Ice Hot

Chapter 3

Those three words sent me into a tail spin. "A vampire? Like a blood sucking, not real, creature of the night?" I asked. I wanted so badly for him to say no.

"No," he said. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Those parts aren't true, besides we drink blood." The tail spin was back.

"This isn't real. I'm too smart to belief in any of this. Unless all of this has a logical explanation, you're lying," I said. There was no way there was a logical anything for this.

"Well, when a vampire bites a human, we release venom that changes the physical and chemical structure from human to vampire. So you aren't a human anymore," Carlisle explained. That actually made sense. Chemical and physical changes are very common.

"It's like burning a piece of wood," Alice said. "It was once wood, now it totally changed to ash."

"Okay, so logical is possible," I said. This started to make sense, but I still had a bunch of questions.

"So, my next question is, chemically changing makes sense. Being faster, stronger, better eye sight. But what do you mean physically? Don't I look the same?" I asked. They looked at each other and then the perfect blond girl came over, took my arm and brought me to a mirror. I saw a beautiful girl standing there. She looked almost exactly like me. She was the same size as me and had my bright, orange, wavy hair and had my freckles. But her skin was so smooth and pale and had almost a diamond shine to it. But what scared me about her were her eyes.
Where if she had one eye light blue and the other perfect green-gray, I would be sure she was me. But instead, I saw demon, blood red eyes. They sent a shiver down my spine. I didn't want to admit it, but the gorgeous creature with the eyes I could never bare to see was me. I stumbled away from the eyes I saw in the mirror, trying to forget what the looked like. But the image was so clear in my mind. They scared me. The blond girl caught me before I fell.

"What happened to my eyes," I asked Carlisle. "My right one was a greenish gray and my left one was an ice blue. They were the only thing I loved about me and now there gone." He walked over and hugged me. I loved my eyes. Everyone loved the fact I had two different eye colors. They were the perfect colors, and now there gone. I knew Carlisle knew I was upset. He let go of me and brought me to the window. I didn't know what he was doing. He opened the curtains and the sun made me so happy. My skin, which was shining in the mirror, seemed like nothing compared to my skin in the sun. It shinned like a thousand diamonds. All the colors were bouncing off my pale arms and hands.

"I look incredible," I said, so happy that there was something that I loved more than my disfigured eyes. And I had more skin than eyes.
I skipped over to the couch where I was sitting before to continue asking my questions. I asked the one question was tugging at the back of my mind.

"Why can I tell what people are feeling? And why am I drawn to their eyes?" I wanted to know this since I looked into Edward’s eyes and knew what he was feeling. I was expecting Carlisle to give me an answer I could use but instead he said: "I didn't know that was possible." Being a vampire wasn't enough. No, I had to be a freak vampire.

"You mean this isn't normal? I'm weird?" I was scared if something went wrong when I was injected with the venom. Maybe it will become a problem and I will be in pain for the rest of eternity. Luckily, Carlisle was there to calm me down.

"Oh no, no, no. There's nothing wrong with you. You just have a special power. Many vampires have one. I just didn't know that that was an option."

"Do you have a power?" I asked him.

"No, but Edward, Alice, Renesme, Bella and Jasper do," he said.

"Which ones are Bella and Jasper?" I asked. I still didn't know everyone here. The wavy hair brunet girl and the curly hair blond boy both raised their hands.

"Hi guys," I said. I turned back to Carlisle.

"I would feel more comfortable if I knew everyone here. All I know is you, Edward, Alice, Bella, Renesme and Jasper." I still didn't know the names of the perfect blond girl, the muscular black hair boy or the women that was Carlisle’s age.

"Oh, yes. Well, this is my wife, Esme," he said. He wrapped his arm around the waist of the women. "And this is Rosalie and Emmet." He gestured to the perfect blond and the ripped boy.

"Okay, so Carlisle, Esme, Bella, Edward, Renesme, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie and Emmet?" I hoped I would remember all of their names.

"Yup," Emmet said. It would be cool to have siblings. This moment was perfect, except that there was something wrong with my body.

"Carlisle, my throat is sore. I think I have strep throat or something," I told him. Even if I'm not human, I could still get sick, right?

"You don't get sick when you're a vampire. You're dead. You can't catch viruses," Alice said.

"Well, it hurts, so what do I have?" I asked.

"You have the thirst," she said, and she looked excited.

"What?" There was no syndrome in the world called the thirst. I then realized what she meant. "Time for blood?" I asked. She nodded.

This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will go slowly so I can work on the chapters I'm not up to yet. (if that makes sence) :) Comment!!