Ice Hot

Chapter 17

Oh, god. Nothing has ever felt so good like the feeling of blood running down your throat. Not only did it quench my thirst that I had for a week straight, but it actually tasted delicious. I missed the taste of deer. Not unicorn, deer. Red never tasted so good. I already hunted four other deer, two bears and I caught my second mountain lion, ever. They taste the best. I heard something behind me while I was cleaning myself up. I jumped in that direction, not taking the time to think about who it is. When we fell to the ground, I realized it was Carlisle.

"Oh, no. Carlisle, are you okay? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry," I stuttered a mile a minute.

"No, no. It's okay. I'm fine. I thought you said to meet you in the forest," he said. Oh, yeah. I was so involved in the blood, I forgot about that.

"Yeah. I did. I would have talk to everyone, but I needed blood more than anything," I said. He laughed a little. If he tasted that blood then he wouldn't be.

"So, you looked a little concerned at the house," he said. "What's wrong?" I didn't know if I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't hold it off anymore.

"Well, it has to do with why I came home," I told him.

"Yes. Why did you come home" he asked.

"Well," I sat on the ground and pulled him down with me. "I was having a great time there. It was amazing. So, I was at the airport, and one of the students had the most amazing scent. It was just like the scent of magic, but instead of burning in my throat, his scent put it out. It was the strangest thing." He looked at me like he figured it all out. Either way, I needed to finish my story and get it off my chest. "So, the scent of magic was so intense, that..." I still didn't want to tell anyone this part. It made me sound like a stalker.

"You need to tell me," Carlisle said. I trusted him that he wouldn't judge me.

"I sneaked into his room to smell his scent. But I didn't to it for the reason you think and it was completely selfish. It was because his scent was so hypnotic and I couldn't quench my thirst with the blood from the animals there. It was impossible for me to stay away. I needed it. I was totally selfish. I didn't want to go through with the hard parts of this without you, and I wasn't strong enough. So I ran away from it and I'll forget about it all. It'll be like it never happened. I never knew that magic existed and I never met Harry." I looked away from him. I didn't want him to see me. He probably though horribly of me. I wanted to run. I got up, but he took my hand and pulled me back down. He looked at me with a loving stare. Like he understood. But, he couldn't understand. No one could.

"I don't know what you’re going through," he said. I knew it. "But I know someone who would."

I ran to the little house that Esme made for Edward and Bella. When I knocked on the door, Renesme opened it. I loved the fact that she lived here. It was like a perfect little family.

"Hi, Renesme. Do you know where your dad is?" I asked her.

"Um, I think he went hunting," she said.

"Oh, okay. Well, when he comes back, tell him that I was looking for him," I said.

"Okay," she said and closed the door. I turned back to look for him, but he was standing right behind me. He scared me a little. I thought I heard someone. My instincts were getting better. Behind Edward was Carlisle. I pulled Edward toward Carlisle. Then I grabbed Carlisle's sleeve and dragged them into the forest. I let them go to let them explain.

"Okay then. What is going on with me? Carlisle said you knew, Edward," I said.

"I can help. Now, what exactly happened with you," Edward asked. I didn't want to say what I did again.

"Let Carlisle tell you," I said. It was bad enough to tell a dad, now I had to tell a brother, too. I couldn't let Edward be disappointed in me either. Carlisle leaned to his ear to tell him. I was so ashamed. His eyes widened at me. I wanted to hide in a shell. The story was finished. I was scared of what he would say to me.

“I know what’s wrong,” Edward said. That gave me hope that there was something that could be done.

“Well, what is it?” I asked.

“Did you ever think of him after you left London?” he asked.

“Well, yeah. I can’t get him out of my mind,” I said. I just realized that I did. Was that wrong? I shouldn’t.

“We think that you’re in love with him,” Carlisle said. Those words sent me in frenzy. I turned around and ran for the deep woods. I heard them call my name, but I didn’t come back. What does he mean I love him? I don’t love him. I can’t love him. I don’t have a beating heart. You can’t love if you don’t have a heart. Mine was as hard and cold as stone. This got me enraged. If I never met him, I would have a great existence with my family. It was his fault. I ripped an adult oak tree out of the ground and threw it a mile. “IT’S ALL HIS FAULT!” I screamed. In that one moment I wanted to kill him. I wanted to run back to London and kill him and drink his blood. The next moment, the next thing I could think of, made me fall over and cry. I cried harder than ever. I herd someone come toward me.

“Carol, are you okay?” Edward said. He found me. Anything could hear that scream. I wanted someone to be with me. But not him. Someone else.

“Edward,” I said through my tears. “You were right. All I can think about is seeing him. I’m in love with him and I can’t be away from him. I need to go back to England. I need him.”

“That’s how I felt when I met Bella. She was my reason for existing. Her life was excuse enough for the existence of the universe. I love her so much, I still can’t put it in words,” he said. He put his hand on my hunched over back. That was exactly how I felt about Harry. I always used to wonder why we were put on Earth and now I know why I was. To be with him. I got up and gave Edward a hug. He helped me realize that I was supposed to be with him forever. I let go and ran back to the house to tell Carlisle that I was going back to England. I would just hope that no one would hate me for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure..... but I think this chapter really SUCKS. Especially long quote today :)

AVPM- Act 1, Scene 3
Snape: “Now before we begin, I’m going to give you all your very, very first pop quiz. Can anyone tell me what a portkey is? Yes, Ms. Granger?”
Hermione: “A portkey is an enchanted object that when touched will transport the one or ones who touched it to anywhere in the globe decided upon by the enchanter.”
Snape: “Very good! Now can anyone tell me what foreshadowing is? Yes, Ms. Granger?”
Hermione: “Foreshadowing is a dramatic device in which an important plot point is mentioned early in the story to return later in a more significant way.”
Snape: “Perfect!”
Lavender: “Can a person be a portkey?”
Snape: “No, that’s observed! Because if a person were to touch themselves, (stares at Ron) they would constantly be transported to different places. A person can however be a horcrox.”
Harry: “What’s a horcrox?”
Snape: “I’m not even going to tell you Harry. you’ll find out soon enough.”
Hermoine: “Professor, what’s the point of this quiz?”
Snape: “Oh, no, no, no point on particular. Just important information that everyone should know. (points at audience) Especially you!”