Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

1

I sat in my empty bedroom, wondering what I had done to deserve this. Four years of something worse than juvie for one little mistake. I don't even think what I did was all that wrong. But my parents sure thought differently. I slowly rolled off of my coverless bed and trudged down the stairs and out of the house to the car. I opened the door to the back of my dad's Subaru and hopped in. All of my stuff was packed and I was not excited. My little sister sat in the back next to me, grinning devilishly. She was just excited to be an only child for a little while. My parents finally got in the car.
"Daniel Jacob Kennedy, I can't believe we have to do this to you," my mom said. She was close to tears when I got my acceptance letter to the place I can barely mention. I slumped in my seat and waited for the ride to the bus to be over.
When we entered the bus boarding station, my dad unloaded the trunk with my suitcases and whatnot. He helped me carry them to the ticket booth.
"One ticket for the Grim Reaper bus please," Dad said to the attendant.
"Good luck," the attendant said, as she handed me my ticket.
We walked to the platform where the Grim Reaper bus stood. The bus driver was loading people's suitcases into the side. I walked up to him, and gave him my bags. He told me keep my ticket until I boarded the bus. I slowly walked back to my parents.
"Is all of this really necessary?" I asked them.
"Yes. We need you to understand that what you did was wrong. This will give you a chance to think about that and understand," my mom told me. She gave me a hug and kissed me on the forehead.
"Dad, there has got to be a different way to teach me a lesson."
"Sorry, Daniel, but there's nothing I can do now." My sister stuck her tongue out at me as the bus driver called all aboard. My mom hugged me one more time. I gave the driver my ticket and boarded the bus to something similar to Hell.