Ice Hot

Chapter 10

The closer we got to the school, the sweeter the air smelled. There was magic everywhere. It made me water at the mouth. Venom swirled through my teeth. I needed some blood as soon as I could get my hands on it. When we were loaded off the boats, I heard someone call my name. Was someone was looking for me? I wasn’t here for two seconds. They were twins and they looked a lot like Ron.

"Oh, no. Those are my brothers, Fred and George," Ron said. They made it over to me.

"Are you Carol Cullen?" one of them asked me, completely out of breath.

"Yes, I am," I said a little confused.

"Dumbledore wants to speak with you, right away," they said. Good. I wanted to tell him how horrible the flight was.

"Okay. I'll see you three later," I said. I left with Ron's brothers.

We took a route that no one went through. Either they weren't allowed or no one knew about it. When we were in the building, they gave directions on how to get to his office. I walked down the hall and into a room that was bigger than I thought it would be. It wasn't the type of office I thought it would be. It wasn't a cubical. It was a big room, with things hanging from the wall and a fire place. It looked like the inside of someone's house than an office.

"Ah, Carol Cullen. It's so nice to meet you," someone from behind me said. He took me off guard. My instincts were still rusty. "I thought a vampire would be more alert," he said.

"Yeah, you'd think that but... Hey, how do you know I'm a vampire?" I asked.

"I said in the letter that you hade special needs above all the other students," he said.

"Whoa, you can't tell anyone. If they know..."

"I am well aware of what will happen if people know you're a vampire," he said. "Trust me. You're secret is safe with me. The rest of the staff only knows that you need to leave the school at night and they will allow you." Wow. He has this all planed out.

"Okay, so in the letter, it said that I have a job here. What exactly is that?" I asked.

"You will help the students with any problem that they may have. Get to know them on a personal level," he said.

"That seems easy enough," I said

"Good. Because you will announce it during the feast," he said. That wasn't so easy. They will all be looking at me and see what I look like. I knew that they already would but it's a big school. Rumors take time to get around.

"I don't think I could do that," I said.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because everyone will be looking at me and I wanted at least the first hour of a new school to be normal," I said. He thought that over for a moment.

"Are you ashamed of yourself?" he asked.

"No, no. Of course not. I love my new life. Much better than being human," I said.

"Well," he said, "you have nothing to be worried about. Being a vampire burdens along with its rewards. You know all about its rewards. Time to find its burdens." He makes a good point. I have been living the good life because of my family. It was time for me to live for myself. I couldn't even get through a plane ride. And that reminded me.

"Well, it's time for the feast. After the speech to the school, you will be allowed to hunt outside," he said.

"Hey," I called out. He turned around. "Why did you give me a coach ticket? Why didn't you just poof up a first class for me?"

"Because it coasts money," he said. He smiled through hid beard.

"Oh. That's a good excuse," I said, and we walked to the dining room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, what was that I said about waiting a while before posting another chapter? Well I'm a dirty liar. Plus, I wanted to test something out.
Me=not a Harry Potter fan, however Me=A Very Potter Musical fan. (What?! You've never heard of A Very Potter Musical?! Look it up NOW!!!) So I thought it would be fun to put AVPM or AVPS (a very potter sequel) quotes at the end in the description down here. Also, I'm in love with Darren Criss. So see if you laugh at them. XD This quote is for Fred and George's shinanagans 'cause they are so funny.
*********
AVPS- Act 1, Scene 2
Fred: "I'm George!"
Mrs. Weasley: "Nice try! Ya got an "F" on your shirt, dumass!"