Ice Hot

Chapter 16

"But why?" Cristina asked. I was packing my suitcase for home.

"Because I need to," I said, getting tired of this conversation. "It's important, though." I didn't want to worry her. She was my friend. I got everything? I checked my materials. Yes, I did. I zipped it up and put it on the floor. I walked over to the bathroom and picked up Adrienne in her bed by the tub. I took her to my bed by my case. I had to give my good byes. "Well, it was nice to meet you," I said.

"Do you have to go? Can't you wait until Christmas?" Cathy asked. I saw into her eyes. She was depressed. I hated myself for making my friends feel upset. But I had to go. I needed to get away from here.

"No, I can't. But I'll miss you a lot. And who knows. Maybe I'll be back," I said. They got a small smile on their faces, but then they disappeared. I wanted to make them happier, but I had to leave. I took my suitcase and rolled it to Dumbledore's office to get my ticket.
I walked up the stairs with my suitcase in one hand and Adrienne in the other. The spiral stair case ended and I opened the large, wooden door.

"I grant you entry, Miss Cullen," that oh-so familiar voice had spoken. It warmed me up. He was nothing but nice to me the entire time I was here and I was leaving him when he wanted me to do one simple thing. That made me so mad. I was mad at Harry. I hated him. I had one responsibility, and because of him, I couldn't go through with it. Why did he make me feel like that and ruin every thing? All the magical things that I could have seen, were now gone. I walked up to his desk. "What can I do for you?" he asked.

"I want to go back to Forks. I thought that I should give back Adrienne," I said. I put her on his desk. She tried to climb back into my arms.

"I see that she doesn’t want to leave you," he said. I grew attached to her, too. I took her in my arms and gave her one last hug. I gave her to Dumbledore. "Why are you leaving?" he asked me. I didn't want to tell him exactly what happened.

"I just need to be home for a while," I said. "I don't know if I'll come back." He looked at me very worried. I hated Harry more. He hurt Dumbledore, not me. I looked into his eyes to see what he really felt about me. I needed to know how disappointed his was in me. But when I tried to look into his soul, I couldn't. Something was blocking my powers again. I couldn't find out what it was. Then I figured it out. "Professor Dumbledore, can you take off you're glasses, please?" I asked. If it was glasses that blocked my sight, then I could see into his soul. He took them off, and almost instantly, I could see his life, his accomplishments, and his thoughts. I saw that he wasn't ashamed at me. He knew that I had to leave for my own reason. And he is hoping that I would come back. I do want to come back. But if I do, Harry can't be here. I need to stay away from him. I couldn't stay any longer. "Do you mind if I have my tickets now?" I asked. He took out his wand, tapped on a draw with it and pulled out a plane ticket. He handed it to me. I didn't want him to see me like this, so I took it and my suitcase and left.

I was walking to the boat that would take me away, when someone called my name.

"Carol!" It was Hermione. I turned around. Ron was with her, too. And so was Harry. I would leave, but they were my first friends. I couldn't hurt them. "Hey," I said, in a meek voice.

"Where are you going?" she asked me. She saw my suitcase.

"I'm going back to America," I told her.

"What? Why?" Ron yelled. He wanted me to stay, too.

"I just have some things to do back home," I said. I really didn't want to leave them. I looked into Hermione's eyes and I saw I was her best girl friend. I looked into Ron's eyes and I saw that he wanted to know me more. I was a good person to him. And he had a crush on me, but he would look over that, just to be my friend. When I got to Harry I remembered why I had to leave. He ruined my life by messing up everything that I thought was sound. I looked back at Hermione and Ron. I didn't want to leave them. I gave a hug to Hermione. I was covered in a jacket and gloves. "I'll miss you," I said.

"I'll miss you, too." I'll write to you," she promised. I moved to Ron. I gave him a hug, too.

"You write to me too, you got that?" I asked. He nodded. I saw in his eyes that he wanted to cry. "Hey," I said. "Beat up your brothers for me, you understand me? Don't go easy on them." He smiled a little. A single tear ran down his cheek. I was furious at Harry now. How could he make me be so cruel to his friends? I moved to him to tell him off, but I couldn't. All my fury for him seemed to melt away in that one moment. I knew I had to get out of here as soon as I could, so all I said was, "Bye", in a soft voice and left the school.

The plane flight back was just like the first one. Need I say more?

When I landed, I was so glad to be home. It was cloudy and oh so familiar. I got off the plane ride from hell and took a deep breath in. Not a spray of magic anywhere. I left it all in London. I got my bags, that where they were supposed to be, on the carousel, and went out of the air port. I took out my cell phone and called someone with the voice I wanted to hear more than anything.

"Hey, you got Jacob," a deep, loving voice said.

"Hey," I said. "You got Carol."

"Hey there little girl. How's London?" he asked.

"Well, I'll tell you after you get me from the airport. I'd run, but normal humans don't run twenty miles in thirty seconds," I joked. I heard a gasp from the other end of the phone.

"What are you doing back in Forks?" he asked surprised.

"I said I'll explain after you take me home," I told him, getting a little agitated.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." He hung up the phone. I hung up and was a little disappointed in myself that I snapped at him. I didn't want to tell anyone why I came back until I was ready.
I waited for about fifteen minutes when a motorcycle came up to me. He took off his helmet and long, black hair came out from it. I got so happy.

"Need a lift?" Jacob asked. No one was around so I ran as fast I could and almost knocked him off his motorcycle hugging him.

"I've never been so happy to smell like a wet dog," I said. I didn't even care if that hurt his feelings. Well, maybe a little.

"I've never been so happy to smell like blood," he said. Okay, I deserved that. And speaking of blood...

"Now take me home. I need to hunt right now," I demanded, as nicely as possible. He looked at me, a little worried. But, he did what I said. He handed me a helmet, because I still looked too young not to, and he zoomed us both out of here.
We pulled the drive way of the big, white and glass house in the middle of the woods. I smelled like home. I jumped off and ran into it, hoping that at least one person was home. I stopped the first step I took in. The scent overwhelmed me. I missed it so much. I heard the T.V. from the living room. I turned the corner, and saw my big brother Emmet watching the football game.

"Emmet!!" I screamed and ran straight for him. He turned towards me and his face lit up. His arms didn't open fast enough. I was hugging him within the half second I saw him. He finally got his arms around me and gave me a hug, too. He felt so warm. Not hot, like every other human felt. And weak. I couldn't hurt him by touching him, and that's what I liked.

"What are you doing back?" he asked. I still didn't want to answer it.

"I'll tell you later," I said. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They went hunting and I wanted to watch the game," he said. That was obvious. I got up and ran outside to see if I could find them.
Just them, Alice came through the back door. Her face lit up with happiness like a light.

"CAROL!!" she screamed. Her scream brought everyone else in. Or it was her saying my name. She ran up to me and I ran to her and we squeezed each other tighter until we were going to break bones. We pulled apart. "Oh my god! I missed you so much!" she said, with enthusiasm.

"I missed you more," I said just as enthused. The others came in behind them. The more of my loved ones I saw the more happy I get. Seeing everyone gave me the greatest joy. Renesme ran towards me as fast as her little legs could move her. I picked her up as she kissed my cheek. I kissed her forehead.

"Oh Renesme, how are you?" I asked her. She touched my face and showed me how much she missed me. "I missed you too. I couldn't wait to see you," I said. I put her down and gave hugs to every one else. First Rosalie, then Bella, Esme, Edward and Carlisle. I told Carlisle a secret before I ran away from the house.

"Meet me in the forest."
♠ ♠ ♠
ADRIENNE!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE 2 MONTHS TO UPDATE?!?!?!?!??!
Because it's summer and I enjoy not being inside. I need my rich Italian tan back. :)
So...... my new obsession: THE BOOK OF MORMON<3 As anyone who read my about on my profile, or really read my other stories, I'm musical-obsessed. And my latest craze is The Book of Mormon. It's the funniest musical I never saw (just yet because the tickets are all sold out)
But I listened to the soundtrack and it's TO DIE FOR HILARIOUS!!!!!! I mean it. Listen to it and you'll die laughing. WARNING: Not for people who can't take an effing joke, and I mean it. If you're too serious about your religion especially, don't even bother. But if not, you're in for a real treat. :) And speaking of gay jokes, It's A AVPM Quote!!!!!! <3

AVPM- Act 1, Scene 3
Dumbledore: “Yeah, well um, a funny thing happened to the sorting hat. He actually got hitched with another piece of enchanted magical clothing. So he and the scarf of sexual preference aren’t going to be back until next year.”