Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

16

After dinner, all of the students on the "volunteer" list were asked to stay for a planning meeting. When someone says planning meeting at HATT, they really mean work your asses off until you fall out.

I worked alongside Adam's brother David. We were assigned to put up banners all over campus.

"So you're my little brother's roommate?" he asked as he flipped his hair out of his eyes. Damn. He was so much like Adam. Now I know where it came from.

"Yeah. We have another roommate, but we don't really talk to him," I answered.

"You mean that Nicholas kid? I don't blame you. He's a complete nerd. I've seen him in some of the senior classes. What's up with that? If you already stick out, you shouldn't make yourself stick out more." We looked over at Nicholas who was working with Stephanie and Mia. He was unsuccessfully trying to show Mia how to work a drill gun so they could easily drill in the screws that were missing on some of the buildings.

"But, he could be here for reasons other than what he's telling you," David said.

"He said his brother went here."

"But he could be lying. If you want, I can go check the library records and see if anyone with the last name Dean ever came here before him. How long ago did he say his brother came?" David asked.

"He told me and Adam ten years ago," I told David truthfully. "How do you get access to those records?"

"Well, you're really only allowed to use them for this family history project in your sophomore year, but I have ways of getting things, you know?"

"No I don't know. Dude, I'm not even sure what the hell I did to end up here!" I held the ladder steady as he stepped up.

"Daniel, chill. It's okay. Not all of us know why we're here. Just calm down and hand me the hammer."

'Don't you need nails?"

"Nah, I always keep some extras in my pocket. It's great for putting on teachers' seats," David said as he pulled a nail out of his pocket and stuck it near his butt, just in case I didn't get the message.

I rolled my eyes. Now I knew why Adam loved to pull so many pranks. I also knew I'd better not put my ass down on any chair that was at least six feet within David.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I'M GETTING COMMENTS BUT I DON'T THINK I'M GETTING ENOUGH FEEDBACK! COME ON AND TELL ME HOW I'M DOING!