Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

12

We walked out of the gates and into the town, only five minutes away. Since it was a Saturday, there were a lot of people around, especially from HATT. I was hoping that whatever restaurant we went into we would be able to get a table.
"Let's go to Hanford's," Stephanie said, breaking our awkward silence. "Gwen says they have really good food in there."
"Fine by me," I answered as we headed in the direction of the restaurant.
When we got in there, we had to wait about five minutes to get a table. It seemed like a bunch of other kids had the same idea about going out today. I saw tables of people from school and some of them were even in my classes. The hostess showed us to our tables and gave us menus. Our table had a really nice view of some of the surrounding shops and restaurants in town.
"Do you see anything that looks good?" I asked Stephanie.
"Oh I've got one thing in mind." She flashed me a very white smile.
The waiter came and took our drink orders. We both ordered Cokes. They try to be super healthy with us at school and the fountain drinks are off limits to students. Then we ordered our meals. I ordered a burger and Stephanie ordered the house salad with bean salsa. We were having a really good time talking while we waited for our food, when I saw a familiar face standing outside the window. Adam was talking to a model like girl with wavy blond hair and bright blue eyes. The worst part was that Adam saw me too.
"Uh oh," I said quietly.
"What is it?" Stephanie asked me.
"You'll see in a minute." She looked very confused until she saw Adam come in with his date.
"Oh," she said.
"Hey!" Adam shouted from across the room. He and his date walked over to our table. "Daniel, Stephanie, this is my girlfriend Mia."
"Which one of you is Daniel and which one of you is Stephanie?" she asked us.
"I'm Stephanie," Stephanie answered.
"So who's Daniel?"
"I thought it would be pretty straight forward, but I'm Daniel," I told her.
Adam pulled up two chairs and the pair sat down with us. The waiter came back and asked them what they wanted to eat.
"I'll have the house special and a Ginger Ale," Adam said.
"I'll have an ice water with lemon and a green salad with no dressing just greens," Mia ordered.
"Are you sure you're not going to get hungry?" Adam asked her.
"No. I need to watch my figure."
"Are you a model?" Stephanie asked.
"Yeah, how did you know?"
"Lucky guess."
"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked Adam. I was really annoyed because I had asked Stephanie out so I could get to know her better.
"I was just showing Mia around her new campus when I figured let's go into town!"
"You just got transferred to HATT?" Stephanie asked. "What did you do?"
"I made a fake sex tape so I could come here and see Adam every day instead of just holiday breaks," Mia said. "And it is so worth it."
"What dorm are you staying in?" I asked her.
"Botox, room C12."
"That's my room," Stephanie said, not sounding too excited.
"Cool. You can show me around some more."
Our food finally came and Mia barely touched her salad, while Adam scarfed down his boca burger.
"So what are you guys going to do after this?" Adam asked.
"We were going to catch the new Steve Carell movie," Stephanie replied.
"Oh cool. Steve Carell is hilarious. We can all go together," Mia said.
"Great idea, babe!" Adam kissed her on the cheek. He took out his wallet and paid for the bill. "Lunch is on me. The movie is your, Daniel."
I was not too thrilled about the way my date with Stephanie had just turned into a double date, but I was going to be a trooper. I would survive!
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE WHEN YOU POST COMMENTS, IT MAKES ME REALLY GLAD,TO SEE PEOPLE ARE READING, OR IF THIS BOOK'S A FAD!
POST COMMENTS!