Dorian.

VI

Dorian
‘Favourite horror movie?’ Jacob asked, I sighed. ‘Is this how you get to know everybody?’
I asked. We’d been at his house for almost an hour now and pretty much all he’d done was ask me questions; from what my favourite colour was to which Disney prince I liked the most.

‘Hey, you can’t answer and question with a question’ he chided, shaking his head. I sighed again.

‘Okay, um Children of the Corn’ I replied after a few seconds thought.

‘Hmm, good choice’ he said, screwing up his face while he tried to think of another question.
Jacob’s house wasn’t that dissimilar to Michael and Janna’s although there was a considerable amount more mess. I could tell that it was home to two men.
There were pictures of Jacob all over the place, he was clearly a well loved boy, we were sat in the living room, lounging about on the large sofas, Jacob was continuingly throwing a ball up and down while we talked.

‘Okay, Dorian, lest favourite book?’ he asked smiling, his eyes watching me closely.

‘Urh Enduring Love’ I replied, almost physically shuddering at the memory of that awful book that I’d been forced to read in school.

‘Okay, favourite?’

‘Memoirs Of A Geisha’ I replied. Jacob nodded, looking thoughtful.

‘Jacob, I think you may know know just about everything about me now’ I mused, watching him for a few seconds while he concentrated on the ball in his hand.

‘You can ask me one if you like’ he said, meeting my gaze.

‘Just the one?’I asked, he nodded smirking.

‘Fine, um’ I racked my brains for something probing but not intrusive, I chew on my lip for a few seconds.

‘God, I don’t know?!’ I exclaimed, feeling slightly annoyed that I couldn’t come up anything.
Jacob chuckled, ‘You can just get to know me the old fashioned way then’ he said running his fingers though his hair.

The last hour and a half had been the most enjoyable I’d had in a long time, Jacob was so easy to get along with, he made me feel at ease, made me want to laugh and to totally be myself. Plus, he was rather gorgeous.
We lulled into a comfortable silence, I took the time again to look around the room.

‘Catch!’ Jacob suddenly yelled as he threw the ball at me, it caught me unaware and hit me in the face, just below my eye.

‘Oh my God. I’m so sorry!’ he cried, leaping from his seat and taking hold of my unharmed cheek and turning my head a little so he could the damage. I blinked hard, feeling dazed. I reached out and grabbed hold of the closest, steadiest thing I could and that just so happened to be the front of Jacob’s shirt.

‘I think you have a thing about hurting me’ I said, enjoying the feeling of his hot hand on my cheek.

‘I hope not’ he replied sounding remorseful.

I gently touched where the ball had hit me, the area was tender and hot where all the blood had rushed to it.

‘Is it okay?’ he asked, letting go of my other cheek.

‘It’s fine’ I replied, ‘No harm done’

‘I’ve only just met you and I’ve ready hurt you twice’ Jacob looked a little embarrassed.

‘Well, at least your making sure I’ll never forget you’ I said, suddenly I felt myself smiling, the feeling was almost alien but now I was doing it, I didn’t want to stop, Jacob smiled too.
I still had a handful of Jacob’s shirt, I glanced down and quickly let go. Jacob moved back to his seat, still smiling.
My eyes roved around the room again.

‘Where’s your mom?’ I asked, noticing that there were no pictures of anyone who could have been his mother.

‘She passed away’, he paused for a second, staring off unto the distance. I felt like I’d been doused in cold water.

‘I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have asked’ I mumbled.

‘No, it’s cool, it was a long time ago’ he replied, shrugging his shoulders. The air was filled with an awkward silence, I wished I’d never opened my mouth.

‘You wanna watch a movie?’ he asked, seemingly back to his normal happy self.

‘Sure, what you got?’ I replied, hoping that I wouldn’t upset him again anytime soon.

‘We’ve got everything’ he said laughing, he climbed out his seat and went over to the cabinet next to the tv.

‘Well, it's my house, so I’ll pick’ he said, running his finger along the spines of the cases.

‘Wait, doesn’t the guest pick the movie’ I said smirking.

‘Not in this house Dorian’ he replied, pulling a case out and switching on the tv.

I smirked again and snuggled myself into the sofa, Jacob came to sit beside me this time, not so close that he was touching me but close enough that I could feel his warmth and hear his gentle, rhythmic breathing. I glanced at his profile quickly and smiled. This was strange, here I was, smiling and enjoying myself with a boy who I’d just met. What on earth was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure this counts as filler... Yeah I can't pass this off as character development any more...
Anyway, love and lieins for my readers, commenters and subscribers.