Dorian.

IV

Dorian
When I arrived back in La Push Michael and Janna were out, leaving me the house to myself, now I was naturally curious and couldn’t resist the chance to have a look around the rest of the house.

Michael and Janna’s room was on the top of my list, it was opposite my own, it had the same light pine, plain wood door. I slowly pushed it open and much to my disappointment I found it to be very normal, boring even. The walls were a pale cream colour and empty, the bed sheets were a dark blue and matched the curtains. There was only a little furniture and even less decoration, the thing was a small photo graph on a bedside table, it caught my interest because it was the only thing in the room that made it look like someone lived here, it was a small, black and white photo and from the door I couldn’t make out any detail, I moved toward it and it soon became clear that it was a ultra-sound image, a chill ran though me, was this Michael and Janna’s child? I lifted the small frame from the table to get an even closer look at it and sure enough Janna’s name was printed on the top left hand corner. I puzzled for a second, either they had a kid that didn’t live here anymore or they’d lost it. My hands began to shake; I’d opened up a whole can of worms here, a whole part of Michael and Janna that I’d have to learn about. I put the photograph back and decided that I didn’t want to do any more exploring.

I retreated to my room and flung myself onto my bed and closed my eyes. The mystery ultra sound was weighing heavy on my mind.
There was a knock at the door, it echoed through the empty house and brought me back to reality. I moved slowly, as if moving though water toward the front door.

I pulled it open, there was a boy, about my age with short dark hair and big dark eyes. He smiled on seeing me, his smile was beautiful it was cheeky and innocent and made me want to smile back, I didn’t.

‘Hi’ I said flatly, it didn’t matter how beautiful his smile was, he wasn’t about to change my mood.

‘Hey, is Michael in?’ he asked

I shook my head and started chewing on my thumb nail

‘Oh okay, can you tell him that Billy wants to talk to him?’ he said, still smiling.

‘Yeah, sure’ I replied, shutting the door in his face. I dragged myself into the kitchen and the boy vanished from my mind, after all, I didn’t have time for reasonably good looking boys anyway.
I headed back upstairs and plugged my iPod into the dock and relaxed to the heavy bass and screaming vocals of Escape The Fate, when they had Ronnie.

Michael and Janna came home just after 7, laden with grocery bags. The rest of the evening passed without incident, I passed the message on to Michael after almost forgetting. As I climbed into bed that night I couldn’t help thinking that if every day was going to be like this, peaceful but lonely, then maybe things would be okay.

The next two days (Thursday and Friday) passed without notable incident. At school I was like a ghost and at Michael and Janna’s thing were pretty much the same but at least they knew I existed and did take the time out to talk to me.

I was trying to make sure they thought I was okay when really I was haunted, tormented and fighting internal battles that no one else could comprehend. I didn’t know what to do, I guessed that I would just have to wait for time to heal my wounds, that or drive me insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I know... sorry loves.
Saint Imi is a very busy and tired girl but she loves you all dearly.

Love and minibrakes for all my readers, commenters and subscribers.