A Night out on the Town

Chapter Two

Walking on the overcrowded New York City sidewalk, Gabe tightened his grip around Bianca.

“Hey. I’m not going anywhere,” she said while laughing.

“I know. But you can never be safe in Times Square. Hell, I’ve heard of people having their glasses snatched off their face right before their eyes and they had no clue who it was! But I guess it’s not easy looking for the criminal when you’re as blind as a bat.”

Wiping tears from her eyes due to laughing so much, Bianca playfully smacked Gabe in the shoulder. “Now is that nice?”

Shrugging his shoulders, Gabe sheepishly smiled. “It’s the truth.” Releasing Bianca from his grip, he watched her run out a few feet from him and give a large grandiose twirl. Exaggerated all the way down to her little bow, Gabe knew he had met some girl. Not just any girl, but one that he could proudly call his.

Clutching her side, she slowed down and waited for Gabe to catch up with her. “Well whatever, Gaby baby!” Bianca stuck her tongue out at him and wiggled it. “Like that, don’t you?”

“Hell yes!”

“Good.” She calmed down and regained her composure. “So, what do you have planned for us?”

Gabe’s breath got caught in his throat. He had forgot all about his money, or lack of. “I, uh, well,” he stuttered out. “Well there’s something I meant to tell you, but didn’t.”

“What?”

“I’m flat out broke.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have no money, Bianca. I’m sorry if you were expecting something extravagant and fancy. I just have no cash at the moment.” Biting his lip, his eyes darted from hers. Relieved, he saw her smile.

“Oh! That’s okay. I’m cool with that. You know you can always have fun without money.”

“Really!?”

“Duh!” Grabbing Gabe’s hand, Bianca pulled him and they soon broke into a small jog.

“Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise!”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)