Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Paul Love Story

Powers and Sam

I stood outside the Cullens house, waiting for something. But I couldn't figure out what. Then, Edward, Jasper, and Alice came running out of the house. They spoke but I couldn't hear them. I got into a defensive stance and waited for what they were ready to battle.
The pack jumped out of the trees, minus Jake, Leah, and Seth but plus two new members. Growling I shifted and the only voices I could hear were Seth's and Leah's, though it all sounded jibberish to me. They came running out and the three of us started to fight off the pack with the Cullens. I lunged at Sam to help Edward, when I was hit. I flew to the ground and a silvery wolf stood over me. I tried to push him off but he wouldn't let me up.
Finally three words reached me.
You betrayed me.
******
I shot up from the bed and held my chest while I brought my breathing back to normal. I held the thin sheet to my naked body as I coursed my hair. Paul snored lightly from his place next to me, on his stomach. I giggled at the sight and blushed upon seeing the scratch marks running down his back. I brushed my fingers down them and Paul shuttered in his sleep.
An image shot into my mind of me, of us last night. But it wasn't from my mind. I quickly pulled my hand back and frowned as the image instantly disappeared.
"Paul," I whispered shaking his shoulder. I instantly pulled back as more images of me flooded in.
My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Placing the sheet between my hand and him I touched his shoulder again. Nothing. I placed my foot on his bare calf. Still nothing. It was just my hands.
"Paul," I say shaking him. "Paul, sweetie, wake up." Paul groaned and shoved his face under the pillow. "I can still see you, Lahote. Now up," I say nudging his side. He flinched. I smirked. "Oooh. I think someone's ticklish."
"Don't you dare, Uley," Paul growled from under the pillow.
I giggled and began tickling his sides. I burst out laughing as he flinched his way onto the floor. He glared up at me once he got his giggles under control.
"Good morning," I giggle wiggling my fingers at him.
Paul jumped up onto the bed and on top of me, pinning me down. He grabbed my hands with his and images and thoughts flooded my mind. Love, adoration. Images of last night were all but sexual. It was love and passion.
"Panda?" Paul asked. I didn't answer, I just watched as his thoughts changed to me looking as if I was daydreaming. Concern flooded him. Paul let go of my hands and it stopped. "Panda? Are you okay, baby?"
"I have powers," I whisper.
His eyebrows pulled together. "Powers? What do you mean powers?" He asked sitting up.
"Well, power really," I say sitting up next to him. "I can touch you and I can see and hear the thoughts you have at that moment."
Paul frowned, "You mean you have a power like the bloodsuckers do?"
I shot him a glare, "Don't call them that. I take offense to it now."
He frowned, "Sorry. Old habits die hard. " He paused, "Well, lets test it, shall we. What am I thinking?"
I touch Paul's hand and smile. He was thinking about last night, when we were at the cliffs.
'So cute,' I thought.
"What'd you say?" asked Paul.
"I didn't say anything," I frown.
"No, no. I'm pretty sure you said something. 'So cute'?" he frowned as well.
"I didn't say it. I thought it though."
Paul smiled, "Think of something else."
'I don't see the point of this experiment but okay,' I frown at our hands.
"I can hear you," he whispers in my ear.
"Really?" I breath. He nods. I jump up. "This is so cool!"
Paul laughs at me and pulls me back down on his lap. He kisses me and holds me close to his chest. We both pull back at the sound of something like horses pounding up the stairs.
"Paul!" Jake's voice boomed as the door burst open.
I screamed, covering myself by pressing closer to Paul. "What the hell, Jake," Paul growled pulling the sheet up over my shoulders as I hid my face in his chest.
I looked over and saw Jake, Seth, Jared and Leah frozen in the doorway.
"Ooooh, Sam's gonna kill you," Seth teased.
"Call me when the show starts. I'll bring popcorn," Leah sneered before stomping away.
"What's so important that you can think you can just burst into my house and room unannounced," snapped Paul.
"Uhhh, you can tell him, Jar," Jake said running out of the house.
Jared laughed nervously, "Uh, Sam was freaking out cause it's, like, three in the afternoon and Panda said she'd be home in the morning." He then too turned and ran, Seth following after him.
I jumped up, "Shit!" I grabbed my phone off the ground and groaned. "It's fucking dead and so am I." I quickly pulled on my clothes from yesterday and fixed my hair, while Paul pulled on a pair of cut off shorts and found his keys. I grabbed his hand and we both quickly ran to the truck.
Paul sped all the way back to Sam's house and I quickly hopped out of the car. Sam stood on the porch, glaring at the two of us.
"Where have you been?" He growled.
I roll my eyes, "Every time I hear that I think of Harry Potter. And I was at Paul's. I'm safe, not dead in an alley somewhere, see?" I twirled around. "Perfectly safe."
"Why didn't you answer when I called?" he asked as Paul came and stood behind me.
I wiggle my phone, "Dead. No charger. And there was no way I was going upstairs with what was going on."
Embry snickered coming out of the house, "Says the girl who had sex with Paul last night."
"Embry!" I snap watching Sam's face turn red with anger. "We really didn't need your input, dumb-ass. " I leaned over to Paul and whispered, "I'd run now, Paul."
But he didn't. Instead he grabbed me, pulling me behind him as Sam began to shake. Sam shifted and lunged at Paul. Paul pushed me to the side and phased, blocking Sam's attack. Sam stood over Paul, licking his chops. He growled bearing his teeth at Paul, and Paul began to back away, bowing. I quickly phased, I needed to know what Sam was commanding.
[iYou will stay away from my niece, Paul Lahote. If you ever touch her again, I will personally kill you. Sam growled.
No! I shout jumping between Sam and Paul. This was my choice, Sam. Paul, don't listen. You don't have to-
I am alpha! Sam roared.
So am I! I growl back. And Paul's my imprint, you can't do this. I bear my own teeth, licking my chops in an alpha manner.
You will listen to me, Amanda, Sam growled back, even if it's by force.
And at that, Sam, my uncle, practically my brother, attacked me for a second time.