Status: school in session, posting when I can

After You

8

By Wednesday, I had gotten the hang of things around the school. I had showed up to all of my classes on time and found new ways to study. I studied with Stephanie during independent study in the library and helped Adam with his homework, which helped me figure out problems I had and fix them. At my independent study time, I asked Stephanie if she could meet me up in my dorm so we could study, since my laptop was up there. Stephanie knocked on my door, carrying a bundle of mail with her.
"What's all this?" I asked her.
"It's Wednesday," she replied. "Mail comes on Wednesdays and Jake asked me to bring this mail up to you." She handed me four letters that I eagerly took. Of course the first one was from Mom:
Dear Daniel,
I hope you're all settled in at this new school and are behaving yourself. I want to come up on Parent Visit Day in December and hear only the best about you. I hope you're studying hard and not focusing on girls. I want you to send me a letter so you can tell me of your progression this year since I won't be able to check with you every week. I miss you and your father sends his love.
Love,
Mom
The next letter was from my sister:
Dear Daniel,
How is school going for you? My school started the day after you left and sixth grade is no joke. Do you think you could help me out and send me some advice? Mom said to ask you since sixth grade was so easy for you. By the way, all of my friends that think you're cute want to know where you went. Can I tell them? Oh and I don't miss you.
Love,
Katie :P
There were two other letters from my friends Marcy and Dale. They were talking about how cool the high school I would have gone to was. They told me about how they got off campus lunches and free periods. They wanted to know if I was allowed to come home for Christmas. I smiled at their letters then came back to the real world.
"Who are your letters from?" Stephanie asked me.
"My mom, sister, and my two friends from middle school."
"I got one from my mom, my dad, my aunt, and Jonny. He picked a flower and sent it to me."
"That's sweet!"
"Yeah." She took out her notebook and started her history assignment. I took out my laptop and worked on my English paper. The room was pretty quiet until Adam burst into the room.
"What's up? Why the hell are you in here?" Adam asked as he entered the room.
"I asked Stephanie to come in here and study instead of the library so I could use my laptop," I answered.
"Right, dude." Adam threw me a devilish grin and I returned it by throwing my pillow at him.
"Why are you in here? I thought you had community service at this hour?" Stephanie asked him.
"I did, but Headmaster Wilkins couldn't find anything for us to do, so he gave us free time." Adam got up and excused himself to "use the can".
"What did he mean when he said, 'Right, dude'?" Stephanie asked me.
"He thought I brought you here to make out with you," I said nonchalantly.
"Does he think you like me or something?"
"Probably. I mean I've spent so much time with you since I got here."
"Do you want to make out with me?"
I stared at her for a minute. Did I just hear what I think she said?
"Are you willing to make out with me?" I asked slowly.
"Sure. I think you're funny, cute, and super smart. You seem like the kind of boyfriend I would want."
"I like you too."
She leaned in slowly and started to close her eyes. I figured she was about to make out with me, so I took the opportunity to make out with a girl. I remember kissing Marcy in the seventh grade, but it was just a quick peck, not an actual kiss really. As soon as I realized that Stephanie's lips were on mine, I leaned in more and tried to figure out what to do. Obviously, she had made out with a few people before, so I just let her lead me in. It lasted for a while. I didn't hear the door open when Adam came back from the bathroom. Adam sat on his bed then closed his eyes. He quickly opened them and walked quietly out the door.
Soon, it all ended and I felt weird. The pit of my stomach completely dropped and I hadn't noticed until Stephanie pulled back. She went right back to her work. I eventually went back to mine, but I never felt the same about Stephanie again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love it when people post comments! I see people are also starting to subscribe so I expect to see more comments in the long run!