Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

5

Because Adam squirted milk in Nick's face, Nick went to the nurse again. He's lactose intolerant and most dairy products make him break out into hives. And because Stephanie and I were sitting at the table with him, we all received community service from 9-10 that night.
As Adam and I got back to the dorm, I was fuming. It was only my first day at a new school and I had already gotten in trouble. I've been sent to the principal's office many a time before, but I figured here, I would be a star pupil. You get sent here for doing bad things so what I did must not even be that bad.
"Thanks a lot Adam," I said as I hopped onto my bed.
"What did I do?" he asked innocently.
"YOU caused me and Stephanie community service for something YOU did!" I'm sure if I were in a cartoon, steam would be coming out of my ears.
"Dude, what is wrong with a little community service?"
"I don't deserve this. If I do the community service I'm supposed to do during the day, I can get out of this hell house."
"Well excuse me for pulling one damn prank. Pranks are in my nature. It's what makes me feel alive. That Nick kid is the best target." Adam opened his guitar case and started to play. I rolled my eyes and opened my laptop. I fooled around with my music mixer until it was 8:50. We headed out to meet Stephanie in the dining hall.
Stephanie was waiting there already.
"Thanks, Adam," she greeted him.
"Is this all of a sudden my fault?" he asked.
"YES!" Stephanie and I shouted at him. He rolled his eyes and sat on the floor. Five minutes later, Jake walked in with his clipboard.
"OK. For your community service, you are going to serve the school trip their going away feast and clean up afterward." Jake escorted us into the kitchen and gave us aprons, gloves, and hairnets.
"I am not putting that thing in my hair!" Adam said.
"Dude, just put it on," I told him. He eventually put it on and scowled at me for the rest of the hour.
First we scooped the food into tubs and put them in the serving area. Then we made sure the tables were clean and there were plenty of napkins in the holders. I was the beverages assistant and had to pour whatever drink was wanted. Stephanie served the food and Adam washed off the dishes.
When the school went back to the guest dorms to pack for their trip back the next day, we all helped finish the rest of the dishes and wipe down the tables and serving counters. When we were finished Jake came back and told us to put away our aprons and hairnets, and to throw away our plastic gloves.
We were dismissed and told to go back to our dorms before bed. I was so tired. All of the kids were a little younger than my sister, and insisted on more drinks. I was pretty tied up.
Adam and I said good night to Stephanie as she headed for the Botox girls dorm. We headed back to our dorm, where the lights were turned out and Nick had turned on a nightlight. Adam snickered. I just gathered my things and headed for the third floor showers. Adam told me they had the warmest water and he wasn't kidding. It just about burned me.
By the time I was finished with my shower, I was so tired, that when I got back, I plopped down on my bed and went to sleep. I had a lot to endure the next day, but at least I would be well rested. Adam tried to fall asleep after lights out, but he decided to text his girlfriend back at home. The light sometimes bothered me, but it seemed like Nick slept like a baby. I eventually just turned over and fell asleep. I tend to wake up at night. By the time I woke up again, Adam was snoring peacefully. I rolled my eyes and made a note to myself to ask Mom to send some earplugs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO COMMENT! HOW DO YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR? TELL ME SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!