We Are

1/1

A blood stain soaks through my white t-shirt and it's not my blood. I bundle up a wad of kinky yellow hair and drag the bitch and she claws and begs and shouts a chain of obscenities at me, but all I care about is my money and my pride. She peels my skin away with her long, grimy fingernails and I push her against the bricks of my apartment building and deliver a hard blow across her jaw bone. My breath smells like beer and cigarettes and it makes me cringe after I finish screaming in her ugly face. There's a thick layer of clownish make-up caked onto her face and it looks like she's wearing a mask.

"Por favor, déjame ir!" she cries. I slap her because she only talks Spanish and I cannot understand what she's babbling on about as I attempt to drag her stupid ass up the stairs. She clings to the railing but I manage to get her to climb the steps to my apartment. When I get inside all of my friends are smoking pot and cheer me on and some fire shots through the opened windows because I have finally become a man, and to prove it they had even carved a star into my chest later on.

I wonder if she can see the fear in me, because her copper eyes glisten and her eyelids are edged with tears but I see no definite signs of foreboding. I reach my room and throw her down onto my bed, nearly ripping her slutty red dress off. Her body is painted with bruises and cuts and blood and I don't even care. After the filthy lingerie comes off I unbuckle my belt and pull the zipper down on my pants all the while holding the girl down by her throat. One neverending scream of agony and three pumps later she's rolled over onto her stomach on the bedroom floor, she bleeds from her private area and runs for the door without taking her clothes.

"You're mine now, bitch!" I shout through my bedroom door. "Don't think about hiding, because I will find you!"

Derek pulls me into a brotherly hug and pats my face several times before smiling with one golden tooth. "Fuck, Darrell. You handled that well, I say that's good enough." It's not long before someone who I think is Ossie tosses me my honorary black t-shirt and I slip it on before anyone has the chance to take it from me.

"You're the king tonight." I whisper and my words float on across the pungent air and everyone grins at me with darkly-lit faces and rhinestones in their chains. I pull a gun from my pocket and walk to the window, preparing to let a few rounds go through the purple night sky. It leads me to wonder if the bitch's hair was really a wig or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying new things out.