Status: will be active again asap! <3

Mean Guys.

Chapter Five

Having lunch with the plastics was like leaving the actual world and entering the gay world and gay world had a lot of rules.
“You cant wear a tank top two days in a row and you can only wear your hair in a bauble once a week
so i guess you picked today.” My fingers automatically touched the messy bun type thing I had done with my hair that morning being too lazy to actually straighten it.
“Oh and we only wear loose jeans and track pants on Fridays, you have to wear skinny jeans.” I got that one covered.
“Now if you break any of these rules you cant sit with us at lunch, i mean not just you, like any of us. Ok look, if i wasn’t wearing pink today, i would be sitting over there with the music freaks.”

They all looked over at Rian and Caleb who were playing around with their lunch meat.
“Oh and we always tell before we ask someone to have lunch with us, because you have to be considerate of the rest of the group. i mean you wouldn't buy a shirt without asking your friends first if it looks good on you.”
“I wouldn’t?” I never really went shopping, a lot of my clothes were from online stores and I’d never asked anyone else’s opinion before.
“right! oh and it's the same with guys like you may think you like someone but you could be wrong.”

Kyle finally spoke up, he was reading off the back of some kind of bar “120 calories and 48 calories from fat... what percent is that?”
“ errr..48 into 120?”
He frowned looking confused “im only eating food with less than 30% calories from fat”
“ its 40 percent” Everybody looked at me like I was some kind of an idiot or freak or something., “Well 48 into 120 equals x over 100 and then you cross multiply and get the value of x”

Kyle grabbed his tray and stood up “whatever im getting cheese fries” he walked away with a swish of his skinny little hips.
“So have you seen any guys that you think are cute yet?” Zack grinned at me.
“Urm…well there’s this guy in my music class who is…”
“Who is it!” Matt interrupted suddenly, looking at me like what I was about to say was going to be the most interesting thing I’ve said all week.
“its a senior?”
I took a deep breathe, there couldn’t be any harm is saying his name. “His name’s Jack Barakat.”

Matt gasped and Zack freaked out.
“NO! oh no, you can’t like Jack Barakat, that’s Kyle’s ex-boyfriend!”
Matt nodded in agreement moving closer to me “they went out for a year!”
“ yeah and then he was devastated when he broke up with him last summer.”
Matt stared at Zack with a confused and pretty thick expression on his face, “I thought Kyle brok up with him for Travis Clark?”

Zack glared at him, “ok regardless ex boyfriends are just off limits to friends. i mean that’s just like the rules of feminism! Don’t worry, ill never tell Kyle what you said. It'll be our little secret.”
Matt gave me a smile and nodded in agreement.

***

I sat in music class staring at the back of Jack’s head really not listening to a word the teacher was saying about Mozart. Even though i wasnt allowed to like Jack, i was still allowed to look at him, and think about him…and talk to him?
I walker over to him as we were leaving to room and opening my mouth to say hey Jack when a small girl with brown and blonde hair cut in front of me. She looked kind of geeky, but like she was trying her hardest to fit in.
“Hey you're the English guy right?”

I gave her a little nod and shyly said yeah.
“I’m Cassadee Pope, captain of the Dulaney band group. We participative in band competitions with other schools around the state and we would get twice as much funding if we had a guy. so you should think about joining.”
Mr Maker looked up and smiled “oh you would be perfect for it.”
I nodded not wanting to say no “yeah definitely”
“great let me give you my card” Cassadee smiled as she handed over a piece of paper that read
‘Casse P, Flute Player/Bad Ass’
“Ok so ugh think it over cause we'd like to get jackets” she walked away and I stood on the spot for a few moments kind of confused.

***

I walked down the front off the school past the football fields, I could see Jack playing which was surprising, he was really skinny and scrawny and I didn’t expect him to be the type of person ho played football. I waved at him and he waved back with a smile and a hey. Kyle pulled up in his car behind me and honked his horn, I turned round and smiled.
“Get in loser we're going shopping”
Kyle is like the ken doll i never had, id never seen anybody so perfect. I walked towards the car and got in.

When at the mall we walked down past all the shops “so how do you like Dulaney?” Zack smiled
“oh its good, im thinking about joining band club.”
Kyle stopped walking and faced me “no! no no, you cannot do that! that’s social suicide. damn you are so lucky you have us to guide you.”
I looked away and saw Rian working in a store, I waved and continued walking with the plastics.

Zack stopped walking “Oh god there’s Jonathan!”
“Where? ohh there he is.”
Zack bit his lip looking upset “ugh! and he’s with Jess Bowen.”
“I heard they’re going out,” Matt frowned.
“Wait, Jonathan’s not going out with jess. No. He cannot blow you off like that! he is such a little skeez. Gimme your phone.” Kyle held his hand out to Zack who looked at him worriedly.
“Oh you’re not gonna call him right?” He handed over the phone.

Kyle gave her a disgusted look “do you think im an idiot?”
“No..uh no.”
Kyle walked down and out of sight of Jonathan and Jess "Bowen on south boulevard"
Zack ran after him “caller id.”
“not when you connect from information”

“Hello may i please speak to Jess Bowen?” he paused for an answer. “Oh this is Steve from planned parenthood, i have her test results, if you could have her give me a call as soon as she can, its urgent. thank you.”
He hung up and grinned evilly “She’s not going out with anyone.”
Zack laughed “ok that was so fetch”

I stayed and watched as Jess picked up her cell, it being her mother who had called. I felt terrible, it wasn’t her fault Jonathan was being a ‘skeez’ as Kyle called him.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yes. finally some more :)

comments make me want to write faster ;D
<3