Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Paul Love Story

Something New

My eyes fluttered open and the first thing I thought was, 'I'm hungry.' But after a few moments I realized that something very warm was holding my hand. I looked over and smiled when I saw that it was Paul. His head was lying on the bed next to me, face down. His short black hair shined in the bright light. His shoulders shook and that's when I realized he was crying.
"Paul?" I whispered.
His head shot up. He then smiled and wiped away the tears he had, "Hi, baby."
"What's wrong?"
His lip quivered, "Nothing, sweetie. You're safe. That's all that matters." He took my hand and kissed it. "I'm sorry for what I said and did earlier, Panda. I didn't mean it. I swear. And if I could take it back I would. I'm so sorry."
I shook my head, "It's okay, Paul. I forgive you."
Paul shook his head, "You shouldn't. What I did to you wasn't right."
"Shush," I hushed him. "What I did wasn't right either."
"But what happened is my fault."
"Paul, shut up, and kiss me already," I smirk at him.
Paul smiled and reached up, kissing me lightly on the lips. He sat back and held my hand close to his face, "I promise to never hurt you again, Panda."
I smiled, "Come lay with me." I moved over and Paul climbed up next to me. He wrapped his good arm around me and I rested my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair while I played with the hem of his shirt. I heard footsteps out in the hall. I glanced up and smiled, seeing the boys. They smiled back at me and ran over into the room. They grabbed me up and squished me into a big group hug. I giggled as Paul growled and pulled me out of the warm arms of the boys.
"How are you feeling, Panda?" Carlisle asked me.
I shrug. "I feel fine. Different, but fine."
"Are you hungry?" asked Esme.
"Yes!" the boys shouted out of habit.
Esme, Emily, Carlisle, and I laughed. "Yes, I am," I giggled.
Esme smiled, "Well, I'm glade I made a lot of food. It's all set up downstairs. Help yourselves, boys."
All the guys, except Paul and Sam, ran out of the room. Emily held Sam's arm as he looked at me, with a sad expression.
Frowning I got up and went over to him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and shoved my face on his chest. Sam's arms wrapped around me and he crushed me against his chest. "I'm so sorry, Panda. I didn't mean to hurt you. It wasn't me. It was the animal in me," Sam blabbered into my hair.
I shook my head, "It wasn't your fault. I should've just listened to you. I'm sorry, Sammy."
"Come on," he whispered. "Let's get some food before the guys eat it all."
I pushed him away and ran down the steps. "My food!" I shout at them.
They froze, a few burgers and frys fell out of their hands and mouths. They gulped as I glared at them. Sam, Paul, and Emily walked in and laughed at the faces of the pack. Smiling I grabbed what I wanted. "Continue," I smile sitting down at the end of the table. And the guys jumped back in, Paul, Emily , and Sam, joining. I was a little surprised to see Leah eating. She saw me looking at her, she just shrugged.
"Panda!" Alice squealed hugging me.
Paul growled standing next to me. I smacked his stomach, "Enough."
"Yes, baby," he grumbled.
Alice's smile fell slightly, "Paul, can I talk to you for a moment?"
Paul eyed her but nodded. He set his plate down on the table next to me and kissed my head. Paul followed Alice into the living room.
"Panda, will you come here for a moment," Carlisle asked me.
I nodded and followed him out back, "What cha need, Doc?" I smiled.
"I want you to drink this," he said handing me a styrofoam cup.
I took it from him and sniffed the lid, "What is it?"
Carlisle frowned. Emmett smirked from behind him, "My favorite, grizzly."
My eyes widened, "You want me to drink blood?!"
"We don't know anything about your diet yet, Panda. You could grow very weak from the lack of blood, for all we know." Carlisle looked sincere, "I wouldn't ask this of you unless I thought it was necessary, Panda."
"Is this why Alice asked to talk to Paul?" I frowned.
Carlisle smiled, "That and she wants to make sure he's good for you."
I nod and looked at the cup. I brought the straw up to my mouth and took a small sip. The red liquid raided my mouth. I swallow it and then take another sip. And then another, and another. Till the cup was empty and the sound turned into a dry suck. I hand Carlisle the cup and lick my lips, "You got any more?"
Carlisle nodded and handed the cup to Emmett. He disappeared, I'm guessing to get more. "I suspected that you would like it. Why don't we go back inside so you can eat, normal food. I'll talk to Sam for you, okay?"
I nod and we joined the guys in the kitchen. I sat down and began to eat the delicious food, while Carlisle took Sam out back to talk to him, just in case he phased. Emmett came back and set the cup in front of me.
He leaned down to whisper in my ear, "It's elk. So if it tastes different, that's why."
I nod while Paul eyed him from next to me. I sucked on the straw and looked over at him, "What did Alice want?"
He snickered, "To make sure I was gonna treat you right. And then she started on the sex talk. I was out of the living room, two seconds flat."
"And that didn't stop her," complained Seth.
"Yes, we all got re-educated on that subject," groaned Jared. I laughed and set the cup down. "Whatcha drinking there, Panda?" Jared ask picking it up.
"Jared, don't," I gasp reaching for the cup.
Jared pulled it out of reach, "Whatcha got in here? Hummm? Something bad?"
"Give it back! You wont like it anyway!"
Jared smiled, "I'll be the judge of that."
"No!" I screamed, but it was to late.
Jared took a drink and then spit the red liquid all over the table, "What is this?!"
My lip trembled, "I told you, you wouldn't like it."
"Is that blood?!" shouted Jared.
Sam came back in with Carlisle. "That's enough. Guys, Leah, outside. Now."
They all got up and went out back. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as Sam knelt down next to my chair. "I'm sorry, Sammy," I sob.
Sam pulled me into a hug, "It's all right, Panda. You can't control it." He rubbed my back and then pulled away. "I'm gonna go outside and talk with the pack, okay?" I nod. He kissed my forehead and then went out the back door.
I rubbed my face and stood up as well. The Cullens were still sitting inside, Bella was there still too.
"What's the plan with the whole protection thing for Bella?" I ask picking up my cup.
"We will take shifts with the pack. The pairs should change every other week," responded Edward.
I nodded and then went outside. Alice was by my side instantly with Emmett and Jasper. Paul looked to be having a heated conversation with Carlisle and Sam.
"You said she'd be the same person," Paul growled.
"She is," frowned Carlisle.
"No, she's not!" Paul shouted. "She's drinking blood like one of you leaches!"
Carlisle shook his head, "I told you her diet could change. And it has. She can still eat normally like a human, but she also needs blood to keep her healthy. Don't you want her to be healthy, Paul?"
That obviously struck a nerve for him. Paul's face fell into distress, "Of course."
"Then you need to accept that she needs this, Paul." Carlisle concluded.
Sam touched Paul's shoulder, "You're one of my best friends, Paul. I know this is hard, but Carlisle is right. She is still our Panda Bear. And we don't even have to know what she's drinking."
"That's right," nodded Carlisle. "We'll provide what she needs and she can keep it in a fridge in a place non of you would see and she can use a solid colored water bottle to drink out of."
"Just think of it as an energy drink that only she needs to drink," prompted Sam.
Carlisle nodded, "Correct."
Paul's eyes landed on me. I chewed on the straw as his eyes roamed my body. He walked passed Carlisle and Sam. He stopped in front of me. He took the cup from me and gave it to Alice. He the cupped my face and kissed me.
I snaked my arms around his neck and he grabbed my waist. His lips were warm against mine, like normal, but this kiss was different. I could feel the sparks between us. I could feel the love and passion between us. It felt so right.
Paul pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, "I love you, Panda Bear."
I smile, "I love you too, Paul."
I pulled away and looked over to the pack. The smiled and grabbed me into another group hug. I laughed, but stopped when my eyes landed on Leah."
"Leah?" I frowned.
Her jaw clenched, "First you take my place as Alpha female, and now you're a leach."
"Alpha female was never your place, Leah. You know that," Embry growled.
"Leave her alone, Leah," snapped Quil. "She didn't ask to become part vampire."
Leah growled and then ran off to the forest to phase. I frown looking at the place where she disappeared into the forest.
"Don't let her get to you, Panda," said Jasper as Alice laid a hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, she's just PMSing," agreed Seth.
"You know what you need," smiled Alice.
Paul groaned, "If it involves you taking her from me again, I say no." He pulled me closer and placed his face in my hair.
Alice rolled her eyes, "She gets to spend the night at home, but tomorrow she gets to join me, Esme, Rosalie, Bella, Emily, and Kim on a shopping trip to Port Angeles."
"How do you know my girlfriend?" asked Jared.
Alice smiled, "Vision." She turned to me, "What do you think?"
"That'd be great, Alice," i looked over to Emily who nodded as well.
"Yay!" Alice squeaked.
"Guys, we'd better get home," Sam informed us. He looked over to Carlisle, "Thank you. For helping both Paul and Panda."
"You're welcome, Sam," Carlisle smiled.
Smiling I quickly hugged the Cullens, receiving my bag from Esme, and shouted a thank you as we loaded into the truck.
I sat on Paul's lap on th way back to La Push. We laughed and joked around with pack. Leah was no where to be found, most likely still in the woods, still in wolf from. I sighed at the thought of her. She hated me now, and most likely always will.
"Panda?" Paul whispered into my ear. "What's wrong, baby?"
"Leah," I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.
Paul let out a soft huff, "She's being a brat. Don't worry about it. You two are best friends. She'll get over it."
"I hope so," I sigh as we pulled up to the house.
We all piled out of the truck and the boys went to their respected places, either at home, or out running patrols, or even heading to Bella's to take shifts. Paul followed Sam, Emily, and I into the house and then started to follow me upstairs.
"Paul," Sam called. Both Paul and I paused on the stairs. "A word." Paul nodded and then looked at me, nodding for me to go upstairs without him.
Sighing I walked to my bed room alone. I pulled out all my clothes from my bag and found a small cooler at the bottom.
You can use this for now.
-Carlisle
Quickly I moved the cooler of blood under my bed and found some pajamas to wear. I changed in the bathroom, after taking a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and hair before returning to my bedroom. I smiled seeing Paul waiting for me with Max. I jumped onto to the bed and curled up next to them.
"What did Sam want," I ask, yawning.
He groaned, "The same think the pixie leach wanted."
I giggled and pressed my lips to his. I pulled back, "Alice." He rolled his eyes and kissed me again. I broke the kiss, turned my head, and yawned.
Paul chuckled, "Go to bed."
I nodded and rested my head on his chest. I twisted my fingers in Max's fur as Paul's fingers lazily ran through my hair. I cuddled up next to him and eventually, the soft rhythm of his heart beat, and the stroking of my hair lulled me to sleep.