Like Walking Into A Dream

Chapter 1

I sit at the edge of the bed and watch him sleep, gazing at the way in which his chest rises and falls with each breath that he takes. I long to put out my hand and touch his still face, to reassure myself that he is really there, and not a figment of my imagination, for moments like these make it hard to believe. He woke to catch me staring.

“What were you looking at?” he asks as he chuckled

“You, sleeping” I giggled, slightly blushing “but now you’re awake” I pouted

“Fine then” he says in fake anger “I’ll go back to sleep” and turns away from me.

I stuck out my tongue at him and walked into out bathroom. I brushed my teeth and prepared to take a shower but his voice interrupts me

“Babe?” he says as he puts his arms around my shoulders and places his lips against my cheek “why did you leave?”

“I have to get ready” I answered as he continued placing random kisses, making me seriously consider my plans or going shopping with the girls today.

“Nope”

“What do you mean nope?” I said “babe I made plans, I can’t just break them”

“Not even for me?” he asks with a pout “and that awesome bed?”

“Arghh” I finally gave in “I give you twenty minutes, and then I really have to go” I let him lead me over to our bed.

I quickly moved under the covers where he joined me not too long after. He put his arms around my waist, and I rested my head on his chest.

I traced the patterns of his tattoos on his chest and stomach softly, and barely making contact with his smooth, colorful skin, emitting a shiver from him.

“What was that?” I asked him holding back my laugh

He childishly replies “you’re tickling me” as he places his body on top of mines and tickles my sides, my weakest tickle stop.

I put my hands on either side of his face and pulled his lips towards mine. Making him forget out tickle fight, he put his arms completely around my waist and rolling over so I was laying on him.

At that moment, my phone started playing Electric Six’s “Danger! High Voltage”, announcing that my presence was needed in the car downstairs.

I quickly jumped off of him and our bed “Matt that was way more than 20 minutes!” I screamed at him as I ran into the bathroom to finish getting ready. He walked into the bathroom as I was looking for my missing shoe, which he had in his hand. He gave me the shoe and with an innocent smile, showing his dimples said, “I’m sorry?”

I stopped my rush, and glared at him “sure you are” I said as I walked past him into our bedroom to grab my purse and run downstairs.

By the time I was downstairs I heard beeping and I knew it was way late.

He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me to him “don’t be mad at me babe” he said before he put his lips to mine “I love you, be safe” I kissed him again “I love you too” I turned back “if the guys are over, make sure not to burn the house down, and get inside the house you’re in your boxers.”

He rolled his eyes and smiled at me, exposing those dimples he knew I loved. That man and his dimples will be the death of me.