Ice Hot

Chapter 29

I got ready for school right before Cathy got up. I didn’t need to do much, but it was good for my image if I did something.

“Morning Carol,” she said.

“Morning Cath,” I said back. Before she goes to the bathroom, she doesn’t say much. When she got out she was a new person.

“So, you excited about today?” she asked.

“No. I’m freaking scared,” I said.

“Ah, scared for Harry?” she asked. Gee, was it that obvious?

“Yeah. What if something goes wrong and he gets hurt?” I wasn’t helping myself. Harry was a smart boy. He could do this.

“He’ll be fine. He needs your support. Be confident in him.” She gave a good pep talk.

“Thanks Cathy,” I said. I sat on my bed and tried to get a hold of myself before I saw Harry today. I had to be as confident as I could. He couldn’t know I was afraid. I took a deep breath in and was ready to see his face.

“Okay Cath, I’m going down to breakfast now,” I called to her in the bathroom again.

“Okay. Tell Harry I said good luck,” she said and I went to the dining room.
When I walked in, Harry was there talking to Hermione. He didn’t seem so scared, but I had to put on a good show to give him confidence. I ran over and wrapped my arms around his back, holding him from behind.

“Guess who?” I asked playfully.

“Is it my amazing girlfriend?” he answered.

“Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner,” I said. I came around him to face him. “Here’s your prize.” I kissed him hard, but it didn’t look any different than a simple kiss. I put as much passion in it as I could for as short as it was. When he pulled apart, he laughed a little.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Nothing. It’s just that yesterday, you wouldn’t touch me,” he said.

“Yeah, that’s right. What happened?” Hermione asked. I forgot she was there.

“I thought about it last night, and realized I was being stupid,” I said.

“But why did you do that in the first place?” she asked again. Why didn’t she just leave us alone and stop asking questions?

“Um Hermione, can you give us a little privacy?” Harry asked. I loved that he knew what I was thinking. It was like we were the same person. It sure felt like that.

“Okay, but there’s not much privacy here,” she said. She was right. There were a lot of people around us. But if they didn’t eavesdrop, I could care less. When she left, Harry grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. He kissed me lightly on the forehead. That made me a little upset. He was good at keeping control and I needed him to stop me. I sighed deeply and Harry caught that.

“What is it?” he asked. I looked down.

“You’re so in control and I can barley stop myself. It just makes me feel… weak,” I said. He tilted my head up.

“I’ll be waiting for you outside the hall after breakfast,” he said. He left to take his seat. I went to the stage and took my seat.

The entire meal, I stared at Harry. I was scared, anxious, excited. Every feeling anyone could feel. I got another bottle of animal blood from Jacob, but it was cold. I didn’t care. I drank it in ten seconds. It wasn’t a lot and I still needed more.
This meal seemed the longest out of all of them. When it finally ended, I got up and went outside to look for Harry.

“Carol.” I heard Harry and turned around to see him leaning against a wall in a corner that no one was in.

“Why did you want me over here?” I asked.

“Because I can’t do this in public,” he said. He put his arms around my neck and pulled me close to him and kissed me harder than he ever had before. He pushed me against the wall and ran his hand down my back to my waist and pulled it to him. He never did this before. He was always passionate, but he never acted like this before. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and I thought that he couldn’t stop like me. I pushed him away from me, even though I wanted him to keep going.

“What are you doing?” I said in an upset tone. He disregarded it.

“That’s what I want to do every time I kiss you. It takes so much strength to stop. I don’t know how I do it, but I do. I guess, in the long run, when you’re ready, it’ll be perfect,” he said. He made a good point. When he was a vampire, it will be so good. I didn’t want to tell him yet, but I was sure that he would say yes to it.

“Did you know I would stop you?” I asked. I wanted to know if he was testing me.

“No. I was amazed that you stopped me, actually,” he said. “Maybe you’re stronger than you think you are.” Was I really?

“No,” I whispered and I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed him hard. It felt so good. He pulled my hands out of his hair.

“It’s time for the first task,” he said. I didn’t want him to go. I knew that I had to be supportive, but I flung my arms around him and held him close to me.

“I can’t let you go. I love you,” I said. He let my arms go. He looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

“I’ll be totally fine. Trust me,” he said. I took a deep breath in and walked with him to the champion tent.

The tent was in front of the gate, leading to the arena. We walked in through the front. Fleur, Viktor and Cedric were already there, along with the number one bitch, Rita Skeeter and her news crew. I still wanted to wring her neck out. I turned to Harry and gave him a goodbye hug.

“Be safe,” I said so softly that no one except Harry could hear.

“Carol,” I let go and looked at Cedric. “You know, you can stay for a while if you want to.” I looked in his eyes quickly and he compassionate for us.

“Thanks Cedric,” I said and Harry and I walked over to a cot in a little area and sat down. Every one else was pacing around nervously.

“Harry you do know what your going to do, right?” I asked. He did need a strategy.

“Yes. It should work,” he said. That made me feel a little better. Then, we all heard a dragon roar. That didn’t make me feel better. I held him a little tighter. He put his arm around me. All the others went to the front of the tent to see if they could see the dragons. I would never want to. I heard something strange then. It was like a gas leak from a pipe. It happened again. it was coming from the back of the tent. I let go of Harry and walked over.

“What is it?” he asked. I looked behind the open fold of the tent and saw Hermione standing behind it. I gestured to Harry to come over.

“Hermione, what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I came to give Harry a little pep talk. Sorry, I didn’t know you were there,” she said.

“No, no. It’s okay. He’s right here,” I told her. I moved out of the way and put Harry in the spot I was just in.

“Harry, how do you feel?” He didn’t answer. He was terrified. “The key is to concentrate. After that you just have to…”

“Battle a dragon,” he said. Out of no where, I guess fear, love, a spur of the moment, she jumped out from behind the tent and threw her arms around Harry. I moved out of the way before she knocked me over. Right after, there was a bright flash of light. We all turned and Rita took their picture.

“Oh, a conflict I see,” she said. “If everything goes unfortunately today, you may even make front page.” I lost it then. I started to walk to her and attack. Harry knew that. He grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Nothing will happen to him,” I said in a stern tone. How dare she even say that he might get hurt? It was always in the back possibility, but I never thought about it too long or talked about it.

“Well…”

“You have no business here,” Viktor said from across the room. “This tent is for champions and friends.” He was acting so kind right now, and I would recognize it more, but I hated Rita the Devil so much right now.

“No matter,” she said in a serpentine voice. “We got what we wanted.” And she walked out like she just won a prize.

“I’m going to kill her,” I said.

“Go ahead,” Harry said back. Hermione tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see her face in sorrow.

“I’m so sorry Carol. I wasn’t thinking,” she said. She was sorry for loving Harry? That was outrageous. She would never love Harry the way I did, but I could never be mad at her for caring.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for,” I said. She gave me a hug. It was cold outside foe human temperature, so I had on a sweater.

“Now, can you give us some privacy?” I asked. She smiled and left. I heard Dumbledore coming, but before I left I had to tell Harry something. I turned him to face me.

“Harry, no matter what, if something goes wrong, and you’re in total danger, I will save you, no matter what,” I said. He sighed.

“Carol,” he started to talk, but I put my hand over his mouth. I looked at him with all seriousness.

“I will,” I said. I moved my hand from his mouth and kissed him. It was quick and it killed me to stop. Right after, Dumbledore came in.

“Good day, champions,” he said in a lively voice. Wasn’t he scared at all? “Gather around.” We all came toward him and made a circle. Harry and I were next to him.

“Now, you’ve waited, you’ve wondered and now the time is here. A moment only four of you can fully appreciate.” He turned to me. “What are you doing here, Miss Cullen?” he asked.

“I just came to talk to Harry. But we’re done,” I said. I shot a convincing smile at him. I walked out. I turned around one last time.

“Good luck,” I said. I wished it for everyone, but it was meant for Harry.

I walked up the tall set of wooden stairs on the side of the arena that led to the top rows. The top rows had stairs that led down to the bottom rows like bleachers. Hermione and Ron were in the third row to the top. I squeezed in between them. Ron was holding a banner that had Harry’s name on it. I gave him a genuine smile.

“You’re a good person Ron,” I said. Out of no where, there was a roaring boom from a canon. I held my breath and hoped that Harry would be the first to come out so I didn’t have to worry. But it was Cedric. I would have to worry and wait.

After Cedric went, it was Fleur then Viktor. All beat the dragons and got a gold egg that had a clue for the next challenge. They all had vicious dragons, but Harry was next, and the only one left was the one that I thought of as a threat. The most dangerous one of all. Dumbledore called out to the stadium.

“Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each of them proceeds to the next task, and now our fourth and final contestant.” My Harry. A roar of applauds climbed up from the stands. They started chanting his name. He came out and for a short moment, didn’t feel scared for him. I felt proud that he was there, doing something that not everyone could do. The crowd silenced and Harry spotted the egg. He took only three steps forward when a large, spiked tail swung at him twice, knocking him off the rocks all around him. I stood up in my seat, ready to jump down if he got hurt. He sat back up and looked at it. His face was pure fear. It blew fire at him and he barely dodged it, tripped over his own feet. He tried to climb up a rock to hide for a moment, but the dragon flew up in the air and smashed its tail at the rock he was on. He slid off and the dragon’s tail hit him and flung him onto the ground several feet away. If he didn’t move I was going to kill the dragon for him. He got up and seemed perfectly fine. he ducked around another rock right before the dragon blew another fiery breath. He wasn’t doing anything besides ducking and dodging. He was going to get killed for it.

“Your wand, Harry! Your wand!” Hermione yelled out. Harry took it out and pointed it to the sky, away from the dragon.

”Accio Firebolt!” I heard him say, but nothing happened. Nothing came from his wand or the sky. What was he doing? He ran behind a rock to hide from it. His not doing anything was getting me scared. He didn’t even attempt to attack. He looked out from behind the rock to look at something I turned to see something flying straight for him. While he was still looking, the dragon spit fire again. Harry barely dogged it. The fire started to melt the rock. When the dragon stopped breathing fire, Harry jumped from behind the rock. Something swooshed passed overhead and went right for Harry. It looked like a broom. He jumped on it, as the dragon once again breathed fire. He flew off on the broom, missing the flames. We all cheered. He could easily get the egg now. He turned around and zoomed right for it, but missed to the fire from the dragon. The dragon got up and flew after him and got choked by the chain. It threw its head to one side and broke the chain. A few people screamed. The dragon was loose.

“Oh, my god,” I heard Ron whisper. I was terrified. It chased Harry, snapping its mouth at the back of his broom. Harry turned to the tent in the stands with all the teachers and staff in it. Harry flew under the tent as the dragon followed and lifted the top off the tent. I heard Ron’s brothers from behind cheering for the dragon.

“Yeah, well done dragon!” they shouted. I didn’t find this funny at all. Harry was gone with a dragon following him, and I didn’t know where he was. All my positive thoughts were gone.

For fifteen minutes, I held my breath, waiting for Harry to come over the hill on his broom. Every second passed I got more and more anxious. Most people were searching the sky for him. I folded my hands together and rested my head against them.

“Please,” I whispered softer than anyone could hear. “I love him.” A wave of cheers filled the entire stadium. My head shot up and saw Harry flying slowly toward the stadium. Where everyone screamed and cheered, all I did was let go of the breath that I held for fifteen minutes. He soared down and grabbed the egg. It was over. He jumped off his broom and held the egg in the air.

“Congratulations,” Dumbledore’s voice traveled through the entire stadium. “All of our contestants have passed the task. I hope to see you all during the next task.” Harry walked out of the stadium and everyone started to leave.

“Hey, party in the Gryffindor common room,” Fred and George said. While I walked down too slow, I thought of a way to get into the dorm that wasn’t mine. When I got down, who else stopped me but the jerk himself Draco Malfoy. He pulled me away from the group of students that were leaving. I envied them. He pushed me up against the wall and had one arm leaning on the wall over my shoulder.

“So you want to hang out?” he asked me in a slimy voice that I always hated.

“Not even if you paid me,” I said. I started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. I was so tempted to rip his arm out of his socket.

“C’mon now.” I had enough. I pulled my arm away from him and everything turned slightly darker. That meant my eyes went from the perfect gold to black. I hope he didn’t notice.

“Why not leave me alone? Why do you have a stupid little crush on me anyway?” he had a look on his face, like that was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Because you’re gorgeous,” he said. That was obvious. “That’s why every boy has a crush on you. That’s the only reason Potter has a crush on you.” He made me think. Was he right? Was that the only reason Harry loved me?

“Just leave me alone.” I pushed him aside with my shoulder. I hope I shattered his bones. I headed to the forest fast and found a baby unicorn. Not enough to fill me up, but enough to change my eye color. Harry never liked my black eyes. I walked to the school thinking about what Draco said. Why did he love me? Did he even love me like I loved him? I took off my bracelet. His name was so perfect. What was I thinking? Harry loved me as much as I loved him. I don’t doubt the sun coming up or the stars shining at nigh. So I shouldn’t doubt our love. A smile filled my face and I couldn’t wait to see him. I put it on and ran at my natural speed to the school.

I knew where it was and got there with ease. Hermione was waiting in front of a painting of an old, fat lady. She saw me and her face lit up.

“There you are. Where have you been?” she asked.

“I had something important to do first. And Draco stopped me.” The mention of his name soured her face. She shrugged it off. The painting swung open as Hermione pulled me in. She wanted to see me with Harry as much as I wanted to be with him. She was the best friend ever. I had to do something for her. But I couldn’t think too hard on that now. There was a group of people crowding around something. They were all cheering and clapping. I could guess what was in the center. Hermione helped a lot. She ran ahead of me.

“Move it! Move! Make room!” She moved everyone to the side so I could get to the center. Fred and George were holding Harry on their shoulders. His face lit up with joy when he saw me, and a different smile grew on his face from the one before.

“Harry!” I yelled and I ran for him as he got down. I hit him so hard, that he spun around with me in his arms. I started to cry and I herd his heart beat faster. I finally felt complete me in his arms. I had to let him know what was on my mind.

“I love you Harry,” I whispered in his ear. I would have stayed like that forever, but one of the boys in the crowd around us couldn’t wait.

“Shush!” He was so impatient. “Go on, Harry. What’s the clue?” He handed Harry the egg and he let go of me, keeping one arm around my waist.

“Who wants me to open it?” he asked the room. They started to cheer and I clapped, being very enthusiastic.

“Do you want me to open it?” The room cheered louder. He was the master of suspense.

“Just do it already,” I said. I heard a chuckle from a few kids. Harry turned the top of the egg and the sides of it fell down. The inside was strange. It wasn’t totally see-through, but I could see everything on the other side. It was like it was filled with gold water, but there were no sides to keep it in. but that wasn’t the part that bad. When Harry opened it, a high pitch screech came from it. I was designed to take sounds like that, but this was loud and on a frequency that made me fall down. Everyone else fell with me, and I would have faked it to look human, but it was real. Harry closed it and the scream ended, but I still had a head ache from it. I couldn’t hear anything but a ringing in my ears. Everyone looked toward an entrance probably leading to a bathroom or something. Ron was standing there, but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. Harry helped me up and for the first time I needed it. Hermione lead me over to a seat. She started to talk and I could barely make out what she was saying. It faded enough for me to talk to her.

“Are you okay?” she said slowly and separating each word so I could understand.

“Yeah. I’m good now. It just shattered my ear drum,” I joked. She laughed a little and rubbed my back. What I loved the most about her was that she didn’t question my hardness, or my coldness or my paleness. She accepted it like Harry did.

“Are you sure your fine?” she asked me.

“Oh, totally.” I looked up and saw Ron talking to Harry. They looked at me. Ron said something that I didn’t catch and Harry came over and sat next to me.

“Carol, you okay?” he asked. He probably knew that I was fine, but he wanted to be kind.

“Fine, fine. just have a little head ache.” I gave him a look of seriousness. He knew that I couldn’t get head aches. In fact I couldn’t get injured or get sick or die. He knew this. I caught his cuts and scratches from the event.

“Harry, you’re cut.” No one would look twice at them, but I couldn’t stand to see him hurt. “I should clean them.” I got up and pulled him to the stairs. When we were away from the public eye, he turned me around.

“Did you really pull us away to take care of a few little cuts burses, or was it for another reason?” he asked me. That was an obvious answer.

“Mostly to take care of the cuts,” I said. I pulled him to his room. When we got in, I put him on his bed and I went into the bathroom to get a first aid kit.

“I thought you come in through my window at night,” I heard Harry say from the other room. That was random.

“Yeah, I do. You know that.” I opened a cabinet with a mirror on it and found it.

“Then how do you know where my room is?” he asked me. I walked back to him and sat on the bed.

“Harry, I think you forget that you’re room is the only one in the entire school that doesn’t set my throat ablaze.” I opened the little white box and pulled out a cotton ball and anti bacterial. I put the cotton ball on top of the bottle and dunked it quickly onto the ball to get it slightly damp.

“Oh. I forgot how painful it is to have that all the time,” he said.

“Yeah, its painful. But I’m used to it by now. And you help a lot.” I looked up and smiled at him. “And since we’re on the topic of pain…” I said. I tilted his head up and brushed the cotton ball over the cuts on his cheek. He sucked a quick breath of air in through his teeth. That must have stung. I can’t remember the last time I was in physical pain.

“Harry, do you love me?” I asked him in a weak voice. He looked up at me in astonished eyes.

“Oh course I love you. How could you think anything less?” he asked me with an edge to his tone.

“Draco stopped me on my way here. He said that every boy had a crush on me only because of the way I looked. If that’s it, then they only have a stupid, little crush. Why do you love me?” His face was in shock.

“Malfoy is doing to die,” he said. He got up and walked to the door. I pulled him back. “Why would he even put that idea in your head?” He grabbed my shoulders lightly. “Carol, I love you beyond all believe. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

“But what if you’re confused? What if you think its love when it’s not?” His eyes were scared. No, they were horrified. He took off his glasses. I was instantly attracted to his eyes, like a magnetic pull. Or like gravity. He was feeling many things. The first thing I saw was sadness that I could ever think that. Then fear that I might think it enough to leave. That made me retreat a little. I tried it once before. He knew it didn’t work for both of us.

Then I found emotions that I was looking for. The strongest one was love. Pure love. The kind I felt for him. All doubt in my mind fled and I knew it would never come back. I found one feeling that sent me in to a spiral of joy. I made feel like a piece of him was found when he was happy before. That was the exact same thought that went through my head when I realized I loved him. And I knew I loved him. I don’t know when I started, but I was kissing him passionately. And I never doubted our love again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mibba? What is Mibba? Oh yeah! It's that creative writing site that I have an account on and like 10 unfinished stories. Why did I leave? Mainly, life took over and took off.
When last you saw me, I was in my school musical (or at least that where I think I left off). After that, I was greatful for my precious downtime, and I spent it all sleeping or watching TV, story of my life people, story of my life.
Then I took a little stroll with the devil. He has many names but for all intense and purposes, let's call him the SAT's for now. Well, I kicked his ass and he got pissed so he gave me 6 more finals and regents to do. He really does suck. And now it's summer and I've no longer been a junior for about a week and I've been loving every lazy summer afternoon I'm getting!! But now that it is summer and there are still some people who enjoy this story, I shall begin (or at least try to) update at a regular pace again.
I thought I had some prewritten chapters, but I think I accidentally deleted them and emptied my recycle bin on my desktop. Moral of the story kids: never delete chapters for stories you might end up finishing later in life. If anyone knows a way to get things back after you delete them and empty you recycle bin, let me know and I'll be forever in you debt!! <3
So sorry this has been a massive wait. But I have new enthusiasm!!!! :D Let's get the ball rolling again lovelies!!!!