Ice Hot

Chapter 20

"Okay, so what do you want to know, Harry?" I asked. I hoped that the answers wouldn't scare him too much. I didn't want him to hate me against his will. If he was going to hate me, I wanted it to be because he didn't like what I was like, not what I was. He was totally safe around me.

“So, first, you do drink blood right?” he asked. That was obvious. I would be scared if he didn’t ask me that.

“Yes, but I personally don’t drink human blood. I, well me and my family, we don’t drink human blood at all,” I said.

“Why? You can’t drink human blood?” he asked. He seemed to be interested in this. Well, I might as well tell him.

“No. Actually, we’re supposed to, but we don’t want to kill people. We teach ourselves not to give into the temptation of the scent of human,” I said.

“So, what do you drink instead of humans?” he asked. It was obvious to me, but maybe not to him.

“We drink animal blood. But the animal blood in this forest doesn’t taste very good. I’m not totally sure why, though.” I said.

“Does animal blood taste better than human blood?” he asked. That was a hard question to answer.

“I don’t know. I never tasted human blood. Everyone else in my family did at least once, but not me. And I’m proud of it, too. I have very good self control,” I said. Harry relaxed and moved a little closer to me. He trusted me. That made me so happy. Maybe he did love me like I loved him.

“That’s impressive,” he said. He probably didn’t care all that much. I didn’t mind.

“Thank you very much,” I said. We laughed. I leaned into him from laughing so hard. I knew what I was doing, but I didn’t care. I was right. I did have good self control. And since Harry trusted me, I should trust myself to not hurt him. I sat up and sat closer to him. I needed to know if he loved me.

“Harry, I need to tell you something important,” I said.

“Like telling me you’re a vampire important,” he said. I chuckled.

“No, this is the reason I told you that,” I said. He wanted to know what I had to say. That must have been a question he didn’t get to ask. I took a deep breath and held his hand tighter. “I’m in love with you. You’re the reason I came back. You are the reason for my being placed on Earth.” He looked more shocked than when I told him I was a vampire. “Harry, I need to know that you love me too. If you don’t, you will never see me again. It’s all up to you.” I picked my words very well. I won’t stay away from him. That’s not possible. I just won’t let him see me. I’d be like a guardian angel. I waited a minute, hoping for the answer I wanted.

“That’s the most insulting thing you could ever say to me,” he said. My spirit fell twenty stories. He didn’t love me. In fact, he hated my existence. I let my head fall. He put his fingers under my chin and lifted it up. “The fact that you’d even think about leaving my life is the worst thing you could do. I want you to stay with me forever. I think I love you too. This feeling gets more intense the longer I’m with you.” Since he did love me, I was sure that I couldn’t hurt him. He took my hand and looked at me with his deep, blue eyes. I wanted to know what he was feeling more than anything. Well, I wanted one other thing a little more. I reached over and took off his glasses. I looked deep into his emotion and saw that he was deeply in love with me, just like I was with him. His feelings were the same as mine. And he wanted the same thing that I wanted. Harry wasn’t wrong. He was in love with me. I moved so close to him, he was against the trunk of the tree. That didn’t stop me. I got even closer to him. His face was just inches to mine. I wanted to, but I was scared that I would hurt him if I got too involved. I knew I wouldn’t hurt him on purpose. I didn’t know if I could stop an accident. I really wanted to, but I couldn't pull myself to do it. this was as close as I could get. Harry didn’t know what I was thinking. He leaned his face to mine, pressing his warm lips to mine, that felt like fire. The sensation that followed was undesirable. That moment, in that tree, I knew that we were meant to be together. I know it's impossible, but I swear that that one moment, I felt my heart beat. I didn’t realized what I was doing when I slid my tongue into his mouth. I touched the top of his mouth. He tasted so good. It was a sweet taste. Nothing was better than this. I search his mouth for his tongue. When they touched, I pulled myself away from him abruptly. I realized what I doing. I was crouched over as far as I could go at the end of the branch. If I didn’t stop there, I could have hurt him. I could have lost all focus and used all of my strength and broke him. He was too delicate. It was like holding wet paper. If I was too rough, I could kill him.

“I’m sorry Harry,” I said to him. He didn’t know how much danger I just put him in.

“It’s okay. You didn’t hurt me. That was the greatest moment of my life. I had never been so happy. Why did you stop?” he asked.

“I’m too strong. I could crush you if I wasn’t careful.” I looked at his eyes. He didn’t understand what I meant. “Harry,” I walked over to him, reaching over to the closest, thickest branch. I pulled it out, making the tree shake. I kneeled down in front of him and broke it into little twigs. I threw them down and stared into his eyes. He understood what I meant by me crushing him. He wasn’t scared of me though. That was because I didn’t want him to be scared of me. I wanted him to be careful around me. Even though he wasn’t scared of me, he moved away from me. I didn’t want him to be afraid of me being near him. I reached over and touched his cheek.

“I will never hurt you on purpose. I just don’t know if I will have enough will power to stop myself if I get carried away. I got so hypnotized when I kissed you. Since that will happen all the time, I need to stay away from temptation,” I said.

“How do you know that that feeling will come back the next time we kiss?” he asked. He made a good point. What if that was a one time experience? I didn’t want that to be true. I loved that sensation. It made me feel totally human. I leaned down and pressed my lips against his just for one, quick second. I had the same sensation rush through me. I couldn’t help it. I put out lips together again. I tried to pull myself away from him, but no matter how much I tried, I found it impossible to keep myself away from him. And I loved it. I tried one more time and pulled myself away. I was proud that I could stay away from temptation, but upset because I wanted to stay there, kissing him. When I pulled away, I could feel Harry keep his lips against mine until I got too far away. I felt his pain when I pulled away. The thing we wanted was each other. I saw the sun rise over the dark lake that turned into bright pinks and oranges. It was pale but had a beautiful color. It was like Harry’s skin. Now he could see the last part of me. The part in the sun. I could see the shine from my sparkles.

His eyes widened in amazement. He saw all of my life now. I felt more connected to him now than ever. He looked into my eyes and I saw that he loved my eyes more than anything else. He felt that he could see every part of me through my eyes. That was funny. That was my power. I chuckled and took him in my arms and swung him onto my back.

“Are you ready to go back to the school?” I asked.

“No, but I don’t really have a choice do I?” he said. I laughed and climbed down the trees.
"No, you don't," I said. I ran back to the castle and climbed the wall to his room. I let him down on the side of his bed. He sat on the edge and took my hand. He looked into my eyes and I knew that he didn’t want me to leave. I leaned to his forehead and kissed his scar. He shuddered.

“Did that hurt?” I asked.

“No. that felt good,” he said. I kissed his lips one last time before I took his glasses, put them on the night stand and flew out the window. And that was the night that made me something beyond human forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!! So the little description thing is important:
I have like 8 more pre-written chapters left. After that I have to start writing the story again. And 1) I'm doing another story, the Darren Criss fic and 2) I'm on my computer less and less because of school. And it's not that I have a lot of homework because school just started. It's I get home, do homework then sleep the rest of the day. I'm just so tired. And I've lost some interest. But you all like it, so I'd try to get back into it.
But I really have to know, does anyone have an interest if I wrote a Darren Criss fanfic? Believe me, it's because I wanted to make one and it would be a short chapter, until it got further in, crappy story, just made for my entertainment. Anyone interested? If not.... I'll still write. But I won't post it until I finish the whole thing. So I *really* wanna know. Tell me in the comments what you think I should do. And I leave you with another AVPM quote :) And it's the best known quote from the whole play. Both plays actually!! XD
****************************************************************

AVPM- Act 1, Scene 3
Cedric: “Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders.”
Dumbledore: “What the hell is a Hufflepuff?”