Dorian.

VII

I glanced out the window, thinking I saw movement out there.
‘Oh shit!’ I exclaimed, jumping off the sofa.

‘What? What? What?’ Jacob demanded, his voice full of panic as he jumped up to stand beside me.

‘It’s dark!’ I exclaimed, clutching my hair ‘I should have been back hours ago!’ I explained, fidgeting from one for to another.

‘How do I get back from here?’ I asked desperately.

‘There’s no way you’re walking back at this time, I’ll give you a ride’ he replied, stretching his long arms above his head.

‘Thanks’ I mumbled.

‘No problem’ he replied, flashing me his pretty smile.

I followed him out of the house, outside the rain had stopped but it was now painfully cold, the air formed clouds as he breathed, Jacob lead me away from the house to a small shed come workshop that loomed out of the darkness about 200 yards from the house, inside there was junk everywhere, car and bike parts lay over all the work surfaces and the floor, it smelt like oil and mud. Jacob picked up to helmets from the side and handed me one. He pulled the bike from the centre of the room and climbed on.

‘Come on’ he said motioning for me to climb on the back, I reluctantly climbed on the back, slipping my arms around his waist.

‘Hold on tight’ he said, I could hear the smirk in his voice as he turned the key and revved the engine.
My arms tightened around his body, I held onto him for dear life, I pressed my cheek against his broad back so I didn’t feel like the wind was going to rip my head off.

We soon pulled but in front of Michael and Janna’s, I felt a little apprehensive, I didn’t want them to be mad with me already but they couldn’t expected me to stay cooped up all day. I climbed off the back of the bike and pulled the helmet off.

‘Thanks’ I said, handing it back, my lips pulling into a smile. He smiled back.
‘See you later’ he said.

I turned and dashed up the steps to the front door, I pulled it open and stepped inside.

‘Janna?’ I called, shutting the door behind me, I hear the roar of the bike was Jacob pulled away.

‘Dorian’ she said, appearing around the kitchen door.

‘Where have you been missy?’ she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

‘I went for a walk’ I replied shrugging

‘And came home on a motorbike?’ she asked sarcastically.

‘I met this guy, Jacob and he gave me a lift home’ I answered. Janna nodded slowly, her eyes brows furrowed.

‘Jacob Black?’ she asked.

‘I guess so, we didn’t get into last names’ I said defiantly.

‘Okay, well leave a note or something next time you decide to head out of the day, okay?’ she said, stepping back into the kitchen.

I took this as the conversation being over and headed up the stairs to my room. I lay down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, I could feel a small smile playing on my lips. It was nice to know at least one other person here, it didn’t make school any better but it meant that there was now someone I could hang out with at home, that was if he wanted to.
I heard Michael returning home about half an hour after me.

‘Dory?’ he called up the stairs.

‘Yeah?’

‘I heard you Jake Black today’ Michael stated.

‘Yeah, yeah I did’ I replied.

‘That’s good, Jacob is a good kid’ he paused ‘Dinner will be in 10’

I heard him walking away and begin talking to Janna, this was a small place everyone knew everyone else’s business, nothing would stay secret in La Push for every long, at least it seemed to Janna hadn’t told Michael that I’d disappeared without anyone knowing.
Dinner went without painful interrogation, I made a metal note to not do it again, I wasn’t sure Janna would stay quiet another time.

After dinner I decided that I should spent my evening being anti-social with my nose stuck in a book, my copy of Salem’s Lot is so well read that it had begun to fall apart but I couldn’t bring myself to replace it, it had at one time been my mom’s.

I seemed to lose track of the time, being brought back to reality when my phone buzzed, I unlocked the key pad to find a new message from Jacob, I smiled a little.

Hey, I hope you didn’t get into trouble, wanna hang out tomorrow? J
I was touched that he’s taken the time to check that I’d not been eaten alive or anything. I replied;

No trouble , thanks for the lift, tomorrow sounds greats any ideas?

It seemed to take Jacob only seconds to get back to me.
Beach? I’ll pick you up at 11

I assumed the question mark was only there out of politeness, he’d clearly made up his mind what he wanted to do. I replied letting him know that I was okay with that and that I’d be ready when he arrived .
After another chapter or two I jumped in the shower, I couldn’t help wondering if the beach would be any fun in La Push, the rain might ruin it really, I imagined that it would be grey just the rest of Washington.

Once in my pj’s and tucked up in my bed I was asleep before I even knew I was tired. Good days are always followed by restful nights.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do love taking my time :)
I'm trying to make this a little different to other JB fan fics, I know its got a pretty type-cast story line so far but I'm want this to feel a little more 'real-life' than others I've seen.
So just be patient with me.

Love and sunnydays to my readers, commenters and subscribers.