‹ Prequel: Count Me the Hours
Status: Eh, in a bit of a rut.

I'm All Yours Somehow

THIRTEEN.

The week leading up to Garrett's arrival dragged on extremely slowly. He flight was supposed to land at ten in the morning, but I got to the airport nearly two hours early. I had barely been able to sleep the night before and Em had decided to stay at her own place for a few nights, while Garrett was home to give us the house to ourselves.

I watched Garrett's plane land anxiously, curling my toes and biting my lip in excitement. The passengers started to unload and I was nearly about to jump out of my skin. He was one of the last people off the plane and I nearly jumped out of my skin. He stepped into the airport, looking around.

I hit him like a freight train and he took a reeling step back as he caught me, my arms flinging around my neck. He grunted as I knocked the wind out of him, his arms latching around me tightly. I buried my face in his neck, inhaling deeply. We stood like that for a few minutes.

“Let me see you,” he told me quietly, his thumbs brushing over the fabric of my shirt. I pulled away, my eyes a bit teary and he kissed me, our fingers weaving together. “I missed you.” His lips brushed over my cheek and my breath caught in my throat.

“You were gone for too long,” I whispered to him, my fingertips gliding over his jaw. He hadn’t shaved that day. He smiled, putting his arms around my neck then, overpowering me as he pulled me against his chest.

He hadn’t checked a bag, so we went on out to the car, our hands locked together tightly. When we got out to the parking garage, I unlocked my car and shoved my keys back into my pocket before he could grab them, like he always did. I pulled me into the backseat, and we made out like teenagers for twenty minutes.

We were finally on our way home around noon. He didn’t put up a fight when I got into the driver’s seat, my cheeks still pink and a hickey making it’s appearance on my neck. We drove in near silence, our hands laced together over the middle console.

“Are you hungry at all? I can stop somewhere,” I questioned, glancing over at him quickly.

He shook his head. “No, I just want to get home and be with only you,” he told me, squeezing my hand. I pressed my lips together, smiling sheepishly as I returned my attention to the road.

We got home a while later and headed to our bedroom quickly, flipping the lock behind us. Garrett kicked his shoes off and collapsed, face first, onto his side of the bed. I laid down beside him.

“I missed this bed,” he mumbled into the pillow. I laughed quietly, toying with his hair, leaning up on my elbow.

“I see where your concern lies. You missed the bed more than you miss me,” I teased, smiling softly.

“Not in the slightest,” he assured me with a scoff. He rolled onto his side, facing me then. He secured his arm around my waist and kissed me. His stubble rubbed against my skin and I smiled into the kiss. “I love you,” he whispered to me.

“I love you too, Gare,” I said quietly, toying with the ends of his hair again.

He touched a spot on my neck. “Damn, I got you good,” he teased, laughing before kissing me again. He pulled away briefly before pressing his lips against mine again.

Excitement welled in my stomach and I smiled against his lips as he moved over me. He straddled my hips, his lips moving down to my jaw. I gasped quietly as his lips brushed a sensitive spot. He smirked as I started working on the buttons of his shirt. I cursed from both sensation and out of frustration. He had known that I would be the one unbuttoning his shirt, and he just had to wear a fucking button down.

I finally got his shirt open, pushing it off his shoulders as I leaned up, allowing him to pull my shirt off over my head. I laughed quietly as we locked eyes before he kissed me again. His calloused fingers danced along the skin of my back, raising goosebumps along my skin. I kissed along his jaw, down to the skin of his throat. He groaned quietly, his skin vibrating under my lips.

“Fuck,” he mumbled as my teeth grazed over his skin. He paused before swiftly unhooking my bra and pulling it away. I dug my nails into the skin of his back, pressing against him. He kissed me slowly, his lips lingering over mine. He began to work the double button of my jeans, cursing and grumbling under his breath about buttons.

He finally undid both buttons, tugging my jeans down. He tossed them aside before I wove my fingers through his hair, pulling him back to me. He kissed me several times, our lust growing stronger every second.

“I love you,” he told me between kisses. I smiled, repeating the words back to him as my hands found his belt.

I struggled with it, groaning with frustration as his lips moved over my collarbones. “Why did you even wear this thing?” I questioned, near giving up. Garrett laughed, kissing me again and again.

Forty-five minutes later, we laid, tangled together. The sheets were pulled over us and Garrett’s arms were wrapped around me tightly. I looked over at him and couldn’t help but giggle.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked, looking over at me before leaning to kiss my temple.

“You have hickey there, and there, and there, and there,” I said, giggling again as I touched my finger to the very defined bruises along his neck. He only smiled.

“I’m pretty sure I gave you one on the inside of your thigh,” he told me, smirking triumphantly. My cheeks flushed pink and I squirmed a bit. His arms only tightened around me. “I missed you, so fucking much.” His fingers ran through my hair gently and I smiled.

“I missed you too, Gary,” I assured him, inhaling deeply before yawning. I pressed my face into the warmth of his neck and sighed quietly. My phone, still in the pocket of my jeans on the floor, began to rang and I cursed.

When I moved to reach for it, Garrett maintained his grasp on me. “Just let it go to Voicemail,” he begged, trying to pull me back into bed.

“It’s Mila, you know she’s just going to keep calling,” I said, trying to wiggle out of his arms. He groaned, finally releasing me. I got to my phone on the last ring after fishing it out of my discarded jeans. “Hello?”

“Hey, sis. Garrett get in okay?” she asked on the other end of the line. I could hear Abigail blabbering in the background. I smirked, climbing back into bed and pulling the sheet over me.

“You don’t even know the half of it,” I answered, giggling as Garrett pressed his lips against my shoulder.

“Stop teasing. It’s not fair that you get to be with your man while Em and I get to sit here and wallow in our loneliness,” Mila said, irritation in her voice.

“Shush, you and Em get to spend a full week on tour with your men, and mine, while I only get to be with Gare for three days. Anyway, why are you disturbing us?” I questioned, Garrett already trying to pull the phone away from my ear.

“I was calling to see if you guys wanted to get dinner together tonight. Well, not just us, but I’m sure Dree and Stephen will come, Em too.”

“Hang on, I’ll ask him,” I said before muting the phone. “Mila wants to know if we want to go out to dinner tonight with her, Abigail, Dree, Stephen, and Em.”

Garrett squinted a bit, weighing the options in his mind.

“We can come home afterward and get drunk off of Jack and stay up all night, clothing optional,” I offered, kissing the already raw skin of his jaw softly.

“You fucking tease,” he groaned, trying to move away from me. I laughed quietly, unmuting my phone.

“He’s in. I bribed him with Jack and sex,” I announced to her. She only laughed and said she’d call to make our reservation, then text me with the information.

After receiving the information from my sister, we took our time to shower and dress for the occasion. Mila had made our reservation at an upscale restaurant, and Garrett was already whining about having to wear a tie. I had made him shave as well, which he also whined about.

I stepped out of the bathroom, finally done with my hair and make up a few hours later. Garrett was lying on the bed, legs outstretched with his laptop in his lap. He looked up when he heard me leave the bathroom and raised his eyes.

“Wow,” he said, raising his eyebrows.

“What?” I questioned self-consciously, as I put in my earrings.

“You look really nice,” Garrett told me, looking me over again. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and I quickly ducked into my closet, where I’d laid out my dress for the evening. I slipped into it, managing to zip it halfway up the back. I rolled my eyes, padding back out to our bedroom.

“Can you zip this for me?” I asked, my back facing him once I reached the bed. I heard him sigh quietly and take the time to move his laptop before taking hold of the zipper. Teasing me, he dragged it down first, his fingers brushing over my skin. When I squirmed and started to pull away, he laughed quietly before zipping it all the way up.

“Gorgeous,” he said, under his breath as I turned to face him.

“Why thank you,” I told him, placing my hands on his shoulders as I kissed him quickly. “Are you about ready?”

“I’m ready for this to be over, yes,” he said, sighing loudly as I rolled my eyes. I popped back into my closet to grab shoes and a clutch. Hand against the doorjamb, I put my heels on quickly. “You’re not allowed to wear heels!” He pouted, standing up.

“Hush, Gare,” I told him, rolling my eyes. I paused in front of the mirror, putting on an other coat of lipstick. I heard Garrett mutter something under his breath about the impeding height difference and I only rolled my eyes. I dropped my lipstick and my phone into my clutch and ran a hand through my hair.

“Are you done getting all fancy?” he asked, adjusting his tie uncomfortably before putting his arms around my waist and rising on his toes to kiss me on the cheek. “You look amazing, in case I haven’t told you that in the last thirty seconds.”

I sighed, turning to face him. “You flatter me too much,” I told him quietly, pursing my lips.

“I only speak the truth, Tallulah,” he whispered, leaning in to kiss my neck softly. His calloused fingertips grazed over the bare skin of my shoulder and I shivered. He pulled away smirking.

“Now who’s the fucking tease?” I questioned sarcastically, punching him in the chest weakly.

A few minutes later, we were en route to the restaurant. Garrett had taken my keys before we even left the bedroom. We were the last to arrive at the restaurant, which prompted a whole slew of jokes, and everyone had to put in their two cents, even Abigail who blew a raspberry at Garrett when he picked her up.

Dinner was nice and Mila didn’t talk about the wedding as much as I was expecting. As dinner progressed, Garrett and I found ourselves scooting closer and closer together. By the end of the meal, our legs were flush against each other.

“How much Jack do we have in the house?” Garrett asked on our way home. I smiled, leaning my head against the window.

“Plenty. It’s all left over from when Ken stayed over when we were in South Carolina,” I told him, looking over.

“Excellent,” he said, nodding in approval. I laughed, yawning. “Hey, don’t tell me you’re tired.”

“I’m tired,” I told him, my voice flat.

“Cute,” he joked, looking over at me.

“I try,” I said with a wide smile. He slipped his hand into mine, raising it to his lips to kiss the back of my hand. “Can we just go to bed when we get home?”

He looked at me again as he came to a halt at a stop light. He pouted. “You promised Jack and sex.”

I laughed quietly. “You might get some of both, but I’m just exhausted.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” he grumbled, turning left when the light turned green.

“Don’t sass me, Mr. Nickelsen, or you will definitely regret it,” I warned him, raising my eyebrows at him.

“Oh, yeah? What are you gonna do about it?” he sneered, smiling softly.

“My legs can stay closed for the rest of your stay at home,” I suggested, shrugging dramatically.

He scoffed, turning onto our street. “You and I both know that that won’t happen.”

“And how’s that?”

“Because I’m just that irresistible.” He threw me a wink as he pulled into our driveway, putting the car in park.

“Oh, I’m sure,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Do you want to bet on that?”

“Bet on what, exactly?” I questioned as he opened my car door for me.

“That you can’t resist me.”

“Well, who says that you can resist me?”

“It is so on now. Fine, first person to cave and try to get with the other gets...I don’t know exactly. We’ll figure it out,” he said with a shrug, opening the front door and pushing it open. Sammy came running, barking a few times.

I won.

After Garrett had a few drinks of Jack, he was all over me. I had only had one drink in the time that Garrett had downed three, bragging the whole time about how he was going to win the bet no problem. I only smirked, nodding.

I might have laid it on a bit thick, changing out of my dress and heels in exchange for a push-up bra and a pair of running shorts, but a bet was a bet. By drink five, Garrett’s cheeks were flushed, his hair sticking to his forehead a bit.

“Baby?” he said softly, his fingers brushing over the skin of my knee. I was sitting on the counter of the island in the kitchen, my glass halfway to my mouth.

“Hmm?” I questioned, taking a swallow of the amber liquid in my glass.

“I’m drunk,” he told me as he exhaled, as though it wasn’t completely obvious. He was still fully dressed in his dinner attire, tie and all.

“I couldn’t tell.” I giggled quietly, pressing a hand against my mouth. He moved, standing between my legs, my knees on either side of his hips. I toyed with his tie as he looked me over, making me feel self-conscious.

“You’re beautiful,” he said, his words slurring together. I smiled, avoiding his eyes as a blush rushed to my cheeks. I brushed the damp hair off of his forehead and he leaned into my hand, his eyes lulling shut.

“Gare--” I started, but he shushed me. He kissed me softly, his hands finding my hips instantly. I could taste the whiskey on his lips and I took a hold of his tie, keeping him close to me. Chills ran down my spine as his fingers moved along my skin. It didn’t take long for me to pull at his tie, fumbling to undo the know. With shaking fingers, I struggled to unbutton his shirt for the second time that day.

In no time, his tie and shirt were on the floor as he lifted me off of the counter, his lips against my throat at that point. Rather than attempting to make it all the way to our room, he turned into the front living room, laying me down gently on the sofa before undoing his belt and climbing on top of me.

“Babe?” I said, his lips attached to my collar bone.

“Hmm?” Garrett hummed, his lips vibrating against my skin.

“I win,” I giggled before trying to hold back a quiet moan.

He let out an exasperated sigh, pulling away and leaning over me. “Do it look like I give a fuck?” I only shook my head, latching my arms around his neck, trying to pull him back down to me. “That’s what I thought,” he said before diving back in, kissing me fully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dinner and dessert.

Hiya. :3
Cute, spicy chapter, you like?

I'm in the process of planning/starting a new Garrett story, called On the Verge, so be on the look out for that.
Also, I started a Tumblr for my writing; I post previews, ideas, and random stuff that pertains to my writing.
http://corianneeworks.tumblr.com
http://corianneeworks.tumblr.com
http://corianneeworks.tumblr.com

COMMENT.
I want to get to 150 soon.