Ice Hot

Chapter 23

I took Harry to his room when we left Dumbledore’s office. We didn’t say anything on our way there. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn’t break the silence. When we got to the entrance I turned around to leave, but Harry grabbed my waist. He didn’t want me to leave.

“Harry, I’ll see you tonight. I promise,” I said.

“I swear that nothing will happen to me during this tournament. When it’s over, we’ll have the Triwizard Cup,” he said.

“I don’t want the cup,” I said, as I cupped his face in my hands. “I want you, safe and with me. I could care less if you win or not. Just promise you won’t get hurt,” I said. He leaned toward me and pressed his hot lips against my cold, rock hard lips. It amazed me that we were totally opposite, but we were made for each other. He was warm, delicate, living. I was a cold, hard vampire. How could we exist together without killing each other? I didn’t care how it happens. I just loved that it did. I unwillingly pulled away from him. If I had one wish, it would be for me and him to be alone, where I could kiss him forever. But that wasn’t possible. So I’d love every moment I could kiss him while it happens. I left him there and stepped on the staircase to take me back to my room. All the way back, I thought about if I could do something to help, but I couldn’t. If Dumbledore stood by the rules with Harry’s age, he would stand by them again with help. I got off at the entrance. The painting looked concerned.

“What is it, Carol?” she asked me.

“I really don’t want to talk about it,” I said the password and went inside. I heard a heartbeat. Someone was in the common room. I turned the corner and saw a blond leaning into the fire place trying to get it to start. It was Draco. I needed to talk to someone, even if it was him. He probably wasn’t that bad. He got a spark and it went up in flames. He saw me and smiled. He had a crush on me. I walked over and sat on the black couch in front of the fire place. He sat next to me, but he wasn’t as close as I thought he would be.

“So, you and Potter?” he said. Either he didn’t know or he was in denial.

“Yeah. I’m really happy with him. Which makes it all that harder for him to be in the tournament,” I said with sorrow deep in my voice.

“I can’t believe how bad that must make you feel,” he said.

“No, you can’t,” I said. No one could ever know how I felt besides Harry. He put his hand on my thigh. I moved away from him. I didn’t mind that he was trying to comfort me. I minded that I was wearing thin clothes and he could feel my real temperature. He pulled his hand away and looked a little embarrassed. He was nice, but I still had to be careful of what I do around humans.

“Well, if something happens to Harry…” I cut him off.

“What do mean? Nothing will happen to Harry. I’ll make sure of it,” I said

“What can you do if he’s in trouble?” he asked. I told him the truth.

“Anything it takes to keep him safe.” And with that I got up and went to my room. I can’t believe that I thought he was nice, I thought to myself. He actually thought that something would happen to Harry. I would never let that happen. Cristina and Cathy were asleep now. I wondered why. I looked at the clock. It was midnight. Time got away from me. I opened the window and jumped out. I scaled the side of the school, getting closer to Harry. When I got there, I pulled myself up and looked inside. Harry was waiting for me on his bed. When he saw me, his face lit up in pure joy. That’s what I feel like when I see him. he jumped out of bed and climbed out the window and onto my back. As soon he had a tight grip on my neck, I fell and when we got down I ran to the forest. We climbed up our tree and I put him down. I didn’t hunt for a long time and I needed to feed. If I didn’t I would put Harry in danger.

“Harry, I need to go somewhere quickly. Can you wait for me for a minute?” I asked.

“Sure. Why?” he asked. I didn’t want to tell him.

“I’d rather not say,” I said.

“You have to hunt?” he asked. He was a smart boy.

“Yup.” I leaned over to kiss him and climbed back down the tree. I ran over to where I smelled a werewolf and killed with more force than normal. A werewolf would normally be able to destroy a vampire, but the werewolves in England were weak. It tasted a little better than a unicorn, but not enough to make me like it. I only needed a little blood, and when I finished I ran back to Harry. I climbed back up the tree and scared him when I sneaked up behind him. He jumped a little, but he didn’t fall off. He laughed out loud and helped me over him onto the branch. I didn’t need his help, but it was a nice thought I moved closer to him and leaned my head on his neck. He put his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

“I have a press meeting tomorrow,” he said. I moaned.

“They always exaggerate the truth. I hate the press,” I said. I heard him chuckle.

“I can handle them. I wish you could come though,” he said. I sat up.

“If you can handle them, then why do you want me to come with you?” I asked.

“Do I need a reason? Because I love you and I want to be with you.” That was so sweet. I kissed him long and hard like I always do, put my head back down between his head and shoulder. His was so perfect, nice and sweet. We didn’t do anything besides sit in the tree and be with each other. The sun came up and that was our alarm to leave and bring Harry back to his room. He needed his sleep. I took him back to his room, kissed him good night and ran back outside to hunt more. This was a regular routine and I was glad. The more time I spend with him, the better I am. I caught another werewolf, but their so weak they don’t deserve to be called a werewolf, and a unicorn. They were the most common animals I could find. And they all taste horrible, I wasn’t picky. I was hunting for an hour. I didn’t realize that Cristina and Cathy would be waking up soon. I ran back to the school and into my room. Cristina was still asleep, but Cathy was in the bathroom. I messed up my hair and jumped into my bed and pretended to sleep. I hated to lie in beds. They were so stuffy and uncomfortable to me. I waited for Cathy to come out, and then I sat up and made a very convincing yawn.

“What- when- where were you?” she stuttered. I had to think on my feet.

“What do you mean? I was sleeping,” I yawned. I put on a very good performance.

“No. I didn’t see you in your bed this morning,” she said. She was determined to prove me wrong.

“Did you look in my bed?” I asked, still acting tired, but not too tired.

“Well, no,” she said. I had her.

“Well, you just didn’t see me. I was here all night.” I added something funny for me in there.

“What? Do you honestly think that I jumped out the window, climbed down the side of the school and ran around in that forest over there?” I pointed to the window. I started to laugh. She started to laugh with me.

“Yeah, you’re right. That’s too weird. Sorry. Hey better get out of bed and get ready,” she said. I didn’t mind that she called me weird. I was weird. But I liked it. And so did Harry. I got up and went to the bathroom. I closed the door and looked at my teeth. This blood leaves a trace of silver on my teeth. I brushed my teeth with my finger to get rid of it. It made my finger look chrome. I washed my hands and came out of the bathroom to get dressed. Christina was still asleep. I went over to her and pushed her out of her bed.

“Get up,” I said as she fell. Cathy was watching this and she started to laugh out loud. Cristina kicked and struggled to get out of the blankets she was tangled in. When she got her head out, she gave me a that-is-so-not-funny look. I helped her up and she walked to the bathroom. Cathy was deciding how to wear her frizzy hair today and I went to get a brush and fix up my hair. I made two thin braids on the sire of my head and tied them together in the back. It was simple and I looked cute. When I finished doing my hair, I got on my uniform. I was the first one to finish. I looked outside and I didn’t see a single cloud in the sky. I closed the curtains, and went to the bathroom. I knocked on the door.

“Are you done yet?” I asked.

“No. But you go to breakfast without us. We’ll see you later,” she called back. Ah, breakfast. How necessary for humans and how annoying for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it getting bad yet?? Did I loose your interest yet?? No, good! Thanks for sticking with me! But time for the bad news...
Just like how football players biggest time is the superbowl, my biggest time is beginning and it will go out through the rest of the school year. Yes, the school musical auditions are this coming Monday. If I make it (and pray for me that I do) I'll have no time for the internet. I mean, I use my laptop for research for my homework. I'll be out all school nights in my auditorium in my school dancing and singing if I make it. If I don't you have nothing to worry about ^.^
So wish me luck and be prepared to read all about it after the auditions. P.S.- The musical this year is Beauty and the Beast. .......... Yeah like I wasn't nervous already!!

********************************************************************************
AVPM- Act 1, Scene 4
Malfoy: “Now you’re just being cute. I can’t go to Pigfarts. It’s on MMMAAARRRSSS! You need a rocket ship!”