Ice Hot

Chapter 6

"This is impossible," I said. "What is this? Magic? Magic isn't real."

"It may not be real but if it is, this could be a chance of a life time," Alice said.

"You said that there were no more mystical things in the world besides werewolves and vampires," I pointed out to Alice.

"I didn't know this was real, either," she said. "But if I were you, I wouldn't let this slip away from me. You herd him. It's a free trip to England. Have you ever been to Europe before?"

"No, but that's not the point," I said.

"Then what is the point?" Bella said. "Alice is right. This is a once in a lifetime chance. Don't give it up." I looked at them with sad eyes.

"But I've never been away from you before," I admitted. "I'm scared."

"Don't be," Carlisle said. He came over to hug me. His sent calmed me down more than Jasper could ever try. "We'll be right here when you come back for Christmas. It'll fly by." I hugged so hard, I thought that he would break in half. I let go and looked at my family.

"Well, that's it, then." I left them to go upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Edward asked.

"To go pack for London," I said with a smile on my face. "I need Alice's help, of course. Only she can pick out the perfect outfits." Alice's face glowed with happiness. She ran to my side. You'll have the best clothes in all of England." She pulled me upstairs, but not before I could mouth the words to everyone else, 'That’s what I'm afraid of.'

Alice and I spent hours packing my clothes. Picking out the right colors was a mission for Alice. After we filled up two suitcases with clothes, we went down stairs to look at when the flight was. I took it from Esme and the ticket said that I had to leave at 10:30 on August 29th. That was tomorrow.

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning," I told them. There were tears in my eyes. I was ready to leave, but not this early. I pulled my self together, remembering that I won't be gone forever.

"Okay, so Alice and I packed me up, I have my ticket...Oh no!" It dawned on me. "Where am I supposed to go when I get to the London airport?" That was a good question. The letter didn't say where to go when I get off the plane. Then, there was that smell again. The same perfect smell that sent me up the walls, only weaker. Like when I open the envelope. It was coming from the plane tickets. I opened the envelope that held them and there was a piece of paper that had the smell. I read it and told them what it said.

"That's weird. It says 'There will be three students from Hogwarts waiting for you at the airport. They know you're coming. There names are Hermione, Ron and Harry. They will be holding a sign with your name on it. See you at school.' Did you know that was in there?" I asked Esme.

"No. I looked inside and that wasn't there. I swear," she said. That was odd.

"Weird, because before something weird happens, I always smell a perfect scent. It's like the scent that I went crazy over last night, but weaker. I think I can smell magic," I said. It made perfect sense to me.

"How can you smell magic?" Emmet asked.

"Well, everything has a scent to it. Maybe magic does too," I could tell that he thought that made sense.

For the next 24 hours, I had the best time of my life. We hunted mountain lion, which is my new favorite blood, I raced Jacob until I finally beat him, which was about 18 times and chatted with the girls about what types of souvenirs I should bring back. At midnight, I got nervous about leaving. I sat in a tree for two hours just thinking of what I was doing and what would happen when I went through the terminal. No one went to look for me, just so I could have some piece of mind. I would definitely miss everyone, but it was easy for me to get over it. I knew that this was a good thing. I had a gut feeling about this. The sun started to rise, so I decided to go find Jacob and say good-bye. He was in my room, waiting for me.

"Hey Jake," I couldn’t mask the sadness I felt.

"Hey Carol," He said. "How you feel?"

"Sad." He opened his arms and I ran into them. He was extremely hot on my skin and he smelled horrible, but I didn't care. He was my very best friend. Number one boy on my list. And he would have that place forever. I started to cry. It would be impossible to say good-bye to him. His heat would be the thing I remember most about him. It was as intense as the heat from my transformation, but I liked this much better. He let go of me, but I was reluctant to let go of him. He pried my arms from around his waist and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"You're always going to be my top girl, you know that right?" he asked me. I nodded.

"I love you, Jacob," I said.

"I love you too, Carol." With one more hug, he took my hand and walked me down stairs. Everyone was waiting down stairs for me to finish my good-bye with Jacob. They knew I was crying because the mirror on the wall showed that beautiful girl with her golden eyes, bloodshot red from tears. I looked away. Those eyes made me even sadder. Jacob let go of my hand, gave one last hug and left my house. I knew I wouldn't see him for what would seem like forever. I sat on the couch next to Jasper, laid my head on his lap and cried. He patted my head and he used his power to calm me down. I stopped crying, but he didn't make me feel any better.

"I miss him, already," I said. I sat up and looked at the clock on the wall. It was 9:30.

"Time to go," Esme said.

The drive to the airport was horrible. I was in Bella's car with her, Edward, Renesme, Alice and Jasper. Rosalie, Emmet, Esme and Carlisle were all in his car. When we got out, Emmet came over and took my things out of the trunk. I took Renesme and carried her. She put her hand on my cheek and showed me pictures of me back at home and playing with her. I knew what she meant. She was asking if I could stay.

"No, I can't stay. I'm going to miss you, but I have to go," I told her, trying to be brave for the both of us. I put on the gloves that Alice gave me so if I touched someone, my hand wouldn't seem cold to them. I had on a long sleeve shirt, jeans that covered all of my legs, boots and a Yankees cap I took with me from New York. Everything I needed to stay out of sunlight, if there was any. I got my bags checked and I was at the gate. I was ready to give my final good-byes. I put Renesme down after giving her a big hug. She was crying.

"Are those tears in those pretty little eyes?" I asked her in the funniest was I could to make her laugh. She nodded. "Come on. Stop crying. I won't be gone forever. I'll be back."

"I know," she said. "But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too. And I'll be back before you know it. I'll write to you every day. I promise." She smiled and kissed me on the nose. I then gave my good-bye hugs to everyone else. First Bella, then Emmet, Jasper, Esme, Edward, Alice, Rosalie and Carlisle. The women on the speaker said that the 10:00 flight to London was now boarding. I let go of Carlisle and said good-bye to everyone. I walked into the terminal, and I would be separated from my family for the next several months.