Neutron Star Collison

The Airport

I’m sitting in the airport waiting for Matt’s flight to arrive. He has been on tour for 5 months. 5 months of no Matt. 5 months of being alone. I’ve been counting down this day since the moment he got on the bus and drove away.

The airport is crowded, people are everywhere, and with them comes the noise that makes me even more anxious. I keep fidgeting with my shirt, putting it in place and straightening it. I fix my bangs to one side and then change my mind and tie them up, I put the loose again. I look at my phone every minute. I’m a nervous wreck, waiting for his flight to finally be called. Its almost as if I get my wish granted.

“Flight 813”

Comes through the loud speaker and I instantly jump up from where I’m sitting. I stand and look vigilantly through the crowd of people walking desperately to get out of the airport. I see tourists, businessmen and families; everything but the tall, tattooed man with the aviators. The man who holds my heart.

I finally see him through the crowd, all 6’1 feet of him with his hoodie on, and his basketball shorts and aviators hanging from his Metallica t-shirt. It’s the best sight I’ve seen in 5 months and it more than makes up for the heartbreaking sight of the tour bus leaving our driveway.

I couldn’t contain myself as I ran through the crowd of people towards him. It didn’t feel as if I were in the airport anymore, I felt as if time had slowed down and he was all I could see, the crowd of people didn’t matter. He finally saw me when I was a few feet away from him, opening his arms like an invitation to forever lie in their embrace. I leapt into his arms and put my own around his neck. He placed his hands on the back of my thighs and positioned my legs around his waist. Our lips instantly met in a loving kiss that we had been waiting for 5 months to share.

He set me down, face to face with each other and kissed my forehead. My hands found their way towards his face and his to my waist, to almost make sure we were really there with each other, that this day was actually real. “I missed you” I whispered, wondering if he had heard me, over the noise and bustle of the airport. “I missed you too” he responded as he shifted his face to place a small kiss on the inside of my palm.