Kids In Love

08

"R!" Alisa squealed as the basketball swished through the net, falling to the pavement with a bounce. "Only two more and I win." She informed Jon who wrote an 'R' to accompany the 'H' and 'O' that were already there.

"Yeah well, I’ll catch up soon." Jon informed her smugly glancing at the 'H' on his side.

"Who knew HORSE was such a hard game." Alisa laughed tossing the ball to Jon who quickly caught it and dribbled to the hoop. He concentrated for a few seconds before throwing the ball, sinking it successfully into the net. Jon cheered glancing at Alisa who crossed her arms with a pout.

"Put an 'O' there Michael Jordan." He instructed pointing to his side. Alisa rolled her eyes and stomped over with a piece of chalk, drawing an 'O' on the pavement. "So, question." Jon said after a moment while Alisa dribbled.

"Shoot." Alisa smiled.

"Do you know if Marlaina is dating anyone?" He asked with a smirk. The ball suddenly fell from Alisa's grasp as she blatantly stared at Jon. She raised her eyebrows in surprise and confusion.

"No, I don't." She coldly remarked before stepping over the ball. "I just remembered I have a paper due on Friday, I should go to the library and finish it."

"But, what about our game?" Jon asked sounding deflated.

"Maybe some other time." She said over her shoulder before scurrying off to the library.

He was sure how, but Jon knew he had fucked up.

*

"TJ!" Marlaina squealed earning a nasty look from the librarian. "Stop it!" Marlaina hissed pushing TJ's wandering hands away from her waist.

"Why?" He chuckled, breathing into her neck. They were currently in the back of the library, 'studying' for a Chemistry exam, searching for a book on the shelves.

"Because we are in a library, and I really do have to study." Marlaina explained, "And so do you." She added pushing a book into TJ's chest. Settling back into her chair she flipped the page and read more about balancing equations when she felt TJ's eyes on her. "Stop staring and read." She sternly instructed forcing herself not to smile at his goofy expression.

"How can I not stare at the prettiest girl in the room?" TJ asked making Marlaina's face turn crimson.

"Read." She said again with a smile nodding towards his book. Reluctantly TJ looked down at the book, pointlessly reading chemical equations. He knew chemistry like the back of his hand, yet he would give his left arm to spend the afternoon with Marlaina. So to maker her happy, he pretended to 'read' his chemistry help guide.

A few moments passed before Marlaina felt a touch on her inner-calf. She looked up at TJ who was till completely immersed in his book. She rolled her eyes as his foot began to drift higher. She stood with a giggle and said, "I have to go Google something."

"Hurry back." TJ smirked looking up from his book. Marlaina rolled her eyes and went over to the computers. She picked a computer and immediately got on Google, when she noticed the person sitting next to her.

"Jon?" Marlaina whispered catching his attention.

"Oh, hey." Jon weakly smiled, "What's going' on?" He asked distracted.

"Just looking something up for chemistry." Marlaina explained, "What about you?" She asked nodding to his computer that wasn't even on. She then noticed him staring far beyond the computer and to the other side of the library. "What are you looking at?"

Marlaina stood from her chair and looked to the back of the library to see her best friend flipping through a book absentmindedly, and chatting up a senior from her Economics class.

"I just don't get her." Jon sighed not taking his eyes from her.

"Alisa? You're stalking Alisa?" Marlaina asked in astonishment, sitting back down.

"What is it with people thinking I’m a stalker?" Jon chuckled.

"Well you're sitting here, watching her." Marlaina stated crossing her arms. "You like her or something?"

Jon nodded continuing to watch. Marlaina gasped in realization, "Was she the one you were fidgety about the other day?" Once again Jon nodded.

"We've hung out a couple times, yet today I asked her something and she ran off!"

"Well, what did you ask her?"

"I asked if you were dating anyone," Jon explained finally looking from Alisa to Marlaina. "I just wondered if she knew about you and TJ, it's not like I was wondering for my own interest." Jon sighed as Marlaina nodded her head.

"Well she definitely does not know, and I hope it stays that way." Marlaina concluded,

"Although, if you guys have a thing going on...then it shouldn't matter because then that would mean she really isn't interested in TJ at all."

"She's interested in TJ?!" Jon exclaimed bolting from his chair causing the librarian to loudly 'shh' him.

"Jon!" Marlaina hissed, "No, she isn't." Jon sighed sitting back down and looking up at

Alisa again who was speaking to a guy, shamelessly flirting with her. His hand was placed around the back of her chair slowing creeping around her shoulders as they read
her economics book together. Jon's blood was reaching a certain level, where one more move and it would surely boil in his veins. The minuet the seniors hand touched Alisa's shoulder Jon shot out of his chair and sped across the library.

"I need to talk to you." He blurted out upon reaching Alisa's table. Out of surprise the senior extracted his hand as Alisa cautiously stood from the table.

"Okay, what do you need to talk about?" Alisa followed Jon behind the shelves in the horror section, and prompted him to speak.

"Why did you run off?" Jon asked breathing heavily.

"I told you, I had to work on my paper..."

"No, the real reason." Jon sternly commanded.

"Jon," Alisa exhaled deeply, "We were having such a great time, and you had to bring up my best friend. If you're seriously only stringing me alone to get to her, its not going to work. I will not be played like that, Jon."

"Alisa, I'm not interested in her. I’m only interested in you. I just wanted to know if you knew about Marlaina's relationship status." He shrugged.

"Why?" Alisa skeptically asked.

"Because I happen to know who she's dating." Jon smugly replied making Alisa's eyes grow as wide as dinner plates. Before Alisa could scream Jon covered her mouth with his hand muffling the yelp. After a few minuets she calmed herself and Jon removed his hand.

"Who?" She whispered curiously.

"Dinner, tonight." Jon suggested.

"Tell me." Alisa pleaded her arms wrapping around his waist sending shivers throughout his whole body. "Please." She batted her eyelashes at him in just the right way to make him cave in.

"Okay fine, but promise me dinner." He said falling in love with her with every passing second.

"Yes, yes whatever you want. Now tell me." She persuaded giving him a coy smile.

"It's TJ." Jon quietly said. Only this time, he wasn't quick enough to muffle her scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so now lets figure this out together. Jon knows about Marlaina and TJ and Marlaina knows about Jon and Alisa, Yet Alisa and TJ are the ones out of the loop. Any predictions?
I love you dolls, Every single one of you subscribers and readers and commenters. You are all simply amazing. 10 comments and i update this weekend ;)