Status: Completed

Let's Try to Remember

1/1

"Come here! Sandy! Don't leave me!!!"

"Casey I have to. You guys have to go on tour and that's the most important thing ever. And I have to go with my band." said Sandy as she turned around.

She looked up into his beautiful blue eyes. They usually seemed to sparkle with love for life and mystery, but now they were light and were dull. Sandy closed her eyes and sighed, "I'm sorry. But your band is going a different way. But I'll call you."

"We haven't been together in ages."

"I'm sorry." she repeated as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

He pulled her closer and kissed her forehead.

"I'll miss you." Sandy breathed in his scent. She loved the way that he smelled. She loved everything about him.

His blonde hair which was always all over the place, his smile and especially the way his lip ring felt against her lips when he would kiss her. She pulled away and looked up into his face with tears in her eyes.

"When I get back, I'll fly to where ever you are. So that way we can spend time together." said Sandy as she put a hand on his cheek.

He smiled as he kissed her. She felt dizzy as he brushed his lips against hers. The cold contact of the ring sent chills up and down her spine. She giggled as she felt him lift her up.

She wrapped her legs around his hips and smiled, "I love you so much."

"I love you too. I can't wait until our wedding day."

"Me either." said Sandy as looked at her hand.

The ring was still there as was his. He set her down as she admired her ring. She remembered the very day that he had given it to her.

"Casey, where are we going?"

"You'll see..." was his only reply.

She huffed as she sat back in her seat. He had blind folded her and taken her hostage in his car. She felt the car suddenly slow down.

"We're here." he said as he put the car in park.

"So can you take this thing off of me?"

"Nope." he said as he opened the door for her.

Sandy smiled as she felt him lead her along some kind of bumpy terrain. "Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere... Don't worry. We're here now." he said as he began to remove the blindfold.

Sandy opened her eyes and looked around. They were in a forest. Tall redwoods stood menacingly as they seemed to touch the sky. The air smelled like the ocean as she felt the wind gently blow against them.

Casey grinned, "So what do you think? Is this a good place for our anniversary?"

"Oh, Casey." she said as she hugged him.

They had a picnic in a small clearing that he had already set up.

Then he got up, "I want to show you something." he said nervously.

Sandy giggled as she followed him. Hand in hand they walked down a hiking path.

Suddenly he stopped, "I wonder what kind of berry that is..." he said as he pointed to a bush.

Sandy looked and gasped. On a couple of the branches, he had placed a small ring box. Sandy covered her mouth in surprise. Casey picked up the box as he got down on one knee.

"Sandy, I've been with you since forever and I would like to continue being with you forever. So will you marry me?" he asked. His blue eyes danced with hope as her grey ones fogged with tears.

She let out a sob as she nodded. Casey's grin grew wider as he happily placed the ring on her finger. The jewel was square shaped and a light pink color. It twinkled in the loose sun rays that bobbed and weaved through the tree branches. She embraced him tightly as she kissed him.

"Sandy..."

"I'll call you everyday. So you better answer." she said playfully as she kissed him once more.

Casey smiled, "If you don't, I'll call you."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too." he said as he began walking off towards the car again.

A few weeks had passed since Sandy had been on tour and today she was doing nothing so she was waiting for Casey to call. She had called him earlier but he didn't answer, so she left him a voice message. So he should call back when he gets the chance. So she laid in her bunk, waiting for him to call. She looked up a picture of them together.

They were in Fort Bragg, enjoying the beach. Both had their coats on as the wind blew their hair. She was smiling as he laughed at her for taking the picture. He thought that she would miss one of them. But she was a pro at these, "emo" shots as some people referred to them.

She jumped and let out a small gasp of surprise when her phone started vibrating in her pocket. She pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. It was Jt, so she answered it.

"Hey Jt."

"Sandy..."

"What is it?"

"I've got some bad new for you..." he stated softly.

Sandy sat up as she felt the hair rise on the back of her neck. "What is it?"

Jt sighed, "Casey died last night in his sleep. I'm so sorry... We don't know what happened..."

Sandy felt the air escape her lungs and tighten. Her heart dropped as her head began to spin. She dropped the phone and jumped out of her bunk. She ran out of the bus as tears fell down her cheek. She had no shoes on but she continued running anyway.

She didn't stop until she got to a store. She picked up a pair of shoes and then caught a cab to the airport. She got on a flight and waited until she landed. She got off and got in another cab. The cab pulled up to her house that she shared with Casey.

She checked the answering machine. Messages of condolences for her and the rest of the family. She threw the machine against the wall and screamed.

"NO!!!" She ran up to the bedroom and looked around.

It looked the same as it had when she had left. She spotted a picture of Casey and started to burst into tears.

"This can't be happening!" she sobbed as she looked at his clothes still hanging in the closet.

She ran her hands over the various pieces as she attempt to smell his scent on the clothes. She heard a door slam.

"Sandy! Are you in here?"

She walked numbly out of the bedroom and looked down in the living room. Casey's mother stood there, her eyes were red and swollen from tears no less.

She ran up and hugged Sandy, "I'm so sorry." she whispered softly.

Sandy broke down into tears once again. She knew then that it was true. He was gone... Never to return home with that goofy grin on his face. Or play swords with her...

Gone...She sobbed as she held onto the only thing that she had left of Casey, his mother... Someone who was soon to be her mother in law... But nonetheless, a mother. Someone who was willing to share this wonderful gift of a son with her.

"Come on, your band mates are looking for you." she said softly as she looked at Sandy.

"He loved you dearly. Always remember that if nothing else." she said as she wiped the tears from Sandy's cheek.

"I will always remember that." she said.

They smiled softly as they walked down the stairs and exited the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped that you liked it. Comments? Thanks for reading.