something just bite me? I wanted to open my eyes but my eyelids felt like they weight a ton. Okay, so I'll say something. Couldn't do that either. It felt like my tongue was swollen.

"We need to set her leg," I heard the same voice say, and something touched my leg. I screamed, my eyes shooting up. "Hold her down!" I was gasping for air at how much pain I was in. "Give her some morphine!" I heard the person say as another piercing scream escaped my lips. I realized my eyes were shut again, and pried them open. I looked around, and noticed a bunch of doctors and nurses running around. I looked at my hand. Oh, it was an IV, not a bug. I looked down at my body. My bloody body. My leg looked like it had been snapped. It was clearly broken. I tried to move slightly, but tensed up when a white hot flash of pain coursed through my torso. "Riley Sullivan, can you hear me?" I turned my head to see a young looking doctor staring at me. I nodded. "My name is Dr. James. Riley, please try not to move, you suffered major injuries in the wreck you and your sister were in." My sister?!

"Hay- Hayley," I gasped out. I guess he understood what I was trying to say because he smiled.

"She's fine. Your injuries were a little bit worse since it was your side of the car that got hit the second time." I nodded, and closed my eyes again.

I was so tired again.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

The steady beeping noise woke me up. I wish I was still sleeping. I was in so much pain right now. I almost lulled myself back to sleep, but someone grasping my hand stopped me. I didn't move or opened my eyes, I just wanted to know who it was.

"Riley..."

Where have I heard that voice?

"I know this is totally the wrong time, but I have something to tell you."

Tell me? Tell me what?

"I love you."

Wait. What?

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I - I should've, and I should've told you how I felt a long time ago, but I was so sure you never returned the feelings. I'm so sorry." I felt the hand holding mine start to shake lightly. "Damn it, Riley. Please, wake up. I hate seeing you like this. All broken and helpless."

Who the fuck are you? I heard another pair of footsteps coming towards the bed.

"Aiden, you have to leave," a voice I've never heard before say.

Aiden?! Aiden. Loves me.

Aiden loves me!! Come on mouth, move!

My efforts didn't help any, it just made me more tired, so I feel back into a painful sleep.

The next time I woke up, I was able to open my eyes. I looked around, and noticed that I was in a hospital. What happened? It started rushing back, and I started to hyperventilate. My chest was heaving as I was gasping for air. I can't believe it. Hayley and I were in car accident. "Honey, you need to calm down." I looked to my right and saw a small blond woman.

"Who the fuck are you?" I gasped out.

"I'm your nurse, Riley. You're fine, and so is your sister. You need to take a deep breath." I did. "Alright, now let it out slowly." I did. She smiled. "There, do you feel better now?" I nodded.

"Where's my family?" I croaked out. My throat hurt. Actually, everything hurt.

"There in the waiting room," she said, and then turned towards the door, and then looked back at me with a smile gracing her pretty face. "I have a surprise for you." A couple seconds later, Hayley was wheeled into my room on a gurney.

"Bout damn time your sorry ass woke up." Isn't my sister lovely? I started to laugh, but then gasped, clutching at my side.

"Don't make me laugh," I groaned out. She rolled her dark green eyes, and then looked at me. I could see it in her eyes. She was scared for the both of us. I'm pretty sure mine looked the same. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Riles, you're the one who was hit in the back by another car. I just got the after affect. You got the whole blunt force of the damn thing," she said. I nodded, and closed my eyes.

"Are you two ready for some visitors?" The blond asked, sticking her head through the door. Hayley and I looked at each other and nodded.

"Send them in."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait.

Comment? Message? Subscribe? Peace, Love, Skittles.