Somewhere in the Middle

I Wish I Had A Camera, That Would Be Total Blackmail

I just have to say that being suspended for three days and having nothing to do sucks major ass. I have a short attention span and I'm pretty sure Riley does too, so that doesn't help any. 

“Hey Riles you wanna go explore the house since we haven't really seen it all yet?" I asked standing up and stretching. I love when I hear my joints pop, call me weird but I do. 

“Yeah, why not." Riley said with a yawn and stood up. We started from the front door and walked down the hall to our right. When we got to the end of the hall I saw a door I hadn't noticed before. 

I showed Riley and she raised her eyebrows, “How the hell could we miss this?" She asked and opened the door to reveal a staircase. 

We both shrugged but walked down the stairs anyways. I about had a fucking heart attack when I saw what was down there. It was a huge room with instruments all over the place. The walls were a deep red, black molding, black hardwood floors, huge deep red rug on the floor, black leather couches against one wall, and a small refridgerator by another door. All the instruments were on the other side of the room. The drum set was in a corner sitting at an angle with a mic, three-very expensive-guitars sat in three differnt spots, a mic sat at the front in the middle, six other guitars hung on the wall behind the ones sitting on the floor, and a grand piano set over in the other corner by another mic. 

“Holy burrito balls with wings." Riley stated breaking the silence. I would have to agree with her on that. Oh ding, ding, ding I have an idea. 

I walked over to the drum set and picked up the drum sticks, “I'm gonna try to play as good as dad. Tell me how I do." I said and started to play Drown by Scarlet Sins. Riley grinned rushing over to a guitar and started playing with me. 

We were almost done when I tried to twirl my drum sticks like dad does but I don't think it worked well because Riley is now trying to rub her back. I covered my mouth with one hand and tried to control my laughs. 

“That hurt Hayls." Riley whined. Oh lord I hope she doesn't do this anymore it's kind of annoying, but she's my sister, I'll love her no matter what.

“I'm sorry Riles. I was trying to twirl the drum sticks like dad, one just flew out of my hand, and I didn't mean to. I promise." I said going over to her and lifting the back of her shirt. I just have to say that a drum stick can leave a nasty bruise, but don't try it to see how nasty of a bruise they leave. 

“You have a huge ass bruise on your back." I told her letting go of her shirt and sat down on one of the couches. She grumbled and sat down beside me. Me being myself didn't want to sit like a normal person so I put my legs up to where they hung off the back of the couch and my head layed over the edge almost touching the ground. 

“All the bloods gonna rush to your head." Riley said with a chuckle. I grunted in response and rolled my eyes when she layed just like me. She's so retarded sometimes. We stayed like that for a few more minutes when we heard the front door slam and deep voices. 

“Pinky, Smurfette?" Brian yelled from upstairs. I looked at Riley with wide eyes, “What if we aren't allowed down here?" I whisper-shouted sitting up right. 

She sat up right, “They probably won't get mad. Hey just yell polo and see if they answer." She said with a chuckle.

“Polo." I yelled. Riley giggled when the guys stopped talking. 

“Marco." Johnny yelled back.

“Polo." 

“Marco."

“Polo." I yelled and giggled when I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. A few seconds later they were all standing in the room. 

“I found you, your it now." Johnny said with a smile, he in turn got a head slap. 

“We're not playing a fucking game short shit." Zacky said after slapping him which caused Riley and I to snicker. 

“What are you girls doing down here?" Matt asked sitting down on the other couches with everyone else. 

“We decided to explore the house and we ended up down here." Riley answered. 

“We were playing music too. Wanna hear me play the drums?!" I asked jumping up. 

NO! I don't think anyone wants to get hit with another drum stick." Riley said rubbing her back. I have three words for her, suck it up.

“You threw a drum stick at her?" Dad asked with a raised eyebrow. He's probably never going to let me live down what I'm about to tell him. 

“Well about that. I was actually playing really good and then I tried to twirl the drum sticks like you do, but that didn't work out very good because now Riley has a huge bruise on her back. So basically I was trying to be all awesome like you and it was a major fail." I said in one breath. Geez I can talk alot, maybe I need to lay off the monster and skittles? Yeah don't think that's gonna happen.

“You. Stick. Throwing. Riley." Dad said through laughs. Well he probably said more but that's all I could understand out of it. The other guys were roaring with laughter almost falling off the couches. 

“You know it's very rude to laugh at people. It can really hurt their feelings." I said crossing my arms and sniffling. If you think I'm really crying you obviously don't know me that well, I can fake cry like nobodys business. 

I saw Riley smirk at me knowing exactly what I was doing, heck she does the same thing. After the guys heard me sniffling they immediately stopped laughing and jumped up giving me a group hug.

“No don't cry. We weren't trying to be mean." Dad said loudly. 

“We didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just don't cry." Matt said just as loudly.

“We're taking you out tomorrow since we made you cry and Riley too." Zacky said with a small smile. Like taking candy from a baby.

“We're sorry." They all said in unison. I burst out laughing not being able to hold it in any longer, Riley joined me shortly after. The guys all released me and stepped back with confused faces.

“Wait I thought you were crying?" Dad asked pointing at me.

“I was faking it." I said between laughs. They all shook their heads and chuckled mumbling something along the lines of ‘I should have known.' 

“I'm hungry. Monster will you make me some food?" Riley asked after she calmed down. I nodded knowing she can't cook if her life depended on it. 

I ran upstairs with everyone behind me and skidded to a stop in the kitchen. I grabbed a chair and walked to the pantry in search of everything I would need.

Fourty minutes later and we were all eating my homemade fettucini alfredo and everyone kept saying how good it was. 

☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠

I heard my bedroom door creak open and heavy footsteps walking in. I pretended to be asleep and grabbed the fly swatter that was under my covers with my hand that was laying on my stomach. Don't ask why I have the fly swatter under my covers, I just do.  

I heard someone walk closer to my bed about to wake me up. I sat up straight and held the fly swatter up with a mischievous grin, “Do you really wanna do this again?" I asked Matt, Zacky, and Johnny. 

They all got wide eyed and darted out of my room without a second thought. Glad to know that I scare grown men. I chuckled and looked at the clock on my bedside table, seeing it said it was eleven am. 

After I was done with my shower I got dressed in this and fixed my hair in two braids. I slipped my aviators on, got my phone, and walked down to the living room where all the guys and Riley were.

“Loving the outfit Riles." I said grabbing my iPod off the coffee table. “Love your outfit too. Ok let's go where ever it is we're going." She said jumping up hooking her arm with mine and we walked to the car.

We jumped in the car and I got out my Ozzy Osbourne cd. After the guys all got in I gave dad the cd asking him to put it in. He put it in and we drove to where ever we were going.

☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠

Dad had just pulled up to the mall and I was thankful becuase riding with those guys can get annoying real fast. Riley and I jumped out of the car running around. 

“Praise the flying pigs in space!" I yelled throwing my arms up. 

“Amen sista. I hate riding with those guys." Riley said pointing at them. I nodded and we both started walking toward the mall entrance. When we walked in we started walking toward the music store we saw the last time we were here.

“Riley and Hayley come here." I heard Matt yell. Oh lord what does the hulk want? 

“What Uncle Matt?" Riley and I asked in unison. 

“Where are you two going?" 

“To the music store and..." I started.

“Then maybe the food court." Riley finished. He nodded and told us to call them if we needed anything. 

We made it to the music store five minutes later and we both went straight to the instruments. I grabbed a guitar and Riley did too, I played a few cords and smiled when a new song came on in the store. 

“You wanna play the song Hayls?" Riley asked smiling also. I nodded, we started playing and singing along to Confrontation by Otep.

Don't 
Be.....
Silent.

FIGHT.

(violence, mêlées, & disturbances of the peace)

Here's your introduction to destruction
& the hate sustaining me

Are we safer or in danger?
Drowning in atrocities?

Riot gear, the slaves are here
Piling corpses high

Its the rich man's war
But its the poor that fight

More capitalist crimes,
More enemies than allies

No WMD's - who gives a fuck
If they die

Just kill em all - watch em fall
Skin the world with their lies

Its a rich man's war
But its the poor that fight

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

They don't know 
What they started

CONFRONTATION.

My religion of resistance
Challenging everything

Radicals & dissidents
Of creativity

We are the children 
Of the siege you hide
In this rich man's war 
Where the poor just die

More deception & greed
More wars & disease

More lies from the hive mind
That seek to deceive

A weak nation of need
Like silent thieves in the night

Its a rich man's war
But it's the poor that die

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

They don't know 
What they started

CONFRONTATION.

Stand - FIGHT
Speak - FIGHT
Strike back!

Stand - FIGHT
Speak - FIGHT
Strike back!

They don't know 
What they started

CONFRONTATION.

This is my
Battle cry!

Defy the lies 
Of the tyrant race
With a fist in the air
& a finger in their face!

DEFY THE TYRANTS!
DON'T BE SILENT!

DEFY THE TYRANTS!
DON'T BE SILENT!

DEFY THE TYRANTS!
DON'T BE SILENT!

DEFY THE TYRANTS!
DON'T BE SILENT!

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

Stand up
Speak out
Strike back

They don't know 
What they started

CONFRONTATION.

Stand - FIGHT
Speak - FIGHT
Strike back!

Stand - FIGHT
Speak - FIGHT
Strike back!

They don't know 
What they started

CONFRONTATION.

There's no 
Way they
Can stop us
Now

So let them try
We fight or we die.


I smiled at Riley and put the guitar back on it's stand. I heard clapping and looked over to see a crowd of people standing in the store. Riley and I blushed but smiled none the less. 

“Girls that was awesome!" I heard Johnny say pushing his way to the front with the others behind him. 

“Thanks Uncle Johnny." We replied in unison. The rest of the guys and dad praised us, and hugged us. 

“Ok let's go to the food court." Zacky said after we walked out of the music store. 

I ran and jumped on Matt's back, “Onward to the food court my trusty steed." I yelled pointing to the food court. He laughed and walked to it with everyone following. 

“Monster, Skittlez!" Someone yelled across the mall. I looked to see Ace and Aiden standing on a table waving us over. 

“Onward to Ace and Aiden, Mr. Hulk." I stated and waved at them. 

When Matt stopped I jumped off his back to hug Ace and Aiden. When I hugged Ace I saw dad and my crazy uncles glare at the back of his head, and Riley just smirk. So fucking what if I like Ace, she likes Aiden just as much as I like Ace. 

“Hey Ace, Hey Aiden." Riley and I said after we hugged them.  

“Hey Riles, Hayls. Hi Jimmy, Johnny, Matt, Brian, and Zacky." They said with a wave. Dad and the others grunted in response, and sat down at a table. 

I sat down beside Ace and Riley sat down beside Aiden, “So what are you dudes doing here today?" I asked. 

“We got out of school early, so we decided to hang out here." Aiden answered. 

“If your bored you wanna come and watch movies with us tonight?" I asked excitedly. Oh dad is just gonna love them hanging out with us and probably crashing at the house. Note sarcasm. 

“Hayls they have school tomorrow." Riley said in a ‘duh' tone. I'm not retarded if that's what you think. 

“Yes I know that sister, but they can skip. It's not like they would go to jail for skipping, geez." I said and stuck my tongue out at her. She stuck hers out at me so I threw a wadded up straw wrapper at her head successfully hitting her nose and it ended up falling on her tongue. 

“Two points for H.Sullivan!" I said bowing and ended up laughing at Riley when she spit the wrapper on the table.      

“Yeah. But I'm kinda scared about what your dad and uncles will say." Ace said looking over at them. I looked over and saw them glaring at both of them. Geez didn't we already go over this a week ago, they are just friends.

“Hey dad, is it ok if Aiden and Ace come over to watch movies with us tonight?" Riley asked with her magical pout. I decided to help and did my magical pout too. Gets us anything we want, so that's a major plus.

He looked at the guys, then at Ace and Aiden, and then back to us. It looked like he was weighing the pros and cons in his head, “Yeah but that's all that better be going on. I know what boys think about at that age because I'm pretty sure I thought the same things." He said with a knowing look. 

Ace looked at his phone when it vibrated, “Shit my moms at the bar again. Aiden you coming with me?" He asked getting up.

“Yeah. See ya later." Aiden said getting up. 

“We'll see ya tonight." Ace said and they walked off. 

When they were out of hearing range the guys and dad started warning us about stuff they might try. Jesus we are fifteen almost sixteen I think we know what guys do when they want to get laid. 

I rolled my eyes, “Ok dad, you guys we get it. Can we go home know?" I asked getting up. They nodded and we all walked to the car. 

“Hey dad can I drive home?" I asked standing by the car. Riley got wide eyes but smirked anyways. She knows I'm a crazy driver and have bad road rage, even though we're only fifteen our adoption lady Miss Mary took us driving in empty parking lots all the time since we were the only older kids there. 

“You're not sixteen yet." He responded. Like he never drove before he was sixteen. 

“I will be in a couple days. Please can I drive home?" I asked with a pout. He caved and gave me the keys. I squealed and jumped in the drivers seat. 

“Get a move on people." I yelled and got buckled in. Everybody got in and buckled up. 

Riley was sitting in the middle seat between Matt and Brian with her seat belt extra tight. I smirked at her in the rearview mirror and put the keys in the ignition, slipping on my aviators. I rolled down the windows halfway and backed out of the parking spot, very quickly I might add.

“Oh dear lord." Riley said holding onto Matt and Brian's arms for dear life. 

I giggled and drove to the stop sign, “S. T. O. P. 1,2,3." I said stopping and took off onto the street with a sharp turn. 

“Holy shit!" Dad yelled holding on to the ‘oh shit' bar. 

“Dude slow the fuck down!" Johnny yelled from the back. “I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die." Zacky kept saying over and over. Bunch of babies. 

I ignored them and stopped at a stop light, turning on the radio. Next Go Around by Nickelback came on. I just love this song. I took off when the light turned green and went to get over in the right lane but a car sped up getting in my way, then cut me off. This is where my road rage comes into play. 

I sped up and got right beside the other SUV, “Hey you fucking cut me off." I yelled out my window but still watched the road. The person flipped me off and sped off, I sped up beside them again and blared my horn flipping them off. 

   
☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠

Ten minutes later I pulled in the driveway and got out shutting the car off. Everyone except Riley jumped out and kissed the ground yelling something about never being able to see it again and loving it so much. 

“They're a bunch of pussy's." I said to Riley and we walked inside seeing mom in the kitchen yet again.

“Hey mom." Riley and I said in unison. I grabbed Riley and I a monster, popping mine open. 

“Hey girls. Where's your dad and uncles?" 

“Outside kissing the ground. Hayley drove home and they thought they were gonna die." Riley answered with a giggle. Mom nodded and chuckled when they came in still with scared faces. 

“She is a crazy ass driver." Brian said pointing at me. I flipped him off and smirked, “Oh mom Ace and Aiden are coming over to watch movies. They might crash here too if that's ok with you?" I asked looking at her. She nodded and shooed the guys away ignoring their protests. Atleast she trusts us and them enough. 

☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠ x ☠

“Hey Riles what movie ya wanna watch?" I asked after I got changed into some pjs. 

“I don't care. Ask Ace and Aiden when they get here." She responded coming out of her closet changed in her pjs also. 

I nodded and walked down to the kitchen getting popcorn out of the microwave, four fun size skittles, a bag of cheetos, a big bag of skittles, two things of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and four monsters. I put it all on a tray and took it to the living room. 

“Hey Hayley." Ace said walking in the living room with Riley and Aiden following. 

“Ello lovies. What movie ya wanna watch?" I asked pointing to all the DVDs. Aiden got up picking out a movie and put it in, then sat down by Riley on one of the big couches. I sat down beside Ace on the other big couch after turning the lights off.
Aiden had put in 30 Days Of Night

I picked up the bowl of popcorn and started eating some. Ace put his arm around my shoulder causing me to blush and he ate some popcorn too. I leaned into him and layed my head on his shoulder, watching the movie.

After the movie was over it was one am and I was tired. I looked over to see Riley and Aiden laying on the couch already asleep. Man I wish I had a camera, that could be total blackmail. 

“Are you tired?" Ace whispered. I nodded and was pulled down with him to where we were laying. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks and goosebumps on the back of my neck from his breath. 

“N-Night A-Ace." I said and closed my eyes. I just sounded like a stuttering freak. 

“Night babe." He responded and relaxed on the couch. 

Holy shit, he just called me babe! Do you think he meant something by it? No it couldn't have meant anything, we're just friends. I fell asleep a few minutes later and I was still thinking about what her said.    

     

       
♠ ♠ ♠
Ello lovies! Hope you like it. Comments are greatly appreciated and make us smile bunches.

Songs:
Drown by Scarlet Sins
Confrontation by Otep
Next Go Around by Nickelback