Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

4

Twenty minutes later, Nick came back in the room, with a band-aid and finished making his bed. Jake came back and told us that our mailboxes were in the main hall of the dorm and we could give any outgoing mail to him.
I was just turning on my laptop when a bell sounded, which meant it was time for dinner. I opened the door and Adam and Nick followed me out. Now there were more people in the hallway, because we were all settled in and had been sent to our rooms.
As we walked outside, people were already starting to form little cliques. I figured some of them were returning students that had siblings. I looked to my right and saw a big circle around one girl in particular.
"Who's that?" I asked Adam, thinking maybe he knew.
"That's Gwen James," he told me. "She's a senior. My brother told me about her. Rumor has it she's done every senior boy here."
"Wow. How slutty can you get?"
"Not much by my calculations," Nick said, pushing up his glasses. I ignored Nick and kept talking to Adam.
"Has she done your brother?" I asked.
"Nope. He's a junior and he would have told me if anything had happened. He's always bragging." I looked over at Gwen again. She flipped her black hair as she talked to the guys around her.
"Are you trying to snab Gwen James?" asked a voice from behind me. "If you are, I wouldn't try." I turned around and saw a girl that had Gwen's black hair, but was obviously younger.
"I'm not trying to. And who are you?" I asked her.
"Stephanie James. Gwen's little sister. She's the only reason I'm caught up in all of this crap."
"What did she do?" Adam asked.
"She nearly killed her boyfriend. She can be pretty abusive. I try to stay out of her way."
We neared the dining hall and people started crowding in. It was a lot nicer than some of the other buildings on campus. I figured it was probably newer. I sat with Adam, Stephanie, and sadly, Nick. All he ever seemed to do was follow us.
The headmaster walked to the front of the room and cleared his throat. The room was silent.
"Before we eat, I have a few announcements," he said. "I would like to welcome all new dorm assistants. If you would stand when I say your name. Megan Duke, Alison Cross, Mark Denver, and Jake Dupree."
The new assistants stood and everyone clapped for them. Now I realized why Jake seemed so timid when he answered the door. He was a new staff member and barely knew what was going on. The headmaster made more announcements like Sunday was a free day to do whatever unless you had community service. Then he said we could get in line for food.
I stood in line behind Nick. He had to skip over some of the really good stuff because of his food allergies. He asked the cafeteria lady if she had any soy milk. Adam tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear.
"Nick is in for one surprise when he gets back to the table."
When Nick sat down, sure enough, he sat on a full milk carton. It splattered and somehow covered his face. Jake gave Adam, Stephanie, and me extra community service. I figured I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always welcome!