Ice Hot

Chapter 30

I stayed after everyone else left. It was around 9:30 before Harry started to doze off.

“Harry, it’s time for you to sleep.”

“Okay. Are you going to come tonight?” I actually didn’t think I should.

“Probably not. You really need sleep tonight. I’ll see you tomorrow. I promise.” His head fell, but looked up and smiled a little. I kissed him and gave his a hug. He grunted. I pulled away. ‘I thought I covered all of his wounds,’ I thought to myself.

“My shoulder hurts badly,” he said. I took off his shirt and felt his collar bone. I felt a little indent.

“Ooh,” was all I could say. “When I ran into you after the contest, I think I might have pulled something. Here.” I took a long piece of cloth from the first-aid on the floor and tied it around his right shoulder as a sling. “Tomorrow, go to the nurse and get it checked out.”

“You mean the infirmary?” he asked.

“Uh, yeah. That.” I keep forgetting I’m in a different country. I kissed his forehead and left. He tried to hold onto my hand, but I was in too much of a rush to leave. I mean, I would never want to leave him, but I wanted blood a little too much to be around him. And he needed his sleep. I walked out of their dorm and made my way to mine. Kathy and Christina were there in their pajamas and playing a card game on the floor.

“Hey Carol. You okay?” Christina asked.

“Yeah. I’m going to get some sweats on and wander around a little before I go to bed.”

“Okay.” They went back to playing their game. I went into the bathroom and put on whatever I picked up. I looked at myself in the mirror. Even with my unnatural look that had the slightest hint of evil, my killing glare in my honey gold eyes and an unprepared instinct to attack anything with a beating pulse, I felt more like my fourteen year old self that fateful day I went to Forks for an innocent camping trip than I ever can with him. I left the bathroom and the girls finished their game. They didn’t notice me leave.

For the next hour or so, I wandered aimlessly, thinking about how close I was to loosing the universe. Well, my universe at least. I started to think about how it was possible for me to be in such love without a heart that can feel anything and, at the same time, feels everything. I then started to think about something that never really worked its way into my brain until now. The ones that stopped my heart. Edward, Jasper, Emmett, Alice, Rose, Bella, Renesme. Mom, dad. Their names echoed in my head, making my stomach turn. ‘I miss them,’ I thought. So much. This was probably the first time I wasn’t thinking about Harry. Maybe my life didn’t entirely revolve around him. He was still an unbelievably huge part of it, but I never thought of letting anyone else in besides him. I heard a voice coming from nowhere that said it was curfew. I walked back to my room, missing my family more and more. When I entered, Christina and Kathy were asleep. I was just about to run my nightly hunt, when something caught my eye. It was a white package on my bed. I sat on the edge of my bed, having to move Adrienne. It was from Alice. I was so happy to know she still loved me too. I thought she forget about me. I thought they all forget about me, including Jacob. I opened it and two envelopes fell out. One was small and thick and one was long and thin. I took the thinner one and opened that first. It was a note:

Hey Carol,
Sorry I haven’t been writing that much, but I have been kind of busy. You know, high school again and all that good stuff. So, I was going through some old jewelry and I realized that I forget to send you something. One is a necklace that I made personally for us. I have one and so do Rose, Bella and even Renesme. (She says HI, by the way) I made it go perfectly with our skin when it hits the light. And that reminds me. I hope you’re staying safe. And the ring is… well we all have a piece of our family with us at all times. Now, you do too. Enjoy! Love you so much and we all miss you so very much! From-
Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward, Bella, Renesme, Alice, Jasper & Jacob [written by Alice]

That put a smile on my face. I took the other envelope and opened it. The first ting to fall out was a heart-shaped necklace with a silver chain. The heart was an unbelievable color. It was clear with a blue tint to it. It didn’t shine, but it matched me perfectly. There was something else in the envelope too. It was a gold ring. It had amazing detail, and in the center of it was out family’s crest covered in a large bubble of glass. It was amazingly beautiful. It put it on and it fit perfectly. Oh Alice, even when you’re not here, you always make me feel better. I couldn’t have a better sister. I put the necklace on my nightstand and I jumped out the window. I had a good catch that night. I got some werewolves, a full grown, male unicorn. I also found a type of deer. It looked normal, but it tasted as bad as everything else. I searched the forest for more, but they were all gone. It may just have been passing through. I was getting really sick of unicorns and werewolves. The sun was coming up and I ran back to my room. When I came in, both Kathy and Christina were up. Better than that, they were right in front of me. I jumped out the window, hoping they wouldn’t look out the window. I could hear their conversation.

“Hey, did you see Carol this morning?” Christina asked.

“Nope. But you know her. She’s always up at the crack of dawn.”

“Yeah. Hey can you close the window? It’s a little cold in here.” Oh, crap.

“It’s going to get stuffy if I do.” Thank you, Kathy.

“Okay. We should go before breakfast is over.”

“Sure.” I heard them walk out of the room and close the door. Thank God. I climbed into the room and was about to leave, but Adrienne was rubbing against my leg. She wanted food.

“Sorry baby. I forget.” I picked her up and put her on my bed. I took her food bowl and filled it with dry food and filled her water bowl with water. I put them both on the nightstand by my bed and petted her as I watched her eat. She was so cute. I left the room and made my way down to the dining room, playing with my ring all the way. I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione as soon as I walked in. I was late. I walked up to Harry, still wearing the sling I made him. He was supposed to get something better than that. I smiled at him. I kissed him on the cheek.

“Morning. Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay. How did you sleep?” asked Ron. Harry smiled.

“Perfectly. I had a great dream.” I said. Yeah, a dream that I was drinking blood that wasn’t metallic.

“Nice. Oh, you got a package,” he said. He handed me a brown box. I looked at the return address.

“Oh, it’s from Jacob!” I ripped the box apart and took out a note.

Hey Carol,
You probably forgot, because you’re not in America anymore, that it’s Thanksgiving. So, I sent you some turkey blood. We had a big feast, but it wasn’t right without you. Enjoy!
-Jacob
P.S.: I think you could use this.

I took out a black bottle of what smelled like blood. Ah, Jacob, my savior. I then took out what I needed more than all the blood in the world. My iPod charger. Yes! I held it to my heart and sighed. “I owe him so much right now.” I sat down and Harry had his arm around me.

“What is it?” Hermione asked.

“It’s the thing that I need to survive,” I said. Harry laughed.

“I thought that was me,” he said.

“Yes, but I have you everyday. I haven’t had my IPod in weeks or more.” I put it in my skirt pocket. Ron took the black bottle.

“What’s in here?” he asked shaking it, hearing the blood swish around in it.

“It’s a… special smoothie that my family sent over for the holidays.”

“Wouldn’t a smoothie go badly on a trip so far?” Damn it. I hate it when I can’t get my stories hole-proof.

“Well, yeah but this one never goes bad. But it does get cold.” The blood probably lost all of the bird’s natural heat.

“You drink smoothies warm? Isn’t that a bit repulsive?” Hermione said.

“I said it was a special smoothie.” I took the bottle from Ron and put it back in the box. Hermione took a newspaper with moving pictures from the table. “Oh the news. Give me the comics when you’re done, all right?” She smiled at me, but it finished when she took a look at one of the articles.

“I can’t believe it! She’s done it again.” She started to read the article. “Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. But which one, no one can say.” Her mouth fell open in disgust. She continued. “Sources reported that she had her eyes set on Viktor Krum, but as of yesterday, it seems her taste has moved to Harry Potter. Harry Potter, however, has been known to be dating the American exchanged student Carol Cullen. Maybe…” Hermione looked up at me. “Oh God.” I snatched the paper from her, quickly examining the moving picture of Harry and Hermione replaying over and over again to find the line that Hermione stopped at. I read it in my head and gagged in horror.

“Maybe Miss Cullen and Mister Krum should get together… so as not to have their hearts broken again?!” I slammed my hand on the table. “That’s it. I’m going to kill her. I’m literally going to strangle that skinny, boney neck of hers.”

“I’ll get the rope,” Harry commented. A young boy with blonde hair came to us with a big, tan box.

“Parcel for you Mister Weasley,” he said.

“Ah, thank you Nigel.” Ron took it but Nigel stood, looking at Harry with a little black book in his hand. Ron looked a bit embarrassed. “Not now, Nigel. Later,” he whispered. Nigel and we stared at Ron waiting for an answer. “I told him I’d get him Harry’s autograph.” We all groaned. Ron opened the package and whatever was in it smelled really bad.

“Oh, look. Mum sent me something.” He took out a long, brown dress with very ugly pink lace on the collar and sleeves. “Mum sent me a dress. He had against his chest and it was his length.

“Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?” Harry asked. He reached into the box and pulled out a white chest piece with a bowtie on it, obviously that part was for him.

“Nose down Harry.” He went over to Ginny. “Ginny, these must be for you.” She looked at it in discussed.

“I’m not wearing that. It’s ghastly.” Hermione started to snicker rather loudly.

“What are you on about?” She looked at Ron, trying to contain herself.

“They’re not for Ginny. They’re for you.” Everyone started to laugh. Even I couldn’t keep a straight face. “They’re dress robes.”

“Dress robes? For what?”

“I don’t know, but shouldn’t you put them on? You know, to make sure they fit?” I asked, joking around.

“Carol,” He had a seriously annoyed look.

“I’m sorry Ron. They really aren’t that bad. They’re very…” I had to think of something nice to say. “Sharp?” I gave him a genuine smile.

“Thanks.” He put it back in the box. His eyes traveled to someone behind me. His face also got tense. I turned around and one of the teachers was coming towards us. I wasn’t sure of his name, but it sounded a lot like snake. He had black hair and wore dark clothes. I didn’t feel very comfortable around him.

“Miss Cullen?” His voice was deep and dark. He reminded me of Lurch from the Addams Family. I’m always waiting for him to say, ‘you rang?’ I would laugh so hard if that happened.

“Yes?”

“I need you assistance.” I groaned, not really wanting to leave making fun of Ron’s new ‘dress.’

“Fine.” I kissed Harry and gave Ron a hug. “Ron, tell me if anyone makes fun of you for that. They’ll have to answer to me.” He laughed like I could really mess someone up. Oh, I could so do more than mess them up. I followed the teacher down some halls and into a room that wasn’t fully familiar with me. All the Slytherins were there. I took a seat next to Christina and Kathy who were there too. The only Slytherin I liked. The dark teacher stood in front of the room.

“Being that Hogwarts is the current school that the Triwizard tournament is being held in,” Oh god his voice is so boring. “we have the honor of holding the Yule Ball. Now, it has been informed that each house must have one class of dance per week until the ball’s date. Boy girl pairs.” After that, he just turned around and sat in the back to watch us. He wasn’t the best teacher in the world. Some of the boys and girls got up to pair up. I caught eyes with a boy; I think his name was Montague. He was one of the nicer boys in my house. He got up and I went over to him. But guess who stopped him and told him to find another girl. Can that boy just not take a hint?

“May I have this dance?” the worm asked.

“I’d rather dance with a dog,” I spat at him. I would much rather dance with Jacob. I smiled at myself.

“You don’t have much of a choice. Everyone is already paired up.” I looked around. Dammit he was right. I took a deep sigh. It was times like these I wish I could just snap everyone’s head off in this room. I gripped his hand in mine and made him flinch in pain. I smiled brightly. I didn’t care about hiding it; I wanted him to know how much I despised him. I hated his smugness and his utter selfishness, and something else that just radiated evil. I was never one to use evil lightly. I wouldn’t even call the vampires evil, not even the Volturi. But something about him I could feel it.

I swayed around the room with him just for a few minutes. He was a terrible dancer. I had a few extra years to practice with Carlisle. He made sure I could do all the things a young lady was supposed to do. That included dance perfectly. But Draco, he stumbled over his feet and moved like a brick wall. I was getting fed up with him. But he had to go and talk.

“So, who are you going with?” He did not just ask me that question, did he?

“Gee, I don’t know. It’s not like I have a boyfriend or anything!” I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm as my teeth started to drip with venom.

“Has he even asked you yet?” I was quiet for a minute. I knew where he was going with this.

“He will. I have no doubt he will.”

“How do you know that?” Is he asking for a murder? I let go of him and I had two ideas in my mind: rip his head off and drink him dry (I bet his blood would taste so good) or walk away now. I was tempted, but Esme wouldn’t leave the back of my head, so I left.

“Ms. Cullen! Where are you going?” Snape said, still in a quiet monotone voice.

“Anywhere but here!” I yelled back and slammed the door on my way out, almost breaking it in two.
♠ ♠ ♠
.... Ok then? There were a few people who cared that I had a story. Where'd they go? No one commented. Oh well, it's back and I'm too determined to stop. Maybe everyone's offline... all at once. *crawls into a corner and rocks back and forth*
Well, I'm gonna start writing again. Next chapter might be short while I get back into the swing of things.
I posted a new journal entry! (Oh wait, they're called blogs now -___-) Read it and agree with me dammit!! ;)
Love ya lots!! <3