Status: Active

Enchantress

Chapter 2

I walked back through the maze like corridors until I reached the reception area.

The reception area was decorated with the same marble as the rest of the rooms and corridors around here, but the room had a nice fell to it, even though I had no idea why.

It had a nice little seating area with a couple of couches, chairs and a table.

To the far corner was the elevator to the tunnels that lead to the streets of Volterra.

And to the over side of the room, was a wooden desk.

With Gianna sat behind it.

She was leaning over a desk answering a phone call.

I could hear that it was just some boring business call for Aro.

I silently walked over to her desk and sat on the edge of it and waited silently for her to finish the call.

When she looked up she gave a slight jump. I lightly chuckled.

Gianna was a beautiful girl even for a human; she had slightly curled chocolate drown hair and sea green eyes.

“Good afternoon, Anastasia. Is there anything I can help you with?” She gave me a friendly smile.

“Yes, there is actually. I was wondering who is going to leave the castle to do errands today?”

She looked on her computer and answered. “Santiago will be coming this way any minute to leave. Is there any reason you need him?”

I laughed. She may be my friend, but she can be very curious when it came to our vampires business.

“No, not really him pacifically, anyone would do. I just need a letter delivered as soon as possible, that’s all.” I said with a shrug.

“Yes Anastasia. If you would like, I could give him the letter for you.” She smiles politely at me.

“If you wouldn’t mind, thank you Gianna.” I give her the letter and walk back through the marble hall until I was stood outside Jane room.

I knocked Jane’s bedroom door and waited.

I heard her say a quiet childlike ‘enter’ and I slowly opened the door.

I loved Jane’s room. The carpet was black and so were the walls, all the fabric on the furniture was ruby red and then there was a four-post bed in the middle of one of walls had sheets, pillows and the curtain draped down off the bed were also ruby red.

I loved what she did with the colours, it was very Jane.

Jane was sat by the window; the light was shining through and was making her skin glisten, like there were tiny diamonds incrusted into her skin.

She placed her book down and smiled sweetly at me.

Jane’s blonde hair was tied back in a tight bun and her eyes rimmed with back eyeliner as usual.

Jane had always been like a little sister to me, ever since she and Alec were changed.

“Anna.” She stood up and came over and hugged me.

When she finally let me go, she looked up at me still smiling. “What can I do for you?” She chirped.

I smiled back at her. “I just came to see what you were doing.”

“Yeah, I missed you after dinner. What was up?” Jane grabbed my hand and dragged me over to sit on the edge of the bed next to her.

“Carlisle Cullen sent me a letter and I left to respond to it, that’s all.” I shrugged.

She looked at me confused. “What, one of the Cullen’s wrote you a letter?”

I nodded

Her face was like an open book right now and I could see that she was getting angrier by the second.

“What did it say and why would one of those, human loving disgusting people sent you a letter?” She said in a rush.

Jane was going into one of her overprotective, angry moods.

I knew how much Jane hated that Bella girl, she hated her because her gift wouldn’t work on her.

Now she and some of the other member of the Volturi even hate the name Cullen.

“Jane, calm down please.” I said still smiling at her.

“What did he want?”

“Carlisle, was just asking me something, it was silly to be honest. It was nothing really.” I hated lying to Jane. But I had to if I told her she would go straight to my father.

Jane and my father would never let me go.

Jane sighed, calming down. “Ok, but thanks for telling me about it. It means a lot when it comes from you.”

Jane smiled and so did I. “Why wouldn’t I tell my best friend, who in fact is like a sister to me?”

God I hat lying.

Jane’s smile widened and she hugged me.

“I’m going to get going then, Caius is probably wondering where I am by now.” I stood up.

“Ok, I’ll see you later.” Jane gave me a wave and I made my way towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter.
If there are any grammer or spelling errors please tell me, i still haven't got a new editor.
Comment, subscribe
banners are welcome.