Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

3

The door creaked open as I turned the knob. I saw a lot of guys my age looking for their dorms and running through the house. It was pretty dark in there. There was a small common area with a dusty couch and an armchair. On the first floor, there were three doors, each leading to a dorm. My dorm was on the third floor so I took a deep breath and climbed the squeaky staircase.
I finally reached the third floor. It was really warm up there, and I was hoping someone brought a fan with them. There were two sides on the hall and I walked down the left side. Each side had six doors. My dorm was C6. I slowly made my way down the hall and turned the knob and entered my room for the next year.
Inside were three beds: a single and a bunk bed. I was the second person in the room and the single bed was already taken. I walked in and dropped my stuff on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed. At the top of my suitcase were the bed linens my mom packed for me. I got to work unfolding them and making my bed. While I was making my bed, my first roommate entered the room. Obviously, he had gone to the bathroom. He came back in, but I think I scared him when I tried to say hi.
"What the hell, man?" he shouted.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."
"It's okay. I've been a little high strung as of late." He flipped his blond hair out of his eyes and held out his hand. "I'm Adam Finn. I guess we'll be rooming together this year."
"Daniel Kennedy," I said as I shook his hand. I went back to making my bed. Adam started throwing clothes into drawers.
"My brother has been going here for a while. This is his junior year. He's so lucky," Adam said.
"What did you get in trouble for?"
"Absolutely nothing. At this school, if you have a sibling or relative that went here at some point, you automatically get accepted. My uncle went here so me and my brother were just accepted in."
"That's rough. But it means my little sister is in for one hell of a ride come high school." I smiled as I finished making my bed. I started putting some clothes into my drawers as my last roommate entered. He wore glasses and was constantly pushing them up on his face. He timidly walked into the room.
"Is this dorm C6?" he asked.
"You bet!" Adam said. "Welcome to the Crackhead house!"
"No comment." He rolled his suitcase into the room. He looked around with a weary eye. He seemed like the kind of guy that didn't belong at a school for troubled teens. Silently, he unpacked and folded everything neatly into the remaining drawers. He even had a toiletry bag with his name embroidered in it: Nicholas Dean.
"So I guess your name is Nicholas. I'm Daniel and that's Adam." I extended my hand and he shook it.
"Nice to meet you both. You can call me Nick," he said.
"So Nick what are you in for?" Adam asked.
"My older brother came here ten years ago. I got accepted and my parents wanted to send me so I might get over my fear issues."
Adam gave me a weird glance. I was glad he thought this guy was a nerd too. Nick started to climb up the ladder to the top bunk when there was a knock on the door and he fell off. I tried to suppress my laughter, but Adam lost it. He quickly went to open the door. A tall guy with a clipboard was standing there.
"Welcome to Hell's Academy for Troubled Teens. I'm the Crackhead dorm assistant, Jake. How are things going for you guys?"
"Just fine I guess," I answered.
"Good. You guys have about half an hour until dinner so keep settling in." He checked some boxes off of his list.
"Could you by any chance lead me to the infirmary?" Nick asked. He was a bit cut up from his fall.
"Sure. Just follow me." Jake told us to come down to dorm A2 if we needed anything then ushered Nick out of the room.
"God that guy is a sissy," Adam said, referring to Nick.
"Maybe we should just get to know him," I suggested.
"I'll get to know him alright when I pull some good pranks on him." Adam jumped on his bed and chuckled.