Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

2

I took a seat at the back of the bus and stared out the window. My parents and sister were already leaving the station. They were going to continue on with their normal lives as if none of this had ever happened. I would be stuck somewhere I didn't want to be. I wouldn't see them again until June. I felt like crying, but I didn't. The bus slowly moved away from the platform. No sooner than the bus started moving, I fell asleep.
An hour later, I woke up and the scenery had changed drastically. The sky was no longer blue. It was more of a brownish red. All of the plants were dead. There was no sound of birds chirping or anything. Besides the group of buses headed where we were going, there was no sound at all.
Fifteen minutes later, the buses arrived at a very tall iron gate. On the top of the gate were the letters HATT. That stood for Hell's Academy for Troubled Teens. I really didn't think I was a troubled teen until I got my acceptance letter to this hole at the end of eighth grade. The gates were opened by a grim reaper guard and the buses entered the school grounds. It was a pretty dismal place. The buildings were all the same rusted color and the signs were very old. When the buses were parked, students filed off and found their bags. There was a small stage set up with a table and a podium. Students were told to wait there until further notice. A tall man soon walked on stage carrying four folders stuffed with papers. He set the folders on the table, where four people quietly took seats behind it. The tall man ran his fingers through his bright red hair and walked to the podium.
"Hello students!" he said cheerfully. "I am Headmaster Sid Wilkins. Welcome to another year at Hell's Academy for Troubled Teens." Nobody clapped at that remark.
"You are all here because we feel you need to change your attitudes unless you want to end up in Hell forever someday. This academy will teach you to become less troubled people. Four years is all it takes to whip you into shape. And now you will receive your schedules and dorm assignments. Freshman first."
Freshman were called in alphabetical order by first name. I wasn't too far from the beginning. I stepped onstage when my name was called and received my schedule from the first lady at the table. It came with a rule packet and my dorm assignment. After you were called you were supposed to gather your bags and find your dorm. Nobody was supposed to help you find it. I hurried along looking at my schedule as I did:
Monday Tuesday Wednesday
7-8 Breakfast 7-8 Breakfast 7-8 Breakfast
8-9 Community Service 8-9 Independent Study 8-9 Biology
9-10 Math 9-10 History 9-10 Community Service
10-11 History 10-11 Community Service 10-11 English
11-12 English 11-12 Biology 11-12 Independent Study
12-1 Lunch 12-1 Lunch 12-1 Lunch
1-2 Independent Study 1-2 English 1-2 Math
2-3 Biology 2-3 Math 2-3 History
3-4 Community Service 3-4 Community Service 3-4 Community Service
4-6 Free Time 4-6 Free Time 4-6 Free Time
6-7 Dinner 6-7 Dinner 6-7 Dinner
Thursday Friday Saturday- Activities
7-8 Breakfast 7-8 Breakfast
8-9 English 8-9 History
9-10 Biology 9-10 Independent Study
10-11 Independent Study 10-11 Math
11-12 Community Service 11-12 Biology
12-1 Lunch 12-1 Lunch
1-2 History 1-2 Community Service
2-3 Math 2-3 English
3-4 Community Service 3-4 Community Service
4-6 Free Time 4-6 Free Time
6-7 Dinner 6-7 Dinner
My schedule was jumbled and pretty hard to read. But I eventually figured it out.
Hell's Academy for Troubled Teens Rules and Expectations
1. Lights out means lights out.
2. NO roaming around the campus after lights out.
3. Homework is required and incomplete homework or forgetting homework all together can result in detention or community service instead of activities on Saturday.
4. Coming to class is mandatory. Skipping class or being late can result in detention or community service.
5. Community service must be completed twice a day.
6. If you are sick, ask a friend to bring a work packet to the infirmary for you. You should not miss out on academic material.
7. Under no circumstances are you to leave the school grounds without an adult.
8. Mail pick-up and delivery is once a week on Wednesdays.
9. Washing machines are open from 8 am to 7 pm every day.
10. Dorms must be clean before leaving at the end of the school year.
11. Dorm inspections will be held every month. If dorms are not clean, you will miss Saturday activities and stay back to clean your room.
12. Enjoy your stay!

They put me on the third floor of the Crackhead dorm. I've never done drugs, so I'm not too sure what that was all about. I guess they were just looking for cool names. I don't want to room with a crackhead. And I don't know what they were talking about if your dorm's not clean. For a guy, I'm a relatively neat person. I hurried down the sidewalk until I found the Crackhead boys dorm and opened the door.