Dorian.

III

Dorian
I sat in my car in the parking lot of Forks High School just trying to keep it together, things had already gone badly, due to the rain I’d not been able to see the grey BMW that was coming toward me as I waited to turn into the car park, I, assuming it was clear pulled in, hearing the squeal of brakes as the BMW avoided hitting me.

I pulled into a space and just sat there, I didn’t want to meet the driver of the other car, it was probably some size 0, blond cheerleader with nails long enough to scratch my eyes out, no thanks, not on my first day.
Now, I should have reported to front desk 5 minutes ago but I wasn’t quite ready yet and if they asked why I was late I could just blame it on the rain. I switched the radio off, put my hood up and readied myself for the mad dash it would be to get the door and remain reasonably dry.

Now or never, I thought, never sounded okay to me, I push the door open and stepped straight into a huge puddle, I sighed, slammed the door shut and ran.
At front desk I gave my name which was exchanged for a timetable and a map, I thanked them and headed off to my first class; math.

I didn’t need to use the map, it wasn’t hard to find the maths corridor, I just had to follow the smell of wet nerd.
I was introduced in front of the whole class.

‘This is Dorian Vishniya and she’s new here’ my math teacher, Mr Strathmore said, standing me in front of 25 other people, all of whom where nothing like me, here it seemed that everyone took, at least to some degree, a interest in fashion or at least what was chic were as my look went out in the 80’s, my piercings and my dyed black hair stuck out too, there wasn’t a single other person with metal in their face. They were all just staring at me as I squirmed awkwardly under their burning gazes.

‘You can sit at the back’ Mr Strathmore said, pointing to an empty double desk at the back of the room, I sat on the chair nearest the window so that I could look out over the sports field and watch the football players battle on thought the rain.

‘Okay, trigonometry’ Mr Strathmore began, I sat and half listened to him banging on, I already knew what he was talking about, I understood it too and didn’t need to learn it again. The thing is with maths is that it makes sense, it always makes sense because all the numbers follow the rules and that’s just the way it is, not like people who were irrational and emotional and sometimes just plain crazy.

Come lunch time I was proud to say that I’d not upset any one, or even spoken to anyone for that matter. The culmination of my name, my face and the fact I was new seemed enough for people to stay away from me and I was okay with that really. I sat alone and just watched everyone else, I was trying to figure out if this high school was just like my old one.
All the people looked vaguely similar, I could spot the bullies and the bullied, the queens bees and there pathetic little workers, I could see the social outcasts, who like me were sitting alone.
I came to the conclusion during that hour that all schools are the same, it’s just the names that change.

The rest of the day was much the same, quiet and lonely not that I was minding that much, maybe it would be a good thing if I never made a name for myself here, because if no know knows who you are then you have nothing to live up to.
I managed to leave the car park without incident, which was quite a relief really. I headed off the direction of La Push, longing to be back within the safety of the house.

Today hadn’t been all bad, I mean, I could have been a hell of a lot worse but then again it could have been better but more like this and things weren’t going to be too bad here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two words; character development.
Jacob will be showing his pretty face ever so soon.

Vishniya= Vish-nee-a

Love and shoes to all my readers, commenters and subscribers.